Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:23:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night)  (Read 48449 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 25, 2014, 07:29:52 AM »

Well, looks like our Southern posters are really pulling out all the stops tonight.
I hadn't really noticed Harry, Sanchez, Flo, etc., being particularly obnoxious.  Granted, there has been one particularly odious poster, but to equate him with all Southerners misses the boat in several ways.  For one thing, as has already been pointed out, he's in the minority of our Southern posters.  For another, his IP resolves back to Massachusetts not Arkansas.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 07:47:48 AM »

If you're going to riot and burn things, why would you do it to your own town?
For most of the people there, Ferguson isn't their town.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 11:11:16 PM »

It is strange that some feel the need to stand up for the violent cigar thief over America's finest.
If Wilson is America's finest, then America truly has come to ruin.  Even under the most charitable view of what happened, he lacks the judgement someone who wields a gun should have.  The only badge he should ever be trusted with in the future is as an unarmed parking violation enforcement officer, and even that is being generous.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 08:55:41 AM »

Some principles matter more than probability of success.
I think the prosecutor succeeded in his aim.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 03:13:09 PM »

I'm going to tell you something, as someone who was trained on weapons in combat during military training. Do you think that those who are the trainers think any differently than me? Do you think a liberal educator from Berkeley is training police officers? No. It's probably some fat gray haired guy with a mustache who was driving around town as a patrolman when Jimmy Carter was President. They aren't training police officers to use restraint, they're training them to eliminate threats.

Yes. I believe a systemic problem is systemic. Thanks for asking.

To avoid lumping me in, I think the officer acted according to procedure and should not be prosecuted in this case. But the procedure is wrong.

I've heard liberals say things during the last 48 hrs up to and including "the cop should have been the one to back down."

Do they realize what they're saying or is it anger?

Effective policing requires to know when backing down is in the best interest of public safety.  By all accounts, the culture of the Ferguson Police was ignorant of that fact, and instead treated Cartman of South Park as a role model for how to be a police officer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies