Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:46:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night)  (Read 48663 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: November 25, 2014, 09:35:16 AM »

We know that Officer Wilson will need to remain in hiding for quite sometime or move.  Maybe he and Casey Anthony should hook up?

Mods, please ban.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 01:25:38 PM »

What's the best way to get back at Da Man?  Burn your own town down and fyck your own people over, of course.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »

Ahhhhhhh this helps calm things down.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 09:38:28 AM »

You know what the best thing is... have a civil trial instead. Sue the department for wrongful death, let the jury decide on the balance of probabilities who is right.

There was/is going to be a civil trial regardless of the Grand Jury decision.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 01:12:37 PM »

Whats progressive is relative. Prohibition was considered a progressive cause in its heyday, and rightfully so, since fighting alcoholism and drunkenness improved the lives of working families (especially women and children).

Mods please ban.  K?  Thx.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 01:42:24 PM »

Whats progressive is relative. Prohibition was considered a progressive cause in its heyday, and rightfully so, since fighting alcoholism and drunkenness improved the lives of working families (especially women and children).

Mods please ban.  K?  Thx.

Context Grumps, context.. Trying to make a point here. Prohibition turned out to be a disaster, but the prohibitionists clearly had a progressive goal.

I know I know.....I forgot the smiley  >>>>>>>>>  Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 02:24:48 PM »

Are you suggesting that American police officers are not adequately trained?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There were, what, six bullets in Brown's body? I'm no firearms expert, but it occurs to me that maybe you're confusing reality with action films again?

It's not a question of training, it's a natural human instinct.

I'll give you an example. Let's say a woman who owned a firearm had an armed robber breaking in her house. She shot him. She's crying. The police ask her how many times did you fire the gun? She might sincerely say, "four times", but when police check the gun, she might have fired nine times. It's a natural human survival response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-n5BMR_-wI

That video is of what was determined to be a justified police shooting of Ernesto Duenez Jr. in 2011. He was wanted in connection with an incident of domestic-violence reported earlier the same day and officers has been stalking out the house for some hours. He was charging at an officer with a knife. He was known in the neighborhood and a warrant was out for him.

Note that around the 5 min mark, the officer is asked, "How many shots did you fire?" The officer responds, "Somewhere in the neighborhood of six" when he had, as you can see on the tape, had actually fired 13 shots.

THAT is what I am talking about.

Sounds like a lack of training, Michael.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 02:45:32 PM »

Are you suggesting that American police officers are not adequately trained?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There were, what, six bullets in Brown's body? I'm no firearms expert, but it occurs to me that maybe you're confusing reality with action films again?

It's not a question of training, it's a natural human instinct.

I'll give you an example. Let's say a woman who owned a firearm had an armed robber breaking in her house. She shot him. She's crying. The police ask her how many times did you fire the gun? She might sincerely say, "four times", but when police check the gun, she might have fired nine times. It's a natural human survival response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-n5BMR_-wI

That video is of what was determined to be a justified police shooting of Ernesto Duenez Jr. in 2011. He was wanted in connection with an incident of domestic-violence reported earlier the same day and officers has been stalking out the house for some hours. He was charging at an officer with a knife. He was known in the neighborhood and a warrant was out for him.

Note that around the 5 min mark, the officer is asked, "How many shots did you fire?" The officer responds, "Somewhere in the neighborhood of six" when he had, as you can see on the tape, had actually fired 13 shots.

THAT is what I am talking about.

Sounds like a lack of training, Michael.

Not at all, Grumps. What do you think they say when training officers? "Make sure to count how many shots you fire" or "Make sure the suspect is down"?

I want the guy carrying one to have complete control of it, and himself, yes, Mike.  I don't think that's asking a Herculean amount.....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies