Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:49:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night)  (Read 48451 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 24, 2014, 06:02:47 PM »

Wouldn't be surprised if they indict him on some lesser charges, but first degree murder? What were they thinking when they put that on the list of possible charges?

I get very mad when a cop does his job, and is getting in trouble for doing it. Let's be honest...the kid was black, the cop was white. If the cop was black, would we have even heard about this? The media has alot to blame for this.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 06:42:02 PM »

Let's be honest...the kid was black, the cop was white. If the cop was black, would we have even heard this?

No because the kid would still be alive.

I don't believe that.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 12:54:54 AM »

This is so disgusting. Seriously sad. Sad

A former Civil Rights activist was just on Fox News Channel and said, "Martin Luther King is spinning in his grave".
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 01:26:35 AM »

The fact that some liberals earlier in this thread were cheering this violence on is disgusting. Think of all the people who will be out of work after this.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 01:44:16 AM »

The vibe I got from the Prosecutor was that this would have likely never even been looked at, but due to the publicity they gave it a fair shot. No indictment doesn't mean you riot. White people did not riot after O.J.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 01:53:54 AM »

The vibe I got from the Prosecutor was that this would have likely never even been looked at, but due to the publicity they gave it a fair shot. No indictment doesn't mean you riot. White people did not riot after O.J.

Thanks for that distinction.

I don't mean to hit a nerve, but you know it's the truth. If Michael Brown were white, would Barack Obama have spoken to the country tonight?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 02:22:46 AM »

Thanks for that distinction.

I don't mean to hit a nerve, but you know it's the truth. If Michael Brown were white, would Barack Obama have spoken to the country tonight?

No, because he'd never have been shot to death.

F**k you and your condescending attitude towards how you think black people should handle being murdered. You are the worst.

It wasn't murder. It was a police officer doing his job. You are just saying this because you're angry you didn't get the result you wanted.

Like Mark Fuhrman said earlier on Fox News, people who think like you are , "completely irrational, delusional and completely incapable of absorbing facts that are forensic in nature, that are eyewitness in nature, that are from the very person that was getting attacked in the car. So there is really no way you’re going to get any kind of reasonable dialogue from somebody that’s decided that Michael Brown was murdered.”
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 07:26:40 PM »

The folks rioting and looting in Ferguson have done their very best to validate every negative stereotype there is about African Americans.

Yeah I don't think anyone there gives a sh1t that racists are feeling that their racist views are being validated.

Yeah the world isn't as black and white (no pun intended) as you want it to be. There is something of a point under his badly worded sentence. What the rioters are doing is enforcing the notion that these areas are lawless and that cops need to be especially vigilant while there. Thus, the public is willing to give cops more leeway in how they conduct themselves in black neighborhoods. If it doesn't make sense to you that this is what a lot of people, who are far from being skinheads or klansmen, are taking away from this episode, then you're clearly not thinking rationally about the situation.

It doesn't help when you excuse behavior that by and large has been condemned by the "black community." The rioters don't represent most black Americans or most of the protesters who are/were in Ferguson.

The "leadership" of the African American community needs to step up and actually lead in a positive way.

The rioters don't care what the the leaders of the black community, who have condemned this stuff, have to say. They just want to riot....

GREAT POST
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 07:53:43 PM »

You know why you guys get so angry at me? Because deep down I speak truths...and my side keeps winning over yours.

Pretty sure people get angry at you because you're an obtuse, ignorant racist. But keep thinking what you want to think. It's certainly a pattern you're already quite familiar with.

Not a racist at all. I've been out with African American girls. The first person I voted for was an African American. I resent being called a racist.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 08:02:38 PM »

Oops BRB "The Factor begins right now!"

Cheesy
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 08:22:14 PM »

@Reagan: Really? You're using the "well I have friends that are black" excuse? Really?

If you use that excuse, then yeah, you kinda are racist.

To be fair, who isn't? We're all prejudiced people. But the difference between an anti-racist and a racist is the one who fights those impulses all the time in the pursuit of fairness and actual merit, and one who doesn't for whatever reasons.

And simply trying to say "Well I have friends that are black" as an end all is giving up the fight and in fact very ignorant.

So basically using your logic, I could have a black wife and interracially mixed children and because I vote for conservative Republicans I'd be a racist?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 08:45:29 PM »

Well at least we gave Naso's side a good whupping in the Civil War.

The way you liberals act is like a child not getting their way.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 08:56:58 PM »

Well at least we gave Naso's side a good whupping in the Civil War.

Would you say we spanked 'em?

Because everyone in the CSA was a political conservative and everyone in the North was a political liberal.  God, I swear you guys are all like 19 and have only taken a basic high school American history class when it comes to the Civil War.  You all sound really ignorant equating the Union with liberalism, it's the most laughably hackish thing I see here.

Bernie Goldberg just made a great point that the media and liberals are falsely trying to make this an issue about Civil Rights. It's not. As he just said on Fox News, "Ferguson is not Selma, it's 2014 and not 1965, and Michael Brown is not Emmett Till."

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 01:21:09 AM »

You know, black-white relationships isn't the reason why he wasn't indicted.

In Quebec, we had various issues of policemen shooting on people without reason or speeding without reason, crashing into cars and killing people. Guess what? No indictments, even if both the policeman and the victim were very white. Police and prosecutors cover each other. Thankfully, Quebec gets a reform of that next year (well, the reform is done, but there is normal delays, you can't create a new structure the day the bill passes).

Yes, they were. You don't understand how the criminal justice system works in the United States.

I understand well. It's the "police-prosecutor-(sometimes private prisons)" establishment vs. weak people not being able to defend themselves from law abuses. Most black people are part of the latter, but they're not alone in that latter group.

The prosecutor is supposed to prosecute. But I guess the son of a white cop killed by a black man is going to side with the white cops 100% of the time. This isn't the first time his racist has come out.

https://lareviewofbooks.org/essay/killed-robert-mccullochs-father

Even had this gone to trial, the general agreement is that there was no way in hell they would have found the officer guilty.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 01:37:31 PM »

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-contributor-dont-make-bad-guy-michael-brown-into-civil-rights-martyr/

Bernie Goldberg brought up how some journalists and activists have been discussing the civil rights angle in Ferguson, and he rather adamantly said that Ferguson isn’t Selma, it’s 2014, not 1965, and Michael Brown is not an innocent like Emmett Till or Medgar Evars:

“He brought about his own demise. It’s a tragedy when any 18-year-old kid is killed, and especially for the parents… but Michael Brown was the bad guy in this case, and please, America, let’s not turn this kind into some kind of civil rights martyr because that he is not.”

Goldberg added that there is an “ugly racial history” in the United States, but the media does not want an honest discussion about race issues, they want a politically correct one.

This is it right here. Goldberg hit the nail on the head.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 01:44:57 PM »

What's it matter whether Michael Brown was a "bad guy"? Even if he were, I've not seen any legitimate argument for why deadly force was in any way reasonable.

Absolutely incorrect. You have an angry, hostile, 6 ft 3 inches 300 lb man punching a cop and grabbing at his gun, deadly force is authorized. There isn't a single criminal attorney would could have taken this case and had a prayer.

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 01:48:53 PM »

Its one thing to shoot someone, surely quite another to empty your clip into him? Right? I mean this strikes me as a not unimportant point here.

That's another thing that liberals don't understand.

Many many times, in shooting situations whether it was cop vs criminal or civilian vs. criminal, what we have seen is where a person says they fired three shots when they might have fired as many as ten. This comes from the "survival" instinct where your mind doesn't accurately record how many times you squeeze the trigger.

Besides that, if the criminal kept coming at the officer, the officer has just cause to keep firing.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 03:08:25 PM »

I'm going to tell you something, as someone who was trained on weapons in combat during military training. Do you think that those who are the trainers think any differently than me? Do you think a liberal educator from Berkeley is training police officers? No. It's probably some fat gray haired guy with a mustache who was driving around town as a patrolman when Jimmy Carter was President. They aren't training police officers to use restraint, they're training them to eliminate threats.

Yes. I believe a systemic problem is systemic. Thanks for asking.

To avoid lumping me in, I think the officer acted according to procedure and should not be prosecuted in this case. But the procedure is wrong.

I've heard liberals say things during the last 48 hrs up to and including "the cop should have been the one to back down."

Do they realize what they're saying or is it anger?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies