Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:08:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night)  (Read 48426 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: November 24, 2014, 09:33:45 PM »

These miserable skunks couldn't have just said 'the grand jury declines to indict' and gotten on with their skunk lives? They had to do this whole character-assassination rigmarole too? Sickening.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 09:44:27 PM »

Any high school English class asked to do an even cursory analysis of this speech would conclude that it was biased from the beginning.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 09:53:35 PM »

Any high school English class asked to do an even cursory analysis of this speech would conclude that it was biased from the beginning.

Want to write a more detailed analysis, maybe? Might actually be interesting.

I might do a fisking of it later if I can find a transcript and if I don't find the exercise too upsetting, yeah.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 10:01:30 PM »

We know that Officer Wilson will need to remain in hiding for quite sometime or move.  Maybe he and Casey Anthony should hook up?

Mods, please ban.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 10:33:10 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2014, 07:16:41 AM by True Federalist »

Reminder that black people are seen as monsters by the majority of whites and any force against them will always be seen as justified.
True. Don't you think there's a reason for that?

...mods, please ban.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 10:50:59 PM »

I hope this can trigger major reforms in our law enforcement.

Of course it will do nothing of the sort.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 08:29:02 AM »

The fact that some liberals earlier in this thread were cheering this violence on is disgusting. Think of all the people who will be out of work after this.

The fact you cheer on the lethal violence perpetrated against Michael Brown is also disgusting.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 01:33:45 PM »

Unbelievable is the right word. Crazy stuff...

http://www.vox.com/2014/11/25/7281165/darren-wilsons-story-side

"I was doing the, just scrambling, trying to get his arms out of my face and him from grabbing me and everything else. He turned to his...if he's at my vehicle, he turned to his left and handed the first subject. He said, "here, take these." He was holding a pack of — several packs of cigarillos which was just, what was stolen from the Market Store was several packs of cigarillos. He said, "here, hold these" and when he did that I grabbed his right arm trying just to control something at that point. Um, as I was holding it, and he came around, he came around with his arm extended, fist made, and went like that straight at my face with his...a full swing from his left hand."

I can't even tell what set of actions this is purporting to describe.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 01:49:54 PM »

It seems, from what is up in the NYTimes, that the prosecutors really wanted to avoid the indictment.

That is blatantly obvious.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 06:01:48 PM »

The folks rioting and looting in Ferguson have done their very best to validate every negative stereotype there is about African Americans.

The "leadership" of the African American community needs to step up and actually lead in a positive way.

To quote Martin Luther King

In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 07:29:30 PM »

Shut up, Naso.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 07:45:00 PM »

You know why you guys get so angry at me? Because deep down I speak truths...and my side keeps winning over yours.

No, we get tired of you because your side somehow keeps winning even though you're spewing morally bankrupt bullsh**t.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 09:39:39 PM »

Oh, great, krazen's take, just what this thread needed.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 08:31:25 AM »

You know, black-white relationships isn't the reason why he wasn't indicted.

In Quebec, we had various issues of policemen shooting on people without reason or speeding without reason, crashing into cars and killing people. Guess what? No indictments, even if both the policeman and the victim were very white. Police and prosecutors cover each other. Thankfully, Quebec gets a reform of that next year (well, the reform is done, but there is normal delays, you can't create a new structure the day the bill passes).

Yes, they were. You don't understand how the criminal justice system works in the United States.

I understand well. It's the "police-prosecutor-(sometimes private prisons)" establishment vs. weak people not being able to defend themselves from law abuses. Most black people are part of the latter, but they're not alone in that latter group.

The prosecutor is supposed to prosecute. But I guess the son of a white cop killed by a black man is going to side with the white cops 100% of the time. This isn't the first time his racist has come out.

https://lareviewofbooks.org/essay/killed-robert-mccullochs-father

Even had this gone to trial, the general agreement is that there was no way in hell they would have found the officer guilty.

Some principles matter more than probability of success.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 09:00:48 AM »

Some principles matter more than probability of success.
I think the prosecutor succeeded in his aim.

Of course he did.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 04:34:37 PM »

To paraphrase Maimonides, I'd rather a thousand petty thieves resist arrest and get away with it than one innocent person die. Hell, I'd rather a thousand petty thieves resist arrest and get away with it than one petty thief die.

This is even assuming Wilson's story isn't a baldfaced sociopathic lie.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies