Has Update encouraged you to eat more healthy?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:40:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Has Update encouraged you to eat more healthy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Has Update encouraged you to eat more healthy?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Has Update encouraged you to eat more healthy?  (Read 846 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 20, 2014, 10:54:01 PM »

Yep. I haven't exactly attacked Bushie for his lack of fruits and vegetables in his diet because that'd be be rather hypocritical. I've decided that needs to change, it's not as urgent for me as it is for him, but they can't be things I eat only at family dinners. So next grocery store trip I'm getting some corn, carrots and apples in addition to my usual products.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 11:07:45 PM »

No, I still eat as terribly as before. But if I ever got to Bushie's point, I'd like to think I would stop (or would've stopped it long before getting to that point).
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 11:12:12 PM »

No, I still eat as terribly as before. But if I ever got to Bushie's point, I'd like to think I would stop (or would've stopped it long before getting to that point).

Bushie's problem is more his sedentarianism than his diet. Dude Fest 2009 was probably the most unhealthy diet of my adult life (it was basically Super Size Me that weekend plus gas station food) and yet I lost weight (I checked a coin operated scale on the way and back) due to how active I was in the moshing and dancing.

But really at Bushie's point now it doesn't matter. He needs to BOTH start eating better and moving more.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 11:14:08 PM »

Only one sandwich a day for me now
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 12:11:55 AM »

Yes.  Last time I was at the grocery store I bought two packs of raw broccoli florets (only $5 for both) and some hummus to dip them in.  Turned out to be a surprisingly delicious snack.

Thank you, Bushie, for inspiring me to drastically improve my snacking habits!
retromike22
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 01:42:59 AM »

I tried to go on a diet a few months ago by eating only healthy food, and I just stayed at the same weight. So I changed my mind and ate very unhealthy food like KFC and ghetto burgers. Well I got food poisoning from that, but I also ended up losing more weight than from the healthy diet.

"The Retromike Diet: Flush your weight away!"
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 07:17:43 AM »

I'll admit that I don't eat healthily, but I have always been a skinny person and as such, my weight has never been an issue. On top of that, I get a fair amount of consistent exercise (I usually walk 3-5 miles per day in addition to what a normal human would walk going about life), so I'm not exceptionally worried. I definitely need to make adjustments to my diet, but I think short-term, the more important goal should be to engage in more cardio to ensure that I'm getting enough strenuous exercise.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 08:25:00 AM »

Surprisingly, yes.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 08:45:54 AM »

Yes, it has, actually.  The many discussions with Bushie have opened my eyes to sugar intake and why too much is really bad. 
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 08:55:17 AM »

Not really, my own flab inspires me enough. But looking at that quote in Grumps's signature.. holy sh**t. Bushie's concept of food is seriously warped. I mean, at least if I decide to eat two sandwiches I can acknowledge that I'm overindulging. Cripes.

Bushie isn't dumb. He must know the amount of food that you need is how much you use (for energy and nutrition). Anything more will either be expelled or kept for later. Any justification otherwise is based on convenience, habit, and/or pleasure. Bushie would do well to investigate the Christian merits of fasting.

But most people can't change their behaviour long-term without a serious scare. I like eating healthy, but I also like eating unhealthily. Bushie hasn't affected me besides thinking briefly that I could help him change his habits.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 09:00:09 AM »
« Edited: November 21, 2014, 09:05:31 AM by Grumps »

Bushie hasn't affected me besides thinking briefly that I could help him change his habits.

It's the stories of those like Mr. Moderate, patrick1, J-Mann and others who have inspired me, not Bushie, for the record. These guys really made dramatic changes through hard work and guts.

Edit - I have to add Torie by name here........the transformation was remarkable and it took a lot of effort on his part.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 01:29:12 PM »

I hope it might do something like that for the people regularly reading it.

I haven't eaten fast food since probably the undergrad days, but over time have cleaned up my diet in other ways considerably. It's surprising how much of it is just habit. At one point I actually made a list of items that I was not going restock my kitchen with, like soda, and available substitutes, like fruit juice (grape and orange, for instance). Overnight, a new and better habit.

The other thing I learned was that vegetables actually have a lot of flavor. Meat, chicken, fish do not (while I do not eat red meat, I do eat fish, but I put lemon and seasonings on it). You have to put salt and all kinds of things on meat to get it to taste like something. So I love vegetables, actually.
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 02:22:38 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2014, 02:24:21 PM by Arturo Belano »

No. If I need encouragement to eat better from a disgusting slob, I watch JoeysWorldTour on Youtube. Much more powerful effect.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 02:59:44 PM »

Maybe a little.  I still don't eat as healthy as I should, eat too much junk, soda, pizza, etc.  I have gotten a little better, but not sure if it is update related or simply me knowing I need to as I get older (still don't eat that good).  With that being said I'm 160 pounds, not 290 like bushie, and I also work out several times a week, so I can get away with something Bushie can't.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 03:32:19 PM »

Honestly every time I see broccoli or spinach at the market, I think of Update and it makes more likely to buy them.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies