Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:54:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night)  (Read 48481 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« on: November 25, 2014, 03:57:37 AM »

You know, black-white relationships isn't the reason why he wasn't indicted.

In Quebec, we had various issues of policemen shooting on people without reason or speeding without reason, crashing into cars and killing people. Guess what? No indictments, even if both the policeman and the victim were very white. Police and prosecutors cover each other. Thankfully, Quebec gets a reform of that next year (well, the reform is done, but there is normal delays, you can't create a new structure the day the bill passes).

Yes, they were. You don't understand how the criminal justice system works in the United States.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 12:25:03 PM »

The definitive tragedy in all of this is how a murder of an innocent person was taken over by our sensationalist media and politicized so no real change will ever come.

What on earth are you talking about? The media is not culpable here. The racist f**king pigs that enforce the "law" in Ferguson are.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 03:21:35 PM »

Well, seems like this has once against completely broken down along party and/or ideological lines, furthering my assumption that at the heart of American conservatism is something very, very bad. 

Strange, because I remember that a lot of conservatives I know (including my parents) thought that Zimmerman was guilty.  I'm sure it's the same with this.  As soon as I heard the report I thought that Wilson shouldn't have shot the teenager.  And I'm very conservative.

You're the exception and not the rule then.  

Stay close minded if you wish, but there have been several blue avatars condemning the police on here ... Similarly, there have been several red avatars condemning the looters (as would be expected).

Yeah, some of our liberal posters are pretty awful like that.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 07:42:10 PM »

You know why you guys get so angry at me? Because deep down I speak truths...and my side keeps winning over yours.

Pretty sure people get angry at you because you're an obtuse, ignorant racist. But keep thinking what you want to think. It's certainly a pattern you're already quite familiar with.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 09:54:54 PM »

The GOP of the 1850s to 1870s was really the only time a major American political party can, without any hesitation or hedging, be described as a party that fought for freedom.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 09:58:23 PM »

I just watched Wilson's interview and boy do I hope that dude gets his comeuppance someday. I've never seen someone act like a prick whilst also acting like a victim. Unbelievable.

In a just world, Anonymous would release every detail about where he's living online and let the chips fall where they may.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 12:27:30 PM »

Violence is an absolutely justified form of political action if you are first attacked and you have absolutely no other recourse. The people of Ferguson are never going to get justice through their racist courts and from their racist cops. They realize that and have acted accordingly.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 03:33:15 PM »

Violence is an absolutely justified form of political action if you are first attacked and you have absolutely no other recourse. The people of Ferguson are never going to get justice through their racist courts and from their racist cops. They realize that and have acted accordingly.

No recourse? Turnout was barely 10% in Ferguson's last mayoral election, and only about 6% among black voters. You don't expect that to change next April?

Voting tweedledee in instead of tweedledumb isn't going to change a damn thing in Ferguson because neither of the political parties we get to choose from right now have any coherent plan for dealing with police brutality and racialized policing because both parties have been responsible for the steady construction of the New Jim Crow since the 70s. Elections aren't a be-all, end-all. Especially when a good percentage of the people in question are denied the right to vote period because of a felony conviction.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies