Office of the Attorney General
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:31:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of the Attorney General
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Office of the Attorney General  (Read 4545 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2015, 10:55:27 PM »

Does the "deeply disturbing" trademark come with a tin foil hat as well? I'm sorry, but it's pretty hard to take claims like that seriously, same case with the ongoing attacks you've been unleashing ever since I took office.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2015, 11:02:46 PM »

You're blatantly encouraging the continued barrage of court cases against current and former Laborites solely and you are openly colluding with the Attorney General's office on cases that should be completely independent from your meddling. This is all easily observed or admitted by you. What exactly is being made up here?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2015, 12:24:46 AM »

I have admitted nothing of the kind, Griffin, the administration is simply trying to its job when it comes to prosecuting judicial cases. When it comes to your "Labor only" argument, I should also point out that people JoMCaR and Hifly clearly disprove it, and it would also be utterly ridiculous for a President not to communicate with his Justice Department. Furthermore, it should be noted that the last Attorney General to be involved in shady political dealings unbecoming of the office was Snowstalker, not Zuwo.

It's obviously not my problem if you choose to believe that this a witch hunt against your party, but I do believe it's for the best if the public wasn't forced to hear these repetitive conspiracy theories every week.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2015, 12:35:38 AM »
« Edited: February 06, 2015, 12:38:09 AM by NE Rep. Griffin »

I have admitted nothing of the kind, Griffin, the administration is simply trying to its job when it comes to prosecuting judicial cases. When it comes to your "Labor only" argument, I should also point out that people JoMCaR and Hifly clearly disprove it, and it would also be utterly ridiculous for a President not to communicate with his Justice Department. Furthermore, it should be noted that the last Attorney General to be involved in shady political dealings unbecoming of the office was Snowstalker, not Zuwo.

It's obviously not my problem if you choose to believe that this a witch hunt against your party, but I do believe it's for the best if the public wasn't forced to hear these repetitive conspiracy theories every week.

1) Hifly was brought to trial before your administration got its grimy hands on the levers of government; he nonetheless was a Labor-allied voter and supported Labor candidates in the last federal election he voted in
2) JoMCar blatantly broke the law to the extent that not prosecuting him would have proven to be an overt admission of your own administration's hackery; no choice not to whatsoever

All but one of the cases this administration has promoted or pursued - which numbers more than any other administration - have been against Labor citizens and officeholders.

Furthermore, no: the Justice Department is supposed to operate independently when deciding who to try and who not to try. The President shouldn't have any hand whatsoever in whispering or colluding with the Justice Department on these affairs.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2015, 02:47:12 AM »

Thank you for clarifying things, Mr. President.

Mr. Griffin is a lost cause but I ask everyone else to calm down a little. The decision to prosecute Ogis was made jointly by the Deputy Attorney General and myself. The president offered his advice but the decision was made independently.

A trial only results in a sentence if there has actually been a criminal offense. It shouldn't be necessary to stress it but we can fully trust the court to do what has to be done. The Department of Justice doesn't base its decisions whether or not to prosecute someone on a person's popularity or ideology in the game but on thorough investigations.

A reminder to everyone: Do not clutter the threads containing the court cases. Discuss cases and trials elsewhere.

That's all for now. The rest will be settled in court.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2015, 05:30:08 AM »

Well this certainly isn't "lameduck" behavior...
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2015, 06:08:47 PM »

Thank you for clarifying things, Mr. President.

Mr. Griffin is a lost cause but I ask everyone else to calm down a little. The decision to prosecute Ogis was made jointly by the Deputy Attorney General and myself. The president offered his advice but the decision was made independently.

A trial only results in a sentence if there has actually been a criminal offense. It shouldn't be necessary to stress it but we can fully trust the court to do what has to be done. The Department of Justice doesn't base its decisions whether or not to prosecute someone on a person's popularity or ideology in the game but on thorough investigations.

A reminder to everyone: Do not clutter the threads containing the court cases. Discuss cases and trials elsewhere.

That's all for now. The rest will be settled in court.

LOL and blah blah blah, and none of this disproves the notion that you and the administration that hired you are both operating with blatant bias in terms of how you select your court cases and proceed to spam them on the FG board. You never answered the question:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You went after LeBron for a voting anomaly at the regional level that didn't affect the election's outcome and should have began in regional court. Why didn't you pursue a voting anomaly at the regional level that didn't affect the election's outcome and should have began in regional court with respect to sirnick? The answer must be that in one case, one was operating as a left-winger, while in the other, one was operating as a right-winger.

You are a hack that deserves to be on trial himself.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2015, 07:07:00 PM »

Why is the supreme court trying regional cases? Was the subject matter a constitutional question?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2015, 07:10:15 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2015, 07:12:31 PM by oakvale »

Why is the supreme court trying regional cases? Was the subject matter a constitutional question?

I was under the impression that the Midwestern judge's office was vacant. If that wasn't the case you're both correct that that should have been the first port of call.

e: Or maybe not. I've never been a regional judge - do they try offenses under federal law because it happened in a regional election? Unlike some legislation, the RCCJA doesn't distinguish between regional and federal elections.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2015, 07:13:10 PM »

I was under the impression that the Midwestern judge's office was vacant. If that wasn't the case you're both correct that that should have been the first port of call.

I was just curious. Everything is so tense around here I'm just trying to understand what all is going on!
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2015, 07:13:23 PM »

e: Or maybe not. I've never been a regional judge - do they try offenses under federal law because it happened in a regional election? Unlike some legislation, the RCCJA doesn't distinguish between regional and federal elections.

There is no Midwest CJO.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2015, 11:10:57 PM »

Yes, unfortunately the Midwest has not filled the vacancy of the Chief Judicial Officer. We are trying to work on that.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2015, 03:05:49 AM »

That's correct. The primary reason why Governor LeBron was tried by me was that he committed a crime against Atlasia. And even if this should have been a responsibility of a regional court the problem was that the position was vacant in the Midwest.

Mr. Griffin, do us all a favor and check the facts before spouting your angry nonsense next time.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2015, 03:18:15 AM »

That's correct. The primary reason why Governor LeBron was tried by me was that he committed a crime against Atlasia. And even if this should have been a responsibility of a regional court the problem was that the position was vacant in the Midwest.

Mr. Griffin, do us all a favor and check the facts before spouting your angry nonsense next time.

No
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2015, 02:05:31 PM »

There is no Midwest CJO.

Verin is the Midwest Justice. Why does nobody know this?
GAworth
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2015, 03:56:00 PM »

No, I reached out to Verin seeking legal advice and he said that he was no longer the CJO of the Midwest.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2015, 04:04:42 PM »

No, I reached out to Verin seeking legal advice and he said that he was no longer the CJO of the Midwest.

For some reason the Midwest has this odd law that says that CJO's have six month term limits or something of that nature.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2015, 04:47:11 PM »

There have been renewed calls on the office of the Attorney General to prosecute SirNick for having deleted various threads concerning Northeast Assembly affairs and his tenure as GM of Atlasia. While this behavior is clearly unacceptable, I must reiterate that there is no legal basis for the Department of Justice to take action against deregistered users; those who are no longer on the Atlasian voter rolls cannot be prosecuted.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2015, 05:47:49 PM »
« Edited: February 19, 2015, 05:52:50 PM by Game Moderator Kalwejt »

There have been renewed calls on the office of the Attorney General to prosecute SirNick for having deleted various threads concerning Northeast Assembly affairs and his tenure as GM of Atlasia. While this behavior is clearly unacceptable, I must reiterate that there is no legal basis for the Department of Justice to take action against deregistered users; those who are no longer on the Atlasian voter rolls cannot be prosecuted.

Well, actually he burned those...

Anyway, I can't adress your opinion in this matter, since I'm not a constitutionalist, but I think that putting a non-voting characters created by events should be an option. Hell, if a non-voter can "sue" the State Department (Roe v. Attorney General ZuWo) when "represented", why not?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2015, 10:12:50 AM »

We are delighted to report that the treasurer of Atlasia's Patriotic Militia has been arrested by FBI agents. Federal law enforcement authorities will continue to do everything in their power to apprehend everybody else who has been involved in the most recent wave of terrorism on Atlasian soil.

PMA Treasurer Arrested

(Pierre, SD) - Acting on a tip, the FBI agents arrested Norman Blythe, identified as the Patriotic Militia of Atlasia's treasurer and overall third-in-command. He was apprehended in a motel in rural South Dakota.

Blythe, a longtime friend of the group founder, Rowan Cotton (now incarcerated) and a fellow Alabama native, was among the PMA's founders. 

Authorities are still unable to identify remaining top two leaders.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies