Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:53:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night)  (Read 48406 times)
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« on: November 24, 2014, 10:53:02 PM »

Reminder that black people are seen as monsters by the majority of whites and any force against them will always be seen as justified.
True. Don't you think there's a reason for that?

Ugh.  Your avatar is so embarrassing to every other board Republican.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 11:23:30 PM »

At this point, the best response is just kill ALL of the white/Caucasian people in the US.

Full disclosure; I am White/Caucasian
Stop. Trying to be the guilty white liberal is not funny here
At this point, the best response is just kill ALL of the white/Caucasian people in the US.

Full disclosure; I am White/Caucasian

uh

I was being serious actually, at this point, that might be the only way our racial problems actually get solved.

By murdering an entire race?  Right.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 03:17:22 PM »

Well, seems like this has once against completely broken down along party and/or ideological lines, furthering my assumption that at the heart of American conservatism is something very, very bad. 

Strange, because I remember that a lot of conservatives I know (including my parents) thought that Zimmerman was guilty.  I'm sure it's the same with this.  As soon as I heard the report I thought that Wilson shouldn't have shot the teenager.  And I'm very conservative.

You're the exception and not the rule then.  

Stay close minded if you wish, but there have been several blue avatars condemning the police on here ... Similarly, there have been several red avatars condemning the looters (as would be expected).
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 04:18:18 PM »

Well, seems like this has once against completely broken down along party and/or ideological lines, furthering my assumption that at the heart of American conservatism is something very, very bad. 

Strange, because I remember that a lot of conservatives I know (including my parents) thought that Zimmerman was guilty.  I'm sure it's the same with this.  As soon as I heard the report I thought that Wilson shouldn't have shot the teenager.  And I'm very conservative.

You're the exception and not the rule then.  

Stay close minded if you wish, but there have been several blue avatars condemning the police on here ... Similarly, there have been several red avatars condemning the looters (as would be expected).

Yeah, some of our liberal posters are pretty awful like that.

Sorry, but as much as I disagree with the decision, it does not give angry protestors the right to steal and damage local small business owners' property, especially when so many people in the crowds were shown to be from other areas and those local small business owners did not ask for any of this.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 08:50:17 PM »

Well at least we gave Naso's side a good whupping in the Civil War.

Would you say we spanked 'em?

Because everyone in the CSA was a political conservative and everyone in the North was a political liberal.  God, I swear you guys are all like 19 and have only taken a basic high school American history class when it comes to the Civil War.  You all sound really ignorant equating the Union with liberalism, it's the most laughably hackish thing I see here.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 12:20:33 PM »

It's not inherently "right wing" or "conservative" to support an overactive and militarized police state.  Our board lefties simply use the following logic:

A) I am a liberal
--> B) My views are mostly liberal.
--> C) Things I like are therefore liberal.
--> D) Things in opposition to my beliefs (slavery in the 1800s, segregation in the 1900s, racist cops in the 2000s) are therefore conservative!!

It's a hilariously lazy and self-absorbed way to sort out issues that don't belong on the political spectrum.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 12:38:23 PM »

Well at least we gave Naso's side a good whupping in the Civil War.

Would you say we spanked 'em?

Because everyone in the CSA was a political conservative and everyone in the North was a political liberal.  God, I swear you guys are all like 19 and have only taken a basic high school American history class when it comes to the Civil War.  You all sound really ignorant equating the Union with liberalism, it's the most laughably hackish thing I see here.

The Union in the Civil War was arguably the most radical and progressive force in the entirety of American history, certainly the most radical and progressive government force. To ignore that basic truth of the war is ridiculous.

Indeed. It's amazing how people forget just how radically leftist (economically and by American standards, anyway) the Republican Party was from 1860 until about 1875, when the big business forces finally managed to quell its impulses.

In addition to that, yes: the North certainly was a socially liberal region by the day's standards, and the South was socially regressive. This broader theme has more or less been intact since the founding of our country.

The CSA was probably more liberal than any government we've seen in American history.  You're simply DECIDING that being against slavery is liberal (despite the fact that the party of fiscal populists, relaxing immigration restrictions, fighting prohibition and keeping Republican moralism out of government was the one defending it).  The CSA was EASILY more of a centralized government than the Union, despite preaching states' rights in its attempts to defend slavery in any way possible; it okayed the seizing of private property, ran up a bigger comparative debt than the Union and raised its taxes far more.  Your entire argument is based on the belief that the GOP's (largely economically based) opposition to the expansion of slavery automatically makes it a liberal party ---> the Democrats were conservatives.  Sorry, but that's just simplistic and, more importantly, false validation for your uncompromising views today.  Go back and read primary sources of Northern politicians and voters.  What exactly was socially liberal about the North (BTW, LOL at using a modern term that happens to describe you guys and applying it to people who lived 150+ years ago who are now remembered fondly by history)?  It was just as religious as the South (some of the first abolitionist sentiment came from extremely conservative religious sects like the Quakers ... dare we say the religious right of the era??  No, no, that couldn't be).  It was more in favor of moral intrusion than the South (there's a reason the GOP was the party largely responsible for prohibition ... its Northern voters wanted it).  It certainly was extremely racist against immigrants, especially the Irish (take a look at some Republican campaign posters featuring depictions of Irish workers and call them progressive...).  Again, I ask, other than your desire for the side that's remembered as extinguishing slavery to be equated with your ideology ... What is your evidence?

This is coming from a dyed-in-the-wool Yankee with many liberal tendencies, but it's astonishing how many people on this board simplify historically DOCUMENTED things.  For every one of our communists citing some dumb letter between Lincoln and Marx, there's a documented anti-immigrant ad by Republicans or a documented attempt by Republicans in the North to restrict the voting rights of the poor.  History is complicated, and to say the North was liberal/conservative or the South was conservative/liberal is just plain dumb.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 10:57:24 AM »

Looking at the social media posts it seems like moderates/the middle along with conservatives are siding with the Officer. The left might of actually done a disfavor to itself by its constant whitewashing of Michael Brown into a saint.

If the left would just bother to look at the evidence instead of trying to create another social justice campaign they might actually realize that officer Darren Wilson's account of events is the most probable.

Also the left's defense of the rioting and looting have caused a lot of people in their side to drift away from their cause.

Congratulations, in one post you have quickly become as bad as Reaganfan. Hell, your signature is worse than anything Naso has ever had in his. Good job.

Nice response, you totally schooled him.  All his points are now void!

I think the red avatars on this site legitimately log in thinking they're posting on a forum made for liberals, which is not how this place used to be.  Sad.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies