Do you consume any Barstool content?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:55:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you consume any Barstool content?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Do you consume any Barstool content?  (Read 345 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 31, 2023, 06:43:20 PM »

Would be interesting to see how many people on Atlas have seen the Barstool.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 11:07:54 PM »

I certainly have over the years. I started as an every episode Pardon My Take listener, but 3 episodes per week approaching 2 hours long each was too much to keep up with. So I’ll listen to an episode here or there but pretty infrequently.

I was also a little religious Red Like Radio and Dogwalk listener. But the Barstool Chicago group has fractured with Carl leaving to cover baseball. Now that they aren’t really covering Chicago sports anymore, I’m pretty much out.

I’ve consumed other content here and there, but it’s definitely died off recently. I think they’ve over expanded (it’s hard to blame them with all of the money they came into. But I think they’ve lost some of their common man appeal. Now they are just another media company. Plus you have Portnoy who has funny moments but has his problematic nature and has gotten just a bit too big to be really interesting.

Moving forward I’ll still listen here and there. But I’m definitely over my fanboy phase. But as much as I have changed, I think they have become less interesting as well.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 02:53:27 AM »

I liked Mark Titus's podcast when he was with Fox, but I've never touched his Barstool offering and don't intend to. There are plenty of other ways for me to consume college basketball opinions while I'm on the treadmill without having to support that. Similarly I enjoyed PFTCommenter and trillballins before they became Barstool personalities but haven't consumed anything they've put out since.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies