Opinion of dead0man
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:40:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of dead0man
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 92

Author Topic: Opinion of dead0man  (Read 2978 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 23, 2014, 11:02:08 PM »

Clearly an HP - his two pet causes on this forum are unquestioning, indignant apologism for Israel and unquestioning, indignant apologism for Bushie.

Why he cares so much about a country he's probably never even been to and a lazy fat f#$% he's probably never met and who certainly doesn't deserve his sympathy or advocacy is beyond me.

His sig is also rather pathetic and probably attempting to compensate for other deficiencies.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 11:21:59 PM »

Degenerate fascist scum.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 12:01:16 AM »

Haha, a 12 year old was shot to death!  LOL
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 12:03:25 AM »

Some unfortunate qualities, but generally an FF:

unquestioning, indignant apologism for Israel

Practically always, when someone is declared to be an "apologist" for a democratic society fighting extremism and terrorism, you can tell that they are FF (and usually something about the accuser).
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 12:11:54 AM »

I like him even though we frequently disagree. He explains his positions better than most posters.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 12:18:47 AM »

One of the biggest FFs on the forum!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 12:21:49 AM »

I probably would've voted FF a week ago, but his post in that shooting thread was disgusting and the obsession with Bushie is getting old (particularly when placed in context with the former). He should go back to being an FF on Israel.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 12:27:37 AM »

Practically always, when someone is declared to be an "apologist" for a democratic society fighting extremism and terrorism, you can tell that they are FF (and usually something about the accuser).

Yes, because democratic societies ban people from working in certain towns based on ethnicity/religion all the time. At least blacks in the Jim Crow South were allowed there as long as they didn't tarry after dark; Ashkelon prefers to be rid of the goyim during the daylight hours as well!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 12:30:17 AM »

Settler-colonialism is inherently undemocratic.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 12:59:04 AM »

Douche.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 01:14:20 AM »
« Edited: November 24, 2014, 01:16:24 AM by MalaspinaGold »

Yes, because democratic societies ban people from working in certain towns based on ethnicity/religion all the time. At least blacks in the Jim Crow South were allowed there as long as they didn't tarry after dark; Ashkelon prefers to be rid of the goyim during the daylight hours as well!
FTR, that was overturned by the Interior Ministry, which (if I remember correctly) is still headed by Gilad Erdan, the most right wing Likud Minister in the security cabinet.

A better example might be the current Nation State Bill (the Elkin-Levin-Shaked variation). On the other hand, that bill will go down in flames on Wednesday, and quite possibly bring down the government with it.

This of course doesn't change the fact that dead0man is a fool, especially on Israel topics. Almost as bad as Snowstalker. HP, and creepy.

Edit: here's the article for completeness sake:
http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/.premium-1.627700
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 01:31:25 AM »

FF, despite disagreements.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 01:40:28 AM »

I like him personally.  I find his opinions well-articulated but often highly disagreeable with my fundamental values.  I voted FF.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 02:31:37 AM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 02:39:11 AM »

I probably would've voted FF a week ago, but his post in that shooting thread was disgusting and the obsession with Bushie is getting old (particularly when placed in context with the former). He should go back to being an FF on Israel.

It would seem dead0man is much less obsessed with Bushie than are the people he is criticizing.  Saying "it's not bullying because you can be insensitive too" isn't a good argument.     
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 02:41:25 AM »

Antagonistic.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 03:03:24 AM »

It would seem dead0man is much less obsessed with Bushie than are the people he is criticizing.  Saying "it's not bullying because you can be insensitive too" isn't a good argument.     

- A 12 year old boy getting shot to death due to a misunderstanding
- A man in his 30s getting fun poked at him by some random people on an internet forum

Now, which of these deserves a dismissive and uncaring response, and which of these deserves dozens of posts crusading against it? I'm pretty sure 99.9999999% of people could answer this fairly easily.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2014, 03:25:34 AM »

- A man in his 30s getting fun poked at him by some random people on an internet forum

Now, which of these deserves a dismissive and uncaring response, and which of these deserves dozens of posts crusading against it? I'm pretty sure 99.9999999% of people could answer this fairly easily.

I don't actually have a problem with Update myself, but the obvious retort to that comparison is that the chances of that 12 year old boy's family or friends ever reading anything posted on this forum are infinitessimally small, and the boy being shot is something that has already happened, cannot be undone, and doesn't really have anything to do with the Atlas forum, except for the fact that it's been commented on here.  Thus, while I agree that dead0's comment was in bad taste, and I don't like it, the fact that he made it has no material effect on anyone involved in the shooting.

In contrast, Update is an ongoing phenomenon that is happening here on Atlas, and everyone involved in it reads posts on this forum.  So if he honestly thinks Update is problematic, then I don't have a problem with him making a big deal out of it.  I just don't agree that it's problematic.  (Or rather, I leave it up to Bushie to decide on his own what's helpful or hurtful, and respond accordingly by discontinuing his posts in the Update thread and de-friending the relevant people from FB if he really thinks he's being harmed by it.)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2014, 03:28:34 AM »

Clearly an HP - his two pet causes on this forum are unquestioning, indignant apologism for Israel and unquestioning, indignant apologism for Bushie.

Why he cares so much about a country he's probably never even been to and a lazy fat f#$% he's probably never met and who certainly doesn't deserve his sympathy or advocacy is beyond me.

His sig is also rather pathetic and probably attempting to compensate for other deficiencies.
pet issues Roll Eyes  I don't even remember the last time I posted about Israel and I'd bet dollars to donuts that you've posted about* Bushie a hundred times for every one of my posts on the subject.  My sig is what's called a joke.  Perhaps you could look that word up.  I've never owned a gun that wasn't powered by air or a spring.  Yes, I probably should have ignored the dumb dead kid thread like the people wringing their hands in that thread do about the other 99.999999% of dead 12 year olds, most of which I might add died under much more tragic conditions.

You've got anger issues kid, perhaps you should seek mental health help before you try and be a bully in real life, your anger might lead you to get yourself hurt.

*and by "posted about" I mean stand around with the other bullies, pointing and laughing.  I honestly can't fathom how you people can't see what you're doing.  Sure, most of you are assholes all the time, but some of you aren't.  I guess it feels good to wear the shoes of the bully instead of the bullied.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2014, 03:44:45 AM »

I don't actually have a problem with Update myself, but the obvious retort to that comparison is that the chances of that 12 year old boy's family or friends ever reading anything posted on this forum are infinitessimally small, and the boy being shot is something that has already happened, cannot be undone, and doesn't really have anything to do with the Atlas forum, except for the fact that it's been commented on here.  Thus, while I agree that dead0's comment was in bad taste, and I don't like it, the fact that he made it has no material effect on anyone involved in the shooting.

In contrast, Update is an ongoing phenomenon that is happening here on Atlas, and everyone involved in it reads posts on this forum.  So if he honestly thinks Update is problematic, then I don't have a problem with him making a big deal out of it.  I just don't agree that it's problematic.  (Or rather, I leave it up to Bushie to decide on his own what's helpful or hurtful, and respond accordingly by discontinuing his posts in the Update thread and de-friending the relevant people from FB if he really thinks he's being harmed by it.)

Yeah, I totally agree with you on the latter. Obviously Bushie likes the attention and/or really does think the advice he gets is valuable (even though he never takes it), otherwise he would've stopped long ago.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 03:47:22 AM »

I find his views to generally be quite naive (good guys/bad guys) and one-sided but likely the result of honest convictions.

Voted HP because of the comments in the most recent American police shooting thread (we should start numbering them), but he's not really. We've always gotten along despite differences.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 03:54:05 AM »

I find his views to generally be quite naive (good guys/bad guys) and one-sided but likely the result of honest convictions.

Voted HP because of the comments in the most recent American police shooting thread (we should start numbering them), but he's not really. We've always gotten along despite differences.

I can subscribe to this.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 04:08:02 AM »

Yes, I probably should have ignored the dumb dead kid thread like the people wringing their hands in that thread do about the other 99.999999% of dead 12 year olds, most of which I might add died under much more tragic conditions.

I guess that's as close to an apology as we're likely to see.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 04:22:48 AM »

I never apologize. I'm sorry, that's just the way I was raised.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 06:11:30 AM »

Ha.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to: