Americans favor immigration executive action, 67-28 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:01:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Americans favor immigration executive action, 67-28 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Americans favor immigration executive action, 67-28  (Read 5501 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: November 26, 2014, 02:11:37 AM »

Obama already only won 39% of white people. If Democrats keep this up, they will become known solely as the party of minorities. Doesn't that worry you even a bit?

That sounds better than getting 8% of blacks, but either way, I don't think Democrats are worried about a perceived connection to minorities.  LMAO.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 02:16:29 AM »

Obama already only won 39% of white people. If Democrats keep this up, they will become known solely as the party of minorities. Doesn't that worry you even a bit?

That sounds better than getting 8% of blacks, but either way, I don't think Democrats are worried about a perceived connection to minorities.  LMAO.

I didn't say that. You are missing my point.

IF you take away all minority voters, you realize that the Democrats who are damn near out of business in many parts of the country would be even WORSE off than they are today. If only whites voted, Mitt Romney would have won 46 states.

Doesn't that bug you at all, that there is a chance of a massive white backlash beyond 1994, 2010 and 2014? What if the Democratic nominee ended up with only 20% of the white vote in 2016? That was my question, you aren't bothered by that?

I'm not really bothered by that because outside of your fantasies, minorities will continue to exist.

If you're asking me if I am personally troubled as to how whites are now voting, yes, but probably for different reasons than you.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 02:29:50 AM »

Naso's hoping for something like this, with the names inverted:

Well, we all know that, especially before and after his posts on Ferguson, but I just took amusement with the way he is choosing his words.  I mean, I'm worried that plenty of whites are racist.  I'm not worried about racists voting for Republicans.

Anyway Reaganfan, I'll have to admit that I don't really care what the Democrats did to alienate 60% of white voters because I'm in the other 40%, and the idea that you or any other person of a similar political disposition could worry on my behalf that I am losing representation is ridiculous at best.  You see, I'm not convinced that whites are somehow getting a bad deal.  So if you're going to stand around and worry about whites (potentially) losing their virtual stranglehold on America's political institutions and their influence on society generally, my only question is, why?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 01:58:38 AM »

Naso's hoping for something like this, with the names inverted:

Well, we all know that, especially before and after his posts on Ferguson, but I just took amusement with the way he is choosing his words.  I mean, I'm worried that plenty of whites are racist.  I'm not worried about racists voting for Republicans.

Anyway Reaganfan, I'll have to admit that I don't really care what the Democrats did to alienate 60% of white voters because I'm in the other 40%, and the idea that you or any other person of a similar political disposition could worry on my behalf that I am losing representation is ridiculous at best.  You see, I'm not convinced that whites are somehow getting a bad deal.  So if you're going to stand around and worry about whites (potentially) losing their virtual stranglehold on America's political institutions and their influence on society generally, my only question is, why?
Aren't political institutions already liberal anyway such as colleges?

Influence on Society? Can you go further into detail about that?

I'm not talking about the political leanings of colleges or any other institutions, rather the White-centric framework from which most of these things operate.  In some ways, it's subtle.  In other ways, especially how people are treated by the police, it's painfully obvious as the moral blight that it is - but notice that people like Reaganfan will still defend the deaths of children because police have been 'trained' to kill civilians, interspersed with derogatory depictions of 'the black community'.

You will find this in the universities too, though, simply by virtue of the fact that the public education system produces better atmospheres and outcomes for white students over black students.  'Separate but equal' has never been true, but remains de facto practice in many areas even if no longer officially proclaimed.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 05:16:28 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2014, 12:25:58 PM by True Federalist »

Illegal alien and mother of seven, Florida resident Marita Nelson, receives $240 in food stamps, monthly medications, $700 in Social Security and a housing allowance. And she has been receiving government assistance for over 20 YEARS – ever since she illegally entered the U.S. by swimming the Rio Grande — which up to 290,000 illegals have done since January.

And even though she initially had a job, Nelson hasn’t worked a day in 17 years – but still collects her checks.

So you're saying that you would be able to raise seven children on that budget?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies