5 Worst South Park Episodes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:01:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  5 Worst South Park Episodes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 5 Worst South Park Episodes  (Read 2583 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 25, 2014, 11:11:59 AM »

-The Scott Tenorman one. I watched this one on Netflix out of curiosity because it's so raved about and it's REALLY stupid and not funny at all.
-The "Butt Out" one. Anvilicious and idiotic pro-tobacco propaganda.
-The episode about a nuclear weapon in Hillary Clinton's vagina. Yeah, real mature and not at all sexist guys. Roll Eyes
-The episode that makes fun of Family Guy. It's bad enough to be this stupid, but making fun of a far superior show...
-The one that's full of celebrity references and substitutes "OMG SHOCK VALUE!" for actual jokes and humor.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 11:20:51 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah, seriously. Why can't they just be mature and refrain from celebrity references like Family Guy?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 11:24:26 AM »

Family Guy's celebrity references are different.

Family Guy: This is just like the time that *celebrity* did *thing*
*makes joke based on celebrity*

South Park: *celebrity reference* "HA HA THAT'S THE JOKE!"

Basically just like the Friedberg and Seltzer movies.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 11:27:05 AM »

The quality of South Park episodes is extremely inconsistent. I don't feel like trying to sort through the list of episodes to declare an all time 5 worst episodes, but sometimes, they are very creative and have clever insights into life. And sometimes there is simply an anthropomorphic piece of poop. Which is sort of like how life works too, in a way.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 11:35:53 AM »

Wow BRTD, I never would have guessed that you hated South Park.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 12:57:43 PM »

South Park is remarkably hit-and-miss and has always has been. The worst episodes are those that start out seeming to make a political point, and then inevitably veer off into "lol we so edgy" or Moderate Heroism.

Off the top of my head that's the rainforest episode (with the lousy half-baked song "Getting Gay with Kids"), "Butt Out" and worst of all the one where Garrison has a sex change, in the most transphobic dreck I've ever seen broadcasted.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 01:03:59 PM »

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 09:48:03 PM »

The Scott Tenorman one is awesome, especially if you recognize the Shakespeare reference.

Obviously the tobacco hackery one is the worst, along with the one where they explicitly stated Obamacare should be repealed because the federal website didn't work very well for the first few weeks.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 09:54:45 PM »

I'll answer this seriously

- Grounded Vindaloop
- A History Channel Thanksgiving
- Royal Pudding
- And the two Pandemic episodes

I will say they've been extremely hit and miss this season (started with a boom, later on created the worst South Park episode I've ever seen), and I hope they end sooner rather than later.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 10:04:47 PM »

-The episode that makes fun of Family Guy. It's bad enough to be this stupid, but making fun of a far superior show...

Lurker
Norway
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 05:15:35 AM »

-The Scott Tenorman one. I watched this one on Netflix out of curiosity because it's so raved about and it's REALLY stupid and not funny at all.
-The "Butt Out" one. Anvilicious and idiotic pro-tobacco propaganda.
-The episode about a nuclear weapon in Hillary Clinton's vagina. Yeah, real mature and not at all sexist guys. Roll Eyes
-The one that's full of celebrity references and substitutes "OMG SHOCK VALUE!" for actual jokes and humor.

That was one of the first that immediately came to mind (although I haven't watched it since 2006 or whenever it first aired). Totally sh**t episode.

Scott Tenorman  was quite good though.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 08:41:44 AM »

ikr!  You'd think BRTD with his libertarian sensibilities would be a big fan of SP.  He really should keep us up to date on which shows he likes, THE FORUM NEEDS TO KNOW DAMN IT!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 09:09:27 AM »

ikr!  You'd think BRTD with his libertarian sensibilities would be a big fan of SP.  He really should keep us up to date on which shows he likes, THE FORUM NEEDS TO KNOW DAMN IT!

Wait. Are you actually admitting that South Park is not balanced, is not ever left-wing, and there's no reason any liberal should ever like it?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 09:21:34 AM »

Liberals should like South Park because there are some episodes that are funny and have nothing to do with politics, like Scott Tenorman Must Die.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 02:16:31 PM »

Wait. Are you actually admitting that South Park is not balanced, is not ever left-wing, and there's no reason any liberal should ever like it?

First, your idea of political balance is 100% left-wing propaganda.  Second, with regard to liberals liking South Park, if there was a staunchly conservative satire/comedy show that was even half as good as South Park or the Daily Show, I'd watch it pretty regularly.  I don't see political disagreement as the deciding factor in whether or not I like a show.  If you are incapable of seeing value in things that don't conform to your political beliefs, I feel sorry for you because your missing out on some great stuff for a pretty dumb reason.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 03:06:07 PM »

The show got fairly unwatchable during my high school years (so most of Seasons 12-16), when I pretty much just tuned in out of force of habit. I recall I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining being particularly boring. It seems to have improved since I went to college and have not watched regularly (Seasons 17 and 18), although there may have been a bit of selection bias.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 03:58:45 PM »

The show got fairly unwatchable during my high school years (so most of Seasons 12-16), when I pretty much just tuned in out of force of habit. I recall I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining being particularly boring. It seems to have improved since I went to college and have not watched regularly (Seasons 17 and 18), although there may have been a bit of selection bias.

When did you start watching this show? When you were 8?
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 05:39:47 PM »

-Korn's groovy pirate ghost mystery
-Erection Day
-Taming Strange
-The Snatch
-Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina
-D-Yikes
-The Mystery of the Urinal Deuce
-Stanley's Cup
-More Crap
-Toilet Paper
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 09:32:36 PM »

When did you start watching this show? When you were 8?

Actually yes. Tongue. As I said, I may have changed just as much as the show changed between when I first watched it and the perceived decline in quality.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 04:53:53 PM »

Also the one with the Queef Sisters was particularly awful. It didn't help that I watched it with my mom and it was the most awkward 30 minutes of my life, but I still wouldn't have enjoyed the episode in any setting.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2014, 06:30:09 PM »

South Park is remarkably hit-and-miss and has always has been. The worst episodes are those that start out seeming to make a political point, and then inevitably veer off into "lol we so edgy" or Moderate Heroism.

Off the top of my head that's the rainforest episode (with the lousy half-baked song "Getting Gay with Kids"), "Butt Out" and worst of all the one where Garrison has a sex change, in the most transphobic dreck I've ever seen broadcasted.
dude i want a fancy new vagina and i still crack up when i see dolphin broflovski
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2014, 10:19:17 PM »

There's way too many to do a good bottom 5 ranking and I forget a whole bunch of them, but three terrible ones off the top of my head are Funnybot, The Snuke, and Royal Pudding.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 11:35:40 PM »

Butt Out is a great episode that isn't pro tobacco, just pro "mind your damn business."
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2014, 12:59:52 AM »

First, your idea of political balance is 100% left-wing propaganda.

No, that's what I want shows I watch to be. But dead0man has argued South Park is not right-leaning at all and it's actually a balanced show because they've done a few episodes making fun of religious right crazies. Such a bold and rarely attacked target after all definitely means the show is willing to go way out on a limb to attack right wingers too. But now yeah he's basically admitting the show is in fact right-wing and hating Pat Robertson does not make you a left winger or a "moderate".

Second, with regard to liberals liking South Park, if there was a staunchly conservative satire/comedy show that was even half as good as South Park or the Daily Show, I'd watch it pretty regularly.  I don't see political disagreement as the deciding factor in whether or not I like a show.  If you are incapable of seeing value in things that don't conform to your political beliefs, I feel sorry for you because your missing out on some great stuff for a pretty dumb reason.

It's not really possible to enjoy The Daily Show if you don't agree with it. Because the conclusions Stewart brings up wouldn't be valid. As for the "great stuff" I'm missing out on because I won't watch conservative media, like what? Remember I think even South Park's apolitical stuff is absolute trash, so that doesn't apply.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2014, 01:05:28 PM »

First, your idea of political balance is 100% left-wing propaganda.

No, that's what I want shows I watch to be. But dead0man has argued South Park is not right-leaning at all and it's actually a balanced show because they've done a few episodes making fun of religious right crazies. Such a bold and rarely attacked target after all definitely means the show is willing to go way out on a limb to attack right wingers too. But now yeah he's basically admitting the show is in fact right-wing and hating Pat Robertson does not make you a left winger or a "moderate".

Second, with regard to liberals liking South Park, if there was a staunchly conservative satire/comedy show that was even half as good as South Park or the Daily Show, I'd watch it pretty regularly.  I don't see political disagreement as the deciding factor in whether or not I like a show.  If you are incapable of seeing value in things that don't conform to your political beliefs, I feel sorry for you because your missing out on some great stuff for a pretty dumb reason.

It's not really possible to enjoy The Daily Show if you don't agree with it. Because the conclusions Stewart brings up wouldn't be valid. As for the "great stuff" I'm missing out on because I won't watch conservative media, like what? Remember I think even South Park's apolitical stuff is absolute trash, so that doesn't apply.

South Park isn't a right-wing or left-wing show.  It does have a distinct Libertarian lean (although even that's been much less pronounced lately), but again, I see no reason why that should prevent one from enjoying the show.  You've also said that you if a show has any satire that isn't 100% left-wing propaganda then you would consider the entire show to be worthless trash (i.e. you'd hate an apolitical South Park episode because the show's satirical elements aren't 100% left-wing propaganda).  Regarding the Daily Show, I highly doubt one needs to be left-leaning to enjoy it, especially given that it is hardly left-wing propaganda. 

Btw, if all you watch is things that are 100% left-wing propaganda, you're stuck with either crappy shows like The Newsroom or people like Bill Maher who are so awful that they are like Glenn Beck's caricature of a liberal.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies