Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:54:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night)  (Read 48443 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« on: November 25, 2014, 02:58:28 PM »

What about Wilson's story is unbelievable exactly?  I think every story you tell with these stakes is not necessarily believable.  Obviously, someone is not going to readily tell the truth if it implicates them in a murder, right?

But, I think the main point people are making is that Wilson could have used non-lethal force to subdue Brown. 
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 03:39:37 PM »

What about Wilson's story is unbelievable exactly?  I think every story you tell with these stakes is not necessarily believable.  Obviously, someone is not going to readily tell the truth if it implicates them in a murder, right?

But, I think the main point people are making is that Wilson could have used non-lethal force to subdue Brown. 

Maybe the part when Michael Brown stops in the middle of beating Wilson to say, "Comrade Johnson, would you mind holding my stolen goods for me so I can more readily assault this police officer? Thank you kindly."

Why is that unbelievable?
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 04:06:40 PM »

Maybe the part when Michael Brown stops in the middle of beating Wilson to say, "Comrade Johnson, would you mind holding my stolen goods for me so I can more readily assault this police officer? Thank you kindly."

Why is that unbelievable?

You...you're kidding, right? You find that bit of the story to be credible?

Do you also find it credible that Wilson was exceedingly polite to Brown and Johnson in asking them to move to the sidewalk, and they responded by trying to kill him?

If you're fighting someone you don't want to have cigars in your pocket, you might crush them accidentally.  That sort of makes sense, as it would if he asked his friend to hold a cup of coffee or a bouquet of flowers. 

As for the initial exchange, it doesn't seem impossible, given what went on later.  I'm sure the police officer embellished somewhat, but you have to keep in mind how these things get started.  Police are surly people by in large and Mr. Brown certainly seems like a violent person, having just robbed a store in broad daylight.

If you've never been in a fight you don't necessarily understand these things.  A young man who has just been in a physical altercation is going to have a temper.  Once someone has punched you or hit you, you can easily lose your temper.  I've experienced that a few times playing basketball, if someone cheap shots and knocks you down, you want to punch them in the face.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies