Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:56:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby  (Read 3330 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 05:50:35 PM »

Adultery is legal.  Rape is a horrible criminal act.  There's no way to say they're in any way morally equivalent.  

There have been a string of accusations about sexual assault or abuse from Clinton dating back to his student days (one "incident" in Oxford, one in Yale) and onwards. So there are clear similarities between the Cosby and Clinton sexual abuse narratives.

http://www.mofopolitics.com/2013/09/27/bill-clinton-a-long-history-of-alleged-rape-and-sexual-assault/

This is the front page of "mofopolitics.com" right now:

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 05:54:35 PM »

Adultery is legal.  Rape is a horrible criminal act.  There's no way to say they're in any way morally equivalent.  

There have been a string of accusations about sexual assault or abuse from Clinton dating back to his student days (one "incident" in Oxford, one in Yale) and onwards. So there are clear similarities between the Cosby and Clinton sexual abuse narratives.

http://www.mofopolitics.com/2013/09/27/bill-clinton-a-long-history-of-alleged-rape-and-sexual-assault/

I hate to agree with Beet, but mofopolitics is basically a terrible resource and you should feel bad for using it.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 06:03:36 PM »

I hate to agree with Beet, but mofopolitics is basically a terrible resource and you should feel bad for using it.

The source is pretty irrelevant in this context, my point is there exists a similar narrative about Clinton (as serial abuser). It has been published before in other contexts.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 06:33:59 PM »

So were comparing someone who's accused of drugging and raping several women to a married man having a consensual affair with another women? Unless Clinton drugged and raped women then there's nothing to it.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 07:02:15 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's true, I just thought the graphic was too ironic not to post. The site is obviously run by an active misogynist. The number of ironies in this are piled pretty high.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2014, 07:36:44 PM »

So were comparing someone who's accused of drugging and raping several women to a married man having a consensual affair with another women? Unless Clinton drugged and raped women then there's nothing to it.

As we've pointed out Juanita Broaddrick case meets the technical definition of Rape.

As for drugs, Bill didn't need any, he was rather good-looking, and the women he slept with (including Hillary) fell for that (and some of them, like Monica, might of known about Bill's history anyways) rather than any sort of drugs.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2014, 08:08:11 PM »

As we've pointed out Juanita Broaddrick case meets the technical definition of Rape.

As for drugs, Bill didn't need any, he was rather good-looking, and the women he slept with (including Hillary) fell for that (and some of them, like Monica, might of known about Bill's history anyways) rather than any sort of drugs.

And if you think Monica was attracted to Bill Clinton for his looks, imagine how much more she was after he told her he was also President of the United States.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2014, 08:38:12 PM »

And if you think Monica was attracted to Bill Clinton for his looks, imagine how much more she was after he told her he was also President of the United States.

Precisely.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2014, 08:00:49 AM »

You seem convinced that Bill Clinton, beyond the shadow of a doubt, raped Juanita Broaddrick--who couldn't seem to even remember what year the alleged assault took place, and attended a Clinton fundraiser years later.

I'm not saying the possibility that it happened is zero, but come on.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2014, 09:12:42 AM »

Are we seriously imagining a world where a White House intern had to be told who the President of the United States was? Jesus Christ.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2014, 09:46:16 AM »

Are we seriously imagining a world where a White House intern had to be told who the President of the United States was? Jesus Christ.

I think you missed the sarcasm font.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2014, 06:02:16 PM »

I think you missed the sarcasm font.

There's a sarcasm font?
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2014, 10:41:07 PM »

1.  Hillary Clinton isn't culpable for her husband cheating on her. 

2.  Adultery is legal.  Rape is a horrible criminal act.  There's no way to say they're in any way morally equivalent. 

That said, people are going to make these dumb arguments because we're going to hear every anti-Hillary argument from Vince Foster to Whitewater to Benghazi.  And as a Hillary supporter, all I have to say is that if Republicans had good anti-Hillary arguments they wouldn't need to attack her for being cheated on. 
I think part of Hillary's popularity is her association with the most popular living US President. So if something hurts him, it hurts her. And it can lead to uncomfortable questions for her.

The main problem isn't adultery. Concerns about power dynamics are more mainstream. There are different sexual harrassment policies. One question would be if Bill Clinton has ever done anything that could be construed as sexual assault by the most liberal definition of the term? Could it have happened more than once to more than one woman?

Laura Bush killed somebody. There were plenty of concerns about George W. Bush going into the 2000 election. Was that one of them?
There are several differences. Laura Bush was a teenager when she killed someone in an accident. She hadn't even met George Bush then.

It also helps Hillary that Bill Clinton is so popular, the most admired President of the last 25 years.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2014, 04:40:36 PM »

Juanita Broaddrick's main issue was that she had sworn an affidavit that Clinton had not assaulted her before she gave her interviews. I am not passing judgment on what really happened, but I don't know how you explain that.

Easy. Bill/Hillary paid her off.

Well, I mean, I don't know how Juanita explains it. She hasn't said "I swore this affadavit because the Clintons paid me," has she?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2014, 01:46:08 PM »

You seem convinced that Bill Clinton, beyond the shadow of a doubt, raped Juanita Broaddrick--who couldn't seem to even remember what year the alleged assault took place, and attended a Clinton fundraiser years later.

I'm not saying the possibility that it happened is zero, but come on.

It's a technical definition. It probably wouldn't have held up in an Arkansas courtroom.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2014, 01:47:56 PM »

The average American in the 1990's was an idiot, so yes I can imagine that scenario.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies