The State Department
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:28:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The State Department
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The State Department  (Read 5366 times)
Potus
Potus2036

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 23, 2014, 10:36:35 AM »
« edited: January 01, 2015, 03:56:58 PM by Secretary of State Potus2036 »

DEPARTMENT OF INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS
OFFICE OF SECRETARY POTUS2036

Department of State
Department of Defense

Agency for International Development
National Security Agency
Central Intelligence Agency
Export-Import Bank of Atlasia
Peace Corps

Department Appointees
These individuals have been appointed to help manage the State Department.
-Deputy Secretary SJoyce
-Ambassador At-Large Cassius

NEWS UPDATES

POLICY DIRECTIVES

PRESS CONFERENCES

RECENT INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS LEGISLATION
Ukrainian Technical, Economical and Military Aid Act - SIGNED 8/5
Assistance for Iraq Act - DEBATING
War Powers Amendment - DEBATING

PREVIOUS SECRETARIES
10.2006 - 11.2006 - afleitch
12.2006 - 03.2007 - Speed of Sound
03.2007 - 06.2007 - Cosmo Kramer
07.2007 - 08.2007 - True Democrat
08.2007 - 09.2007 - Ernest
10.2007 - 02.2008 - Al
03.2008 - 09.2008 - MasterJedi
09.2008 - 10.2008 - Colin Wixted
10.2008 - 07.2009 - Hashemite
07.2009 - 03.2010 - HappyWarrior
03.2010 - 07.2010 - Hashemite
07.2010 - 11.2010 - Ben
11.2010 - 03.2011 - Hashemite
03.2011 - 05.2012 - Ben
05.2012 - 07.2012 - SJoyce
07.2012 - 08.2012 - Kalwejt
09.2012 - Cathcon
10.2012 - 12.2012 - Dr. Cynic
12.2012 - 02.2013 - SJoyce
03.2013 - Clarence
03.2013 - 07.2013 - Polnut
07.2013 - 09.2013 - Talleyrand
09.2013 - 10.2013 - Bacon King
10.2013 - 12.2013 - SJoyce
01.2014 - 07.2014 - Superique
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 04:11:54 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 04:37:34 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2014, 04:40:42 PM by Potus2036 »

Department of State

Per the President's announcement, the State Department is dedicating itself to dealing with the ongoing crisis in the Middle East. As a result, I will be meeting with the leaders in the region to develop a strong, regional coalition to combat the Islamic State.

There will be a large meeting with the leaders of Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Afghanistan, Turkey, the UAE, Kuwait, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Bahrain, and Israel. The larger meeting will be preceded by one-on-one meetings with each leader. The larger meeting will be called the Middle East Multilateral Working Group on the Islamic State(MEMWGIS).

Once Atlasian combat operations begin and MEMWGIS begins to implement a plan of action to confront the Islamic State, MEMWGIS will meet, at a minimum, once weekly to monitor progress and oversee operations.

(MEMWGIS is pronounced "mem" as in memory, "wig", "iss" as in hiss.)
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 04:53:09 PM »

Ambassador-At-Large Cassius has been dispatched to meet with our European allies, Japan, and India. I will meet with our allies around the globe after MEMWGIS is functioning and our allies have had a chance to organize their concerns, speak with their advisers, and gaining the consent of their legislatures.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 12:32:05 PM »

State Department Communique

To: President Lumine, Deputy Secretary Sjoyce, Ambassador Cassius, the Joint Chiefs

Gentlemen,
     The cats have been herded. There is a regional coalition in place to support our efforts in attacking the Islamic State. Somehow, some way we've got Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Iran sitting at a table together.

The only agenda in place is that I will deliver our plans for military action to them, we will discuss and guarantee a thorough understanding, and they will take it to their advisers to determine how they can best augment the plans. Following that discussion, we will meet once again.

Keep fighting the good fight, gentlemen.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 12:14:03 PM »

To: President Lumine, Secretary of State Potus2036, Deputy Secretary SJoyce

Salve,

I can confirm that my recent negotiations with our various partners across the world have resulted in some success. Quite unanimous was their support for some kind of action against the Islamic state, with air support being promised by the UK and France, in addition to promises of ground support from the Australian and Canadian governments in the event of a ground assault by Atlasian forces on ISIS. However, in the case of most of our partners, only 'moral support' was offered in the event of an invasion. Nonetheless, I believe this to constitute reasonably strong international support for military action against ISIS with Atlasia leading the way.

I will keep you all updated of further developments in this field.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 06:50:27 PM »

To: President Lumine, Deputy Secreatary SJoyce, Ambassador Cassius, MEMWGIS Chair

I have made a successful trip to Europe to discuss the logistics and specific commitments of willing ally nations. These commitments, I am recommending, ought to be at least doubled by Atlasia. I will send another communique on a secure line detailing the exact commitments.

I also sat with "morally supportive" but practically reluctant allies. I've successfully gathered several humanitarian commitments to aid in reconstruction and long-term development in Iraq.

The Coalition backing Atlasian efforts have been granted a seat on MEMWGIS.

Will keep posted on any updates.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 08:05:14 PM »

Communique

To: President Lumine, Deputy SJoyce, Ambassador Cassius, All MEMWGIS Members

There are a few things that we must go over. The situation in Iraq is requiring a faster, more robust response than any of us initially anticipated. The Atlasian Republic is calling on the members of MEMWGIS to form a multinational ground force. Preparations must be made immediately in order to merge the command and control structure of the different forces fighting the Islamic State.

Second order of business, I've sat down with the French Foreign Minister to discuss his objections once again. The compromise solution seems to be that France is under no obligation to participate in the war effort, however they have made a commitment to lead on humanitarian relief to those in Iraq and Syria.

France has also been given a direct seat on MEMWGIS. This is to recognize the role France will play in the after-action coalition.

That'll be all.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 11:08:38 PM »

State Department

The thoughts and prayers of every member of the Lumine Administration goes out to the families of those who lost their lives on that plane over Iraq.

The Secretary will be live on television shortly to make a statement.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 12:36:36 AM »

Good evening,
       As many of you know, a plane flying a humanitarian mission over Iraq was shot down earlier today. Those on board exhibited the greatest qualities we ask of conscious citizens of the world. When duty called and hope was threatened by evil's physical incarnation, they stepped up to give hope, to improve lives, and to fight for good. They are heroes, and though they were not Atlasians, they were patriots through and through. God rest their soul and allow their families to find peace and closure in this difficult time.

Such heinous acts of violence, acts of atrocity, must not go unanswered. The State Department, under my direction, has made several recommendations to the President. The President and I, after meeting for discussion of the recommendations, have agreed upon a practical set of solutions.

First, I will bring a resolution to the MEMWGIS to approve a new slate of intelligence gathering tools for use in the Middle East. These enhanced investigation tools will provide unhindered insight into communications all over the region and dramatically improve the pool of possibly actionable intelligence.

Second, with MEMWGIS members, we will adopt a strategy of surgical strikes on high value ISIS targets. These targets are pressure points within the organization. The strikes have the objective of degrading operational capacity in both Iraq and Syria. These strikes will take place on both sides of that border.

Third, Atlasia will lead an expanded missile campaign in Syria and Iraq. I will assemble MEMWGIS for an emergency meeting and bring the coalition on board with the strikes. The missile strikes will be conducted using every possible avenue of intelligence.

The President is currently considering a number of other options should the situation continue to deteriorate. We are not acting alone. The coalition will stand with us and we will stand with them. As I've said before, evil exists in this world and we have an opportunity to defeat this manifestation. Those are the stakes.

I will now take questions on the plan.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 06:52:51 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2014, 06:57:14 PM by Secretary of State Potus2036 »

Russian Response

The State Department has the following orders to make:

Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 04:07:44 PM »

The Crimea Compact
After weeks of tense negotiation, Secretary of State Potus2036 and Russian President Vladimir Putin have reached a final agreement on the issue of Ukraine. The Secretary thanked President Lumine for his support for the negotiations. "Together," the Secretary said, "we have created an agreement that strengthens peace and stability around the world."

The Crimea Compact consists of five parts. These parts have been agreed upon by both the Republic of Atlasia and the Russian Federation.

The Autonomous Region of Crimea
The people of Crimea will draft a constitution which will govern the newly formed Autonomous Region of Crimea(ARC). The ARC will be affiliated with the Russian Federation, though they will be self-governing. The constitution will determine the exact relationship of the ARC to the rest of the Russian Federation.

Russian Withdrawal and Development Aid
Russia will withdraw all troops in the Ukraine. The troop withdrawal will coincide with the formation of the Ukraine Development Fund(UDF), managed by a number of NATO nations. Russia will provide $50 billion to start the UDF. The mission of the UDF is to strengthen the economy of and tame corruption in Ukraine.

Renunciation of Russian Claims
The Russian Federation will renounce any and all claims in Eastern Europe. With this renunciation, Russia recognizes the finality of its European border. Recognition of this finality is a major bulwark for peace and stability in the region.

Guarantee Freeze and Support for Busheshr Plant
The policies enacted by the Atlasian State Department in State Directive #3 are, henceforth, annulled. The investment guarantees, designed to hedge demand for Russian energy, have been halted. Money being used to issue new guarantees will now be used to cover 30% of maintenance and upgrade costs at the Russian-sponsored Busheshr Nuclear Plant in Iran.

Ruble Trading Holiday
As Russia contends with severe economic distress, privately held Russian ruble in Atlasia is frozen for a period of 6 months. This trading holiday will allow Russia to take steps to address the issues facing their economy without having to contend with a global sell-off of ruble. The trading holiday will significantly slow the decline of the ruble's value.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 04:25:43 PM »

Excellent work!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 06:14:13 PM »

Welcome back!
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 06:15:29 PM »

I've been simulating negotiations with Cynic, who had a LOA. When he returned, we finished the deal.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 06:32:25 PM »

I've been simulating negotiations with Cynic, who had a LOA. When he returned, we finished the deal.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2015, 08:09:16 PM »

Appeasement we can believe in!
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2015, 08:21:29 PM »

It's not appeasement. We got much, much more out of this deal. You and I both know Russia didn't want to stop at Crimea. We haven't caved on their actual purpose. In fact, we crushed the ultimate goal of more expansion into Europe. We've successfully stopped Russian expansion. Hardly appeasement.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2015, 09:21:16 PM »

I know for a fact Riley has been deeply involved in the negotiations with the GM Moderator and President Putin for the past weeks, and I congratulate him on such a fantastic job that puts emphasis on what's realistic in foreign policy.

The truth is that Atlasia was slow and ineffective to act when Russia moved against Crimea (I don't recall DemPGH actually bothering to do much despite Nix's efforts, for example), so with the time that has passed and within the current context this is a fantastic deal.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2015, 09:48:23 PM »

Nice work - it's nice to see foreign policy developments, something that often lacks in Atlasia.
Maistre
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2015, 11:34:48 PM »

We're just giving Crimea to the Ruskies? I have to say that I think Plan B is much better:

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2015, 07:29:35 PM »

Giving the Russians the Crimea is a very bad idea and the West will regret it. It belongs to the Ukriane and no one else.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2015, 05:55:42 PM »

It is true that when I came back after Christmas, the negotiations resumed. I can't speak for what he does apart from that, but he is factually correct that we were involved in the negotiations.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2015, 01:07:49 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2015, 01:21:41 PM by MATTROSE94 »

I'm not saying that I disagree with the diplomatic efforts, but I do feel that we shouldn't have recognized Russia's illegal annexation of Crimea. Instead, the State department of Atlasia should have placed crippling sanctions on Russia (particularly on its military and financial sector), begin a build-up of Atlasia military forces in Europe and actively push for covert regime change in Russia.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2015, 10:47:22 AM »

I am looking for work as a Aide.....
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies