Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:29:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night)  (Read 48488 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« on: November 25, 2014, 01:12:10 PM »

Unbelievable is the right word. Crazy stuff...

http://www.vox.com/2014/11/25/7281165/darren-wilsons-story-side

"I was doing the, just scrambling, trying to get his arms out of my face and him from grabbing me and everything else. He turned to his...if he's at my vehicle, he turned to his left and handed the first subject. He said, "here, take these." He was holding a pack of — several packs of cigarillos which was just, what was stolen from the Market Store was several packs of cigarillos. He said, "here, hold these" and when he did that I grabbed his right arm trying just to control something at that point. Um, as I was holding it, and he came around, he came around with his arm extended, fist made, and went like that straight at my face with his...a full swing from his left hand."
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 02:20:25 PM »

Unbelievable is the right word. Crazy stuff...

http://www.vox.com/2014/11/25/7281165/darren-wilsons-story-side

"I was doing the, just scrambling, trying to get his arms out of my face and him from grabbing me and everything else. He turned to his...if he's at my vehicle, he turned to his left and handed the first subject. He said, "here, take these." He was holding a pack of — several packs of cigarillos which was just, what was stolen from the Market Store was several packs of cigarillos. He said, "here, hold these" and when he did that I grabbed his right arm trying just to control something at that point. Um, as I was holding it, and he came around, he came around with his arm extended, fist made, and went like that straight at my face with his...a full swing from his left hand."

I can't even tell what set of actions this is purporting to describe.

As the article goes on to say:

"So Brown is punching inside the car. Wilson is scrambling to deflect the blows, to protect his face, to regain control of the situation. And then Brown stops, turns to his left, says to his friend, "Here, hold these," and hands him the cigarillos stolen from Ferguson Market. Then he turns back to Wilson and, with his left hand now freed from holding the contraband goods, throws a haymaker at Wilson."

When presented step by step, as the article does, Wilson's story is one of the most counterintuitive and unbelievable tales I have ever heard. I just doesn't make sense for Brown to have acted the way Wilson claims he did.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 12:57:54 PM »

Whats progressive is relative. Prohibition was considered a progressive cause in its heyday, and rightfully so, since fighting alcoholism and drunkenness improved the lives of working families (especially women and children).
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 01:25:25 PM »

Whats progressive is relative. Prohibition was considered a progressive cause in its heyday, and rightfully so, since fighting alcoholism and drunkenness improved the lives of working families (especially women and children).

Mods please ban.  K?  Thx.

Context Grumps, context.. Trying to make a point here. Prohibition turned out to be a disaster, but the prohibitionists clearly had a progressive goal.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 02:18:49 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2014, 02:30:39 PM by politicus »

That's why in many countries, the police don't carry firearms. Alas, in the U.S. with our gun worshipping culture this is impossible.

Name them; because the vast majority of European forces do.

In addition to the ones mentioned: Japan, Norway and Iceland and some island states in the pacific, but yes it is rare.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies