Americans favor immigration executive action, 67-28 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:53:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Americans favor immigration executive action, 67-28 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Americans favor immigration executive action, 67-28  (Read 5504 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 24, 2014, 05:53:45 PM »

It's a very Democratic pollster FYI

The survey was conducted for Americans United for Change, a pro-Democratic group.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 07:19:09 PM »

A new Rasmussen Poll shows a staggering majority against this action.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 02:09:32 AM »

The bigger issue is how it will play out in 2016.  Will reversing Obama's order 'on day one' be a litmus test for GOP primary? And will vowing to ramp up deportations be a liability for the general? That is the big game here.
What Obama and the Democrats are banking on is:

A).  This will be a litmus test issue for the GOP in the 2016 primaries.
B). Hispanics will be extremely in favor of the executive action, and will be highly motivated to turn out because of it.
C). While a majority of the general population may oppose it, it won't be the deciding factor for many people outside of the Hispanic community.   Conservatives may be motivated to turn out by it, but conservative turnout is already sky high, so that will have a limited effect.

Its interesting how much question wording effects the outcome.  My guess is that how public opinion eventually falls will depend a lot on how the debate unfolds.

Obama already only won 39% of white people. If Democrats keep this up, they will become known solely as the party of minorities. Doesn't that worry you even a bit?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 02:14:24 AM »

Obama already only won 39% of white people. If Democrats keep this up, they will become known solely as the party of minorities. Doesn't that worry you even a bit?

That sounds better than getting 8% of blacks, but either way, I don't think Democrats are worried about a perceived connection to minorities.  LMAO.

I didn't say that. You are missing my point.

IF you take away all minority voters, you realize that the Democrats who are damn near out of business in many parts of the country would be even WORSE off than they are today. If only whites voted, Mitt Romney would have won 46 states. If only whites voted, no more Mark Warner. We'd have Senator Scott Brown. You realize that all of the eggs are in one basket.

Doesn't that bug you at all, that there is a chance of a massive white backlash beyond 1994, 2010 and 2014? What if the Democratic nominee ended up with only 20% of the white vote in 2016? That was my question, you aren't bothered by that?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 02:21:05 AM »

That sounds better than getting 8% of blacks, but either way, I don't think Democrats are worried about a perceived connection to minorities.  LMAO.

I didn't say that. You are missing my point.

IF you take away all minority voters, you realize that the Democrats who are damn near out of business in many parts of the country would be even WORSE off than they are today. If only whites voted, Mitt Romney would have won 46 states.

Doesn't that bug you at all, that there is a chance of a massive white backlash beyond 1994, 2010 and 2014? What if the Democratic nominee ended up with only 20% of the white vote in 2016? That was my question, you aren't bothered by that?

I'm not really bothered by that because outside of your fantasies, minorities will continue to exist.

If you're asking me if I am personally troubled as to how whites are now voting, yes, but probably for different reasons than you.

I mean, it's been said that midterm elections keep swaying towards the Republicans more and more because they're an older, whiter electorate. But older and whiter didn't used to mean more Republican.

What did the Democratic Party do so bad to piss off the largest demographic in the entire country?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 02:37:41 AM »

It's a very Democratic pollster FYI

The survey was conducted for Americans United for Change, a pro-Democratic group.

Correct.

Quinnipiac just came out with a new poll yesterday and they show a 45-48 split.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2115

That made me chuckle.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies