12-year-old Shot Dead by Police (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:26:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  12-year-old Shot Dead by Police (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 12-year-old Shot Dead by Police  (Read 16189 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: November 23, 2014, 03:03:42 PM »
« edited: November 23, 2014, 03:08:00 PM by politicallefty »

Link.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't see how anyone cannot see the reality that the police in this country are enemies of the people and seem to believe they have a license to kill. I've always been opposed to the death penalty, but the continued homicidal police forces in this country are really starting to make me think otherwise.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 10:58:32 AM »

I chose brevity in my initial post because I didn't really know what else to say. There aren't too many news stories that evoke such disgust and revulsion in me like these do. This is just about at the top.

I thought I couldn't be more angry about this, but the video makes it so much worse. On top of that, it was four minutes before first aid was given:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I have no doubt in my mind that this was murder. There was a clear intent to kill and a complete disregard for human life, the life of a child no less. There are no excuses in this case. I think I was probably wrong to reconsider my stance on the death penalty. The penalty for this crime should be life in prison. I cannot imagine a pleasant experience in prison for a police officer that gunned down a child.

I can see just based on comments here that things seems to have changed dramatically with release of the video. To those that still excuse the police action in this instance, you truly disgust me to no end. As far as I'm concerned, you are condoning child murder. Ultimately, a 12-year-old child is dead because a police officer wanted him dead. That is the reality and what really matters. Failure to get justice here would be one of the most damnable indictments on the justice system I can imagine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies