Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:10:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night)  (Read 48487 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: November 24, 2014, 07:56:43 PM »

Naso, how do you know the "facts of the case" support Wilson when Wilson's side of the story has never even been told?

Because Wilson has the same skin color that Naso does.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 11:20:06 PM »

2 police cruisers on fire:
https://t.co/NAHxjHK0KK

Inside Walgreen's:

Beautytown Building/Heal STL, on fire:

Interstate 44 is shut down:

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 11:21:50 PM »

"Toys R' Us is mostly clear, moving south to the Walmart." - police scanner

More pictures of I-44 shutdown:

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 11:23:40 PM »

Little Caesar's on fire

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 11:27:22 PM »

"Hundreds" on I-44 right now; Livefeed:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/stackizshort?utm_campaign=JPER&utm_medium=FlashPlayer&utm_source=embed
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 12:50:48 AM »

http://www.reddit.com/live/tdrph3y49ftn/

"We have pulled back for now, things are getting way too dangerous. Stay tuned. #Ferguson"
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 01:46:57 AM »

The vibe I got from the Prosecutor was that this would have likely never even been looked at, but due to the publicity they gave it a fair shot. No indictment doesn't mean you riot. White people did not riot after O.J.

Thanks for that distinction.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 03:00:04 AM »

The vibe I got from the Prosecutor was that this would have likely never even been looked at, but due to the publicity they gave it a fair shot. No indictment doesn't mean you riot. White people did not riot after O.J.

Thanks for that distinction.

I don't mean to hit a nerve, but you know it's the truth. If Michael Brown were white, would Barack Obama have spoken to the country tonight?

Quite the contrary: I'm glad you said it, because it frankly punches a hole in your whole little facade - the one I've seen from you before where you try to paint a picture of a glorious, post-racial America in which those who talk about race are the real agitators and "we're all Americans: why can't liberals just accept that and stop dividing America?" - and exposes your worldview for what it is:

"America is a place where white people can not-so-subtly insinuate that blacks are violent, savage ape-people who deserve everything that's coming to them, but don't you dare criticize us God-fearing conservative whites for pointing that out, because that would be race-baiting and divisive.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 09:50:46 PM »

Well at least we gave Naso's side a good whupping in the Civil War.

Would you say we spanked 'em?

Because everyone in the CSA was a political conservative and everyone in the North was a political liberal.  God, I swear you guys are all like 19 and have only taken a basic high school American history class when it comes to the Civil War.  You all sound really ignorant equating the Union with liberalism, it's the most laughably hackish thing I see here.

The Union in the Civil War was arguably the most radical and progressive force in the entirety of American history, certainly the most radical and progressive government force. To ignore that basic truth of the war is ridiculous.

Indeed. It's amazing how people forget just how radically leftist (economically and by American standards, anyway) the Republican Party was from 1860 until about 1875, when the big business forces finally managed to quell its impulses.

In addition to that, yes: the North certainly was a socially liberal region by the day's standards, and the South was socially regressive. This broader theme has more or less been intact since the founding of our country.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 05:14:27 AM »
« Edited: November 26, 2014, 05:21:44 AM by Lowly Griff »

In ATL tonight, there were quite a few protests. At least 20 people were arrested (including reporters who were videoing the scene) after protesters managed to block southbound traffic for about 15 minutes at the Downtown Connector along I-75/I-85 (for those who don't know ATL, this is the main artery of traffic through the city. There were also several reports of broken windows in businesses and vehicles.

Facebook video of blocked traffic on interstate

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/2014/11/25/protests-atlanta-ferguson/70120784/

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 05:28:32 AM »

Probably not related, but:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies