Opinion of Honest Trailers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:22:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of Honest Trailers
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Honest Trailers
Freedom Series

Horrible Series

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Opinion of Honest Trailers  (Read 812 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 25, 2014, 01:18:00 AM »

It's a Horrible Series because:

1-The "honest trailers" are actually nothing like actual trailers. They're more like 3-4 minute (the MPAA doesn't allow trailers over 2 1/2 minutes unless the studio makes a special petition) summaries of the entire movie with ridiculous over the top narration nitpicking the hell out of it...which is also very un-modern trailer-esque (seriously next time you go to a movie count how many of the trailers have voice narration...odds are it'll be none.)
2-They're not particularly "honest" since they nitpick like hell and misrepresent some things about the films.
3-They're almost never funny.

Cinema Sins does a better job of the type of thing.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 02:36:13 AM »

CinemaSins is much better, but Honest Trailers is quite enjoyable, even if they're a bit biased in some cases.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 04:35:17 AM »

I've seen a few of them and I think they're better if they actually like the tv show/movie.  Their game of thrones trailer for example is awesome and it's obvious that the love the show and know it inside out.  Their walking dead trailer, a show they clearly don't like, is quite bad.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 05:36:35 AM »

Freedom series
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 11:57:57 AM »

1-The "honest trailers" are actually nothing like actual trailers. They're more like 3-4 minute (the MPAA doesn't allow trailers over 2 1/2 minutes unless the studio makes a special petition) summaries of the entire movie with ridiculous over the top narration nitpicking the hell out of it...which is also very un-modern trailer-esque (seriously next time you go to a movie count how many of the trailers have voice narration...odds are it'll be none.)
2-They're not particularly "honest" since they nitpick like hell and misrepresent some things about the films.

Translation: They made fun of a movie BTRD likes.

Anyway, huge FS!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 11:32:16 PM »

Anyway, huge FS!

Except I said I like Cinema Sins, which obviously has done so too, and I like Family Guy which has made fun of many things I like.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 01:59:10 PM »

Anyway, huge FS!

Except I said I like Cinema Sins, which obviously has done so too, and I like Family Guy which has made fun of many things I like.

Yeah, but there are certain things (ex: liberals) where if a show criticizes something you like, you deem it trash regardless of its actual merits.  I don't see why this wouldn't also be true of movies (i.e. you'll tolerate criticisms of certain films, but won't tolerate anything but the most neutered criticism of others, if that).  There are exceptions to every rule (ex: to your credit, you recognized that Lil Bush was garbage), but you generally seem to be only interested in things that validate your pre-existing beliefs for you.
Brodie Hellenes
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 09:45:00 PM »

I used to like them until they were praised on Upworthy.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 01:03:08 AM »

Anyway, huge FS!

Yeah, but there are certain things (ex: liberals) where if a show criticizes something you like, you deem it trash regardless of its actual merits.  I don't see why this wouldn't also be true of movies (i.e. you'll tolerate criticisms of certain films, but won't tolerate anything but the most neutered criticism of others, if that).  There are exceptions to every rule (ex: to your credit, you recognized that Lil Bush was garbage), but you generally seem to be only interested in things that validate your pre-existing beliefs for you.

Cinema Sins has made fun of basically every movie out there, so that way of thinking doesn't really work. You probably can't find any movie with an "honest trailer" not attacked by them. And Family Guy has made fun of plenty of movies I like, the difference I see between it and South Park making fun of Family Guy is that as Family Guy is actually funny it has the right to make fun of things including other good media, but South Park making fun of Family Guy is completely unacceptable because South Park is a garbage show and Family Guy is hilarious.

I used to like them until they were praised on Upworthy.

Oh really? In that case if such a great website liked them then I'll change my vote.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies