I went to church in a suburb today (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:16:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I went to church in a suburb today (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I went to church in a suburb today  (Read 3277 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: September 16, 2018, 04:50:20 PM »

So I went there again today. I have to say I'm quite happy that I did because despite being technically in a suburb this service was TOTAL SJW to the max. The sermon series for Advent is about reconciliation, and the speaker (who was actually the band leader) opted to talk about reconciliation in race, and talked about Michael Brown and the protests, brought up the CIA memos about torture and how people might try to justify such violence because of violence against us in 9/11 and at one point said "There are five things about me that give me great privilege: One is that I'm male, two is that I'm white, three is that I'm straight, fourth is that I'm American and fifth is that I'm Christian" and that most of those probably applied to most of us in the all white room. Remember when I brought up church sermons that resemble Upworthy videos? This was like PURE Upworthy and if I recorded it it could probably easily end up on there. "What This Worship Band Leader Has To Say May Be Hard To Hear For Those With Privilege, And That's Why You Need To"

Dammit if only Bushie would go to a place like this. Alas they probably don't exist in Oklahoma. Sad

Also in an odd mix, I bet all of DC Al Fine, Simfan and Nathan would be utterly horrified.

Wow! He recognized his privilege!!!

It might be more meaningful to have a racially integrated Church than to have white people discuss racial issues.

I disagree that most white Americans are privileged. Just because minorities are mistreated doesn’t mean that all white people have a white privilege card to play. Similarly, I don’t think straight people get special advantages. I think gay people get some disadvantages in some areas, not that straight couples are treated better than they should be.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies