SEC Football Question for Harry (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:16:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  SEC Football Question for Harry (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SEC Football Question for Harry  (Read 496 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: November 22, 2014, 12:53:28 PM »

Why do most of the SEC schools like to schedule a glorified scrimmage in late November?  I agree with Game Day that the committee should penalize the schools who do this.  It's one thing to schedule them in early September, but in November you're trying to build your postseason resume.  If they want a week off, they should just schedule a bona-fide bye week, not an FCS school.  Missouri and Mississippi State are doing it correctly by scheduling SEC schools this week.  But, schools like Alabama, Florida, South Carolina, Auburn, and Georgia all scheduled weak schools.  It doesn't make any sense.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 03:45:04 PM »

I think it's because they want to get rested up for their rivalry games the next weekend.

But I agree, we as a conference should cut out FCS games altogether. We already (correctly) feast on the Sun Belt and CUSA schools enough. And maybe we could mandate no OOC games in November.

I have no problem with an FCS school in the first couple weeks of September (especially a team like North Dakota State).  My beloved Oklahoma does that, but when conference games start in late September/early October, the FCS should be left to their own conference.  I applaud what Missouri, Miss State, and Ole Miss did by scheduling SEC opponents this week when the "big boys" scheduled cupcakes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies