Opinion of dead0man (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:31:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of dead0man (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 92

Author Topic: Opinion of dead0man  (Read 3051 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: November 24, 2014, 12:21:49 AM »

I probably would've voted FF a week ago, but his post in that shooting thread was disgusting and the obsession with Bushie is getting old (particularly when placed in context with the former). He should go back to being an FF on Israel.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 03:03:24 AM »

I probably would've voted FF a week ago, but his post in that shooting thread was disgusting and the obsession with Bushie is getting old (particularly when placed in context with the former). He should go back to being an FF on Israel.

It would seem dead0man is much less obsessed with Bushie than are the people he is criticizing.  Saying "it's not bullying because you can be insensitive too" isn't a good argument.     

- A 12 year old boy getting shot to death due to a misunderstanding
- A man in his 30s getting fun poked at him by some random people on an internet forum

Now, which of these deserves a dismissive and uncaring response, and which of these deserves dozens of posts crusading against it? I'm pretty sure 99.9999999% of people could answer this fairly easily.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 03:44:45 AM »

It would seem dead0man is much less obsessed with Bushie than are the people he is criticizing.  Saying "it's not bullying because you can be insensitive too" isn't a good argument.     

- A 12 year old boy getting shot to death due to a misunderstanding
- A man in his 30s getting fun poked at him by some random people on an internet forum

Now, which of these deserves a dismissive and uncaring response, and which of these deserves dozens of posts crusading against it? I'm pretty sure 99.9999999% of people could answer this fairly easily.

I don't actually have a problem with Update myself, but the obvious retort to that comparison is that the chances of that 12 year old boy's family or friends ever reading anything posted on this forum are infinitessimally small, and the boy being shot is something that has already happened, cannot be undone, and doesn't really have anything to do with the Atlas forum, except for the fact that it's been commented on here.  Thus, while I agree that dead0's comment was in bad taste, and I don't like it, the fact that he made it has no material effect on anyone involved in the shooting.

In contrast, Update is an ongoing phenomenon that is happening here on Atlas, and everyone involved in it reads posts on this forum.  So if he honestly thinks Update is problematic, then I don't have a problem with him making a big deal out of it.  I just don't agree that it's problematic.  (Or rather, I leave it up to Bushie to decide on his own what's helpful or hurtful, and respond accordingly by discontinuing his posts in the Update thread and de-friending the relevant people from FB if he really thinks he's being harmed by it.)

Yeah, I totally agree with you on the latter. Obviously Bushie likes the attention and/or really does think the advice he gets is valuable (even though he never takes it), otherwise he would've stopped long ago.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies