Office of the Attorney General
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:48:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of the Attorney General
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of the Attorney General  (Read 4544 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 21, 2014, 01:41:37 PM »

... sed lex

Welcome to the office of the Attorney General!
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 02:15:19 PM »

Congratulations on your appointment, Mr. ZuWo; I am sure you will do a fine job as Attorney General. Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 11:50:58 AM »

Congratulations on your appointment, Mr. ZuWo; I am sure you will do a fine job as Attorney General. Smiley

Thanks for your kind words, Thomas!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 06:10:37 PM »

I'm sure you'll do a great job as our nations chief legal counsel.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 02:32:13 AM »

Mr. Attorney General,

I have received information that implicates the Governor of the Midwest with voter intimiation (A Crime Against Atlasia under the Re-Consolidated Criminal Justice Act) and I have sent you a private message with the information I have obtained. I implore you to press charges given the serious nature of the offense.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 03:40:00 PM »

Mr. Attorney General,

I have received information that implicates the Governor of the Midwest with voter intimiation (A Crime Against Atlasia under the Re-Consolidated Criminal Justice Act) and I have sent you a private message with the information I have obtained. I implore you to press charges given the serious nature of the offense.

This has been seen, thank you. I have just returned from a short trip to Germany and will deal with this case as soon as possible.

On a more general note, the office of the Attorney General currently faces a heavy workload. While we try our best to work as efficiently as possible, dealing with all the pending cases may take a bit of time.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 07:13:57 AM »

Overview of the pending cases in the Supreme Court

- People of the Republic of Atlasia v. JoMCaR

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=203542.0

- People of the Republic of Atlasia v. Alfred F. Jones

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=203543.0

- Roe v. Attorney General ZuWo

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=203614.0

- People of the Republic of Atlasia v. Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=203653.0

Atlasians are, of course, free to discuss these lawsuits but are asked not to clutter the above-mentioned threads where the cases are argued and trials are held.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 06:49:35 AM »

A quick update on the trials mentioned in the previous post:

The Supreme Court of Atlasia has sentenced JoMCaR to a ban of three months from voting and officeholding.

Alfred F. Jones has been sentenced to a ban of six months from voting and two years from officeholding.

The two other cases, Roe v. Attorney General ZuWo and People of the Republic of Atlasia v. Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald, are still pending.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 09:46:01 PM »

Alfred F. Jones has been sentenced to a ban of six months from voting and two years from officeholding.

The two other cases, Roe v. Attorney General ZuWo and People of the Republic of Atlasia v. Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald, are still pending.

Disgusting. Which Laborite and/or women's right will be your next target?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 10:03:56 PM »

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 10:10:09 PM »

Technically the former case is actually Foucaulf suing the government in regards to Marokai's old abortion bill.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 10:19:05 PM »

I implore the President to do the right thing and give both these fine Atlasians full and unconditional pardons. His Justice Department is tearing this country apart with its reckless prosecutions.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 10:33:58 PM »

I would like to point out that I stand behind the efforts of the Justice Department, and as I said in the past I am not particularly inclined to disregard the judicial system by just giving pardons.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 12:03:16 AM »

Seriously, how many trials has the supreme court even had in the past year?

Some times I wonder whether or not the old excessively hyperbolic critique amongst RPP members regarding some on the left wanting to downsize the game isn't in some way correct. (Who am I kidding, of course it is! Tongue)

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2014, 05:09:37 AM »
« Edited: December 23, 2014, 05:12:16 AM by ZuWo »

The Department of Justice appreciates various forms of constructive criticism and welcomes a public debate on the Atlasian judicial system. In my role as Attorney General of Atlasia I am always open to suggestions as to how I can improve my work.

In order to thoroughly assess some of the objections which have been made I have a few specific questions.

Mr. Griffin, the first half of your post seems to imply that the office of the Attorney General is wont to prosecute certain Atlasian citizens based on their partisan affiliation rather than concrete evidence we obtain. Is my interpretation of your statement accurate?

As for the second part of your statement I defer to the comment made by Justice Oakvale. Indeed, I encourage you to have another close look at the thread started by citizen Foucaulf since my role in this lawsuit will be to defend a law passed by the Senate a considerable amount of time ago.

I implore the President to do the right thing and give both these fine Atlasians full and unconditional pardons. His Justice Department is tearing this country apart with its reckless prosecutions.

Senator Lief, while it is not part of my responsibility to comment on the claim that Alfred F. Jones and JoMCaR should be pardoned, I would like to focus on your assertion that the Department of Justice seeks to tear Atlasia "apart with its reckless prosecutions". Concretely, do you think the decision of the Attorney General to prosecute the alleged crimes in question is not justified from a legal point of view? In your view what steps should the Attorney General take when presented with evidence regarding crimes such as the ones mentioned above?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 10:30:38 AM »

Two court cases involving the office of the Attorney General are still pending:

Roe v. Attorney General ZuWo

People of the Republic of Atlasia v. Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 02:40:21 AM »

An official statement on the latest events concerning the "Civil Rigths Act of 2014" will follow shortly. Meanwhile, the Department of Justice urges everyone involved to exercise restraint and have confidence in the work of the federal and regional law enforcement authorities.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 02:53:11 PM »

The Department of Justice has taken note of the recent formation of militias in the Midwest and the Mideast. In my position as the Attorney General of Atlasia I am concerned about these developments. At the same time it must be noted that our Constitution explicitly mentions the right of Atlasian citizens to bear arms as well as the freedom of assembly. Therefore, there is currently no reason for the Department of Justice to proceed against leaders or members of those organizations. We are, however, monitoring the activities of the Nat Turner Brigade and the Mideast Matriot Militia and are ready to take legal action if members of those groups threaten to use or commit violence.

Finally, it is essential for all of us - officeholders and citizens alike - to respect and acknowledge that our republic is built on the foundation of democracy. Any attempts of individuals and groups of people to attack those who make public use of the fundamental right to freedom of speech and expression is an assault on the very foundation of our state.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2015, 04:55:47 PM »

The trial against LeBron FitzGerald has come to its conclusion. Following the verdict by the jury the Midwest Governor has been sentenced to a ban of six months from voting and a ban of one year on holding any office under the Republic of Atlasia. 

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=203653.100
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2015, 05:07:06 PM »

RIP SEVENTH LABORITE TO BE FORCIBLY REMOVED FROM THE GAME DURING THE LUMINE ADMINISTRATION Cry
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 05:18:40 PM »

Keep up the good work, Zuwo!
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2015, 06:19:32 PM »

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2015, 08:55:59 PM »

Are the proceedings recently initiated by the Deputy Attorney General against former President Tyrion being conducted with the support of the Attorney General?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2015, 09:20:05 PM »

Are the proceedings recently initiated by the Deputy Attorney General against former President Tyrion being conducted with the support of the Attorney General?

I know the question goes for Zuwo, but I can confirm a detailed discussion was held between the White House and the Justice Department, and these proceedings have indeed our full support.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2015, 10:44:35 PM »

I know the question goes for Zuwo, but I can confirm a detailed discussion was held between the White House and the Justice Department, and these proceedings have indeed our full support.

Oh, of course they do, because you have personally encouraged and presided over a systematic targeting of Laborites and Labor-friendly voters the entire time you have been in office. The simple fact of the matter is that Tyrion was pardoned along with anyone and everyone else who had committed crimes in the history of Atlasia. Whether you like that or not is irrelevant, and if you're trying to dissect some angle as to whether or not his actions were legitimate as President, then you'll be opening up a whole can of worms for legislation and decisions made during another two-term presidency as well.

To prove my point, why does the AG continue to instigate federal court cases for matters that should first be handled by a regional court? Furthermore, why wasn't sirnick's vote where he blatantly campaigned in a voting booth ever contested by the Attorney General's office? Oh, right: because this administration and justice system is nothing more than a right-wing hack-job that's hell-bent on purging as many leftists and perceived enemies from the game as possible before it's thrown out of office like the two-bit rag that it is.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies