Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:06:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night)  (Read 48494 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: November 26, 2014, 01:42:05 PM »

What's it matter whether Michael Brown was a "bad guy"? Even if he were, I've not seen any legitimate argument for why deadly force was in any way reasonable.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 01:54:12 PM »

Its one thing to shoot someone, surely quite another to empty your clip into him? Right? I mean this strikes me as a not unimportant point here.

That's another thing that liberals don't understand.

Many many times, in shooting situations whether it was cop vs criminal or civilian vs. criminal, what we have seen is where a person says they fired three shots when they might have fired as many as ten. This comes from the "survival" instinct where your mind doesn't accurately record how many times you squeeze the trigger.

Besides that, if the criminal kept coming at the officer, the officer has just cause to keep firing.

For deadly force to be reasonable at all, the officer would:

a.) need to genuinely be in grave danger
b.) have no other milder method of achieving the same result (making the suspect unable to harm him)

I understand for someone like you who desires a return to the Wild West, this may be unconvincing, but it's the generally accepted standard in most of the civilized world.

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 02:03:29 PM »

Police in Europe may still have guns but they almost never use them.

Germany, with about one-fourth the American population (from 2011):

Statistics compiled by the German Police University show that German police officers fired a total of 49 warning shots and 36 shots aimed at individuals while pursuing suspects last year. From those incidents, 15 people were injured, and six were killed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies