12-year-old Shot Dead by Police
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:36:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  12-year-old Shot Dead by Police
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: 12-year-old Shot Dead by Police  (Read 16100 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2014, 03:39:55 PM »

Do you literally think that all cops are the same person?   Two people responding differently to two different situations does not constitute a "double standard."
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2014, 04:35:29 PM »

Yes, I see twelve year old children with toy guns as innocent. Because I'm not a sociopathic fascist.

You keep repeating that these monsters are "trained" to do such a thing. I don't care that he's trained to murder children. That doesn't make him any less guilty of murdering children.

But the 911 call didn't say "12 year old child with a toy" it said, "We have a black man waving a gun".

No, the 911 caller literally said the gun was "probably fake."

I know, but you still can't task the risk.

CLEVELAND (AP) — The U.S. Justice Department and Cleveland reached an agreement Thursday to overhaul the city's police department after federal investigators concluded that officers use excessive and unnecessary force far too often and have endangered the public and their fellow officers with their recklessness.

http://news.yahoo.com/holder-issue-details-cleveland-police-probe-162038015.html

Ahem........Michael?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2014, 12:46:41 AM »

Yes, I see twelve year old children with toy guns as innocent. Because I'm not a sociopathic fascist.

You keep repeating that these monsters are "trained" to do such a thing. I don't care that he's trained to murder children. That doesn't make him any less guilty of murdering children.

But the 911 call didn't say "12 year old child with a toy" it said, "We have a black man waving a gun".

CLEVELAND (AP) — The U.S. Justice Department and Cleveland reached an agreement Thursday to overhaul the city's police department after federal investigators concluded that officers use excessive and unnecessary force far too often and have endangered the public and their fellow officers with their recklessness.

http://news.yahoo.com/holder-issue-details-cleveland-police-probe-162038015.html

Ahem........Michael?

I don't control those decisions, silly. LOL
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2014, 01:32:39 AM »

Ahem........Michael?

But if you did, you would literally not change a single thing?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2014, 01:51:57 AM »

Ahem........Michael?

But if you did, you would literally not change a single thing?

Ehhh it does seem to be getting a little outta hand. Too militarized for my liking, but that's just me.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2014, 10:01:02 AM »

This 12 year old prompted 911 calls and was out at night with a realistic looking toy gun. The cop described him after the shooting as "roughly 20 years old". I said on here a few days ago, "I BET YOU the kid looks way older than 12." I'm telling ya, despite the unfortunate-ness of the situation, I still think our legal system doesn't justify punishing the officer.

This quote does not justify the opinion you're taking. You say you have no sympathy for Michael Brown because he had just committed a felony. Repulsive, but OK, I accept it.

But then you say police acted properly because Tamir Rice committed the crime of playing with a toy and looking older than he was. What the hell is wrong with you?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2015, 05:14:25 AM »

And the prosecution experts are saying this was justified. I have no idea how any sane person can say this was justified. There are certainly going to be some serious protests.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2015/10/tamir_rice_shooting_was_tragic.html

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2015, 01:37:00 PM »

And the prosecution experts are saying this was justified. I have no idea how any sane person can say this was justified. There are certainly going to be some serious protests.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2015/10/tamir_rice_shooting_was_tragic.html

The State (the prosecution) can pony up whatever amounts are needed to produce "experts" to justify almost anything.  Ugh.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2015, 01:53:53 PM »

The State (the prosecution) can pony up whatever amounts are needed to produce "experts" to justify almost anything.  Ugh.

Cops have a tough job to do especially in the current environment but I have to agree with you a nation where two armed police in a police cruiser in an open area take all of 2 seconds to gun down an unarmed 12 year old isn't free.

The cops could have stopped at a distance and used the engine block as a shield and had the boy lay down on the ground.

Contrast that cowboy's behavior with Patrolman David Muniz who took a bullet and inexplicably didn't gun down the man who shot him.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-cleveland-police-body-camera-20151008-story.html

Damn, Muniz.  You are better than 99% of the people out there and really the job description does not require you to just talk it out while you are being actively shot.  I support Black Lives Matter 100% but please cops don't let people just gun you down.  Being alive and put through a painful investigation and being villainized in the press is better than being dead.
IronFist
Rookie
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2015, 07:36:33 PM »

It's not like it's something unusual. Shootings like that happen almost every week and I don't even find them strange anymore.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies