12-year-old Shot Dead by Police
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:27:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  12-year-old Shot Dead by Police
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: 12-year-old Shot Dead by Police  (Read 16015 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2014, 03:36:30 PM »

That video is insane. The car sped off the road, the policeman jumped out of the car door, and immediately gunned the kid down. WTF. There is absolutely no excuse here. Any danger the cop felt was danger he intentionally put himself in. WTF
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2014, 03:43:37 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2014, 03:45:15 PM by Lief »

Yes, I see twelve year old children with toy guns as innocent. Because I'm not a sociopathic fascist.

You keep repeating that these monsters are "trained" to do such a thing. I don't care that he's trained to murder children. That doesn't make him any less guilty of murdering children.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2014, 03:46:10 PM »

You keep repeating that these monsters are "trained" to do such a thing. I don't care that he's trained to murder children. That doesn't make him any less guilty of murdering children.

This.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2014, 03:51:11 PM »

Just like cops are trained to say "Stop Resisting" when the guy is only wretching from having his insides turned into oatmeal by a baton or a foot. 
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2014, 04:02:58 PM »

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/11/cleveland_police_officer_shot_1.html

Video was just released. It shows the 12 year old approaching the front of the police car.

That alone would be justifiable cause. 911 call of a guy waving a gun, cops pull up, suspect with gun approaches.

Can't even see what the guy was holding, if anything, in that video.  What I can see is a police car driving off road for no apparent reason other than to make an intimidating charge at the suspect under circumstances in which there was absolutely no apparent reason for them to do so.

Getting a call that their is a guy waving a gun around is a pretty damn serious call.

I believe the caller said that the gun was probably fake. This country is so backwards in several areas.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2014, 04:09:27 PM »

Yes, I see twelve year old children with toy guns as innocent. Because I'm not a sociopathic fascist.

But the 911 call didn't say "12 year old child with a toy" it said, "We have a black man waving a gun".

No, the 911 caller literally said the gun was "probably fake."
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2014, 04:14:21 PM »

https://medium.com/the-nib/maybe-lets-stop-killing-black-kids-b765a96c7cdf
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2014, 04:20:05 PM »

If you want someone dead, who needs to hire hitmen in 2014 when all you have to do is call the police and say you might have seen them possibly with a gun?
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2014, 04:25:30 PM »

Criminals On Payroll
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2014, 04:36:04 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2014, 04:37:46 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

But the 911 call didn't say "12 year old child with a toy" it said, "We have a black man waving a gun".

No, the 911 caller literally said the gun was "probably fake."

I know, but you still can't task the risk.

Why the ever-loving Christ not? Over an indeterminable but almost certainly very low number of people conceivably, but very probably not, getting killed, do you really prefer a twelve-year-old boy definitely getting killed?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2014, 05:22:27 PM »

Has it been addressed in this thread that the 911 dispatcher asked the caller twice whether this 12 year old was black or white?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2014, 05:32:34 PM »

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/11/cleveland_police_officer_shot_1.html

Video was just released. It shows the 12 year old approaching the front of the police car.

That alone would be justifiable cause. 911 call of a guy waving a gun, cops pull up, suspect with gun approaches.

Can't even see what the guy was holding, if anything, in that video.  What I can see is a police car driving off road for no apparent reason other than to make an intimidating charge at the suspect under circumstances in which there was absolutely no apparent reason for them to do so.

I would guess they wanted to get close to him to keep him from running off. 

The story is that the cops were not told that the caller said this was probably a toy gun.  If true that leads to a whole other set of questions about law enforcement communication.  This video doesn't settle anything by itself.  One can't tell if the officer had a reasonable fear for his life given what he did or did not know and what he saw or didn't see as he came out of the car.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2014, 06:30:22 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt6kKhlX8vU
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2014, 09:11:32 PM »

Getting a call that their is a guy waving a gun around is a pretty damn serious call.

Which is precisely why they should not have been charging in there without a clue.  If that kid had had a real gun and had been intending to use it, their "tactics" would have increased the danger to themselves and to bystanders.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2014, 09:31:14 PM »

Which is precisely why they should not have been charging in there without a clue.  If that kid had had a real gun and had been intending to use it, their "tactics" would have increased the danger to themselves and to bystanders.

Yeah, that video is disturbing. The freaking glorification of guns put the kid in this situation, but cops seemed to recklessly charge in their like the 7th cavalry. Ugh, a nation of cowboys and gangsters forevermore.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2014, 09:38:56 PM »

The police officer murdered the kid right after he got out of the car. He needs to go to jail for a long, long time.

You have to be a pretty sick sociopath to watch that clip and think the cop was in any way justified in committing murder.

You can hear the kid scream out in pain. Just ridiculous.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2014, 10:29:32 PM »

Seriously, the defective robot from RoboCop waited longer to open fire than this guy.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2014, 03:17:36 AM »
« Edited: November 27, 2014, 03:20:07 AM by Beezer »

I know, but you still can't task the risk.

As a police officer it is your job to take that risk. If you don't want to take it, you should have chosen another profession. These days though it appears to be perfectly acceptable for cops to just say that they were scared so they had no choice but to mow down an innocent kid.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2014, 03:56:43 AM »

That video is insane. The car sped off the road, the policeman jumped out of the car door, and immediately gunned the kid down. WTF. There is absolutely no excuse here. Any danger the cop felt was danger he intentionally put himself in. WTF

He was trained to do such a thing.

Right, Reaganfan, you put the finger on the real issue. Policemen are very badly trained.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2014, 05:42:14 AM »

"The caller told the 911 dispatcher that the gun was "probably fake," then added, "I don't know if it's real or not."

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2014, 11:17:41 AM »

What? That was a cold blooded killing. I mean... what? Just straight up, execution style.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2014, 12:03:00 PM »

Naso did pretty brilliant piece of trolling there by actually posting the video himself and getting everyone riled up. Bravo, Mike.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2014, 02:19:27 PM »

1. Toy guns should be so obviously toys that there could be no confusion. People have committed armed robberies with toy guns.

2. Parents should never buy toy guns that resemble real guns as toys for children.

3. Children should know enough to drop even toy guns in the presence of police.   
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2014, 02:31:52 PM »

If those cops were following standard training and protocols then I would move out of that city.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2014, 02:35:23 PM »

3. Children should know enough to drop even toy guns in the presence of police.   

Unfortunately, before this child realized he was in the presence of police, they had murdered him already.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies