Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:21:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night)  (Read 48467 times)
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« on: November 24, 2014, 11:22:03 PM »

If you're going to riot and burn things, why would you do it to your own town?
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 11:24:14 PM »

The suspect lighting cars on fire is apparently a white guy with an American flag bandana.

Burn it for 'Murica
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 11:25:27 PM »

At this point, the best response is just kill ALL of the white/Caucasian people in the US.

Full disclosure; I am White/Caucasian

Please tell me this is sarcasm. If not, I hope you're never let near a gun, knife, or even your own hands.

50% sarcasm 50% serious

Thats pretty sick
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 11:31:45 PM »

It's not their own town. They don't actually own it. They don't own homes, they don't know businesses, many of them have to take public transportation. They don't pay property taxes. Ferguson, MO is just a place they happen to be stuck living in, not their own community.

That's why it's not that hard to imagine why people there would be so comfortable in destroying it.

They are destroying rented homes, rented businesses, and rioting on rented streets. No liability to them.

Its more than that...they still shop at these places, live around those streets, etc.

The same people destroying the walmart tonight are going to be mad that its not open for 2 weeks after this.

The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 11:37:16 PM »

It's not their own town. They don't actually own it. They don't own homes, they don't know businesses, many of them have to take public transportation. They don't pay property taxes. Ferguson, MO is just a place they happen to be stuck living in, not their own community.

That's why it's not that hard to imagine why people there would be so comfortable in destroying it.

They are destroying rented homes, rented businesses, and rioting on rented streets. No liability to them.

Its more than that...they still shop at these places, live around those streets, etc.

The same people destroying the walmart tonight are going to be mad that its not open for 2 weeks after this.

It's not really more than that. If anything, they are creating economic prosperity for themselves. Wal-Mart will now have to further increase holiday staffing to clean up the mess. Nobody has any reason to care about the cost of the damage.

Until they are given real stable opportunity to own businesses and homes of their own, nobody will ever care about the cost of the damage.

At the very least your actions are only going to hurt you....seems counter-intuitive.

Maybe we need to build more squares for people to protest in (See Tehran, Cairo, Kiev). I could go for a good authoritarian style square in St Louis, enough people are leaving the city anyway so I'm sure the space is available.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 11:56:10 PM »

Sounds like there's a protest outside my window. I hear a large group of people chanting, but can't really make out what they're saying. Also a bunch of helicopters circling.

Now drums. Probably on eighth avenue.

exorcism
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 12:10:59 PM »

The definitive tragedy in all of this is how a murder of an innocent person was taken over by our sensationalist media and politicized so no real change will ever come.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies