Who is opebo? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:54:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who is opebo? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who is opebo?  (Read 5654 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 26, 2014, 11:54:18 PM »

At approximately 11:05 PM today, Brodie Hellenes and Dixie Reborn were stopped by a Forum Moderation Officer due to suspected involvement with sock accounting. Hellenes attempted to attack the officer. Fearing for his life, the officer acted in self defense by firing two fifty point infractions at the suspects. Mr. Hellenes was pronounced dead at the scene while Mr. Reborn is in critical condition at Jew Leip Methodist Memorial Hospital - but is not expected to recover. The officer involved has been put on paid leave pending internal investigation.

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen.  Following the public outcry over this incident, the David Leip Moderation Department has elected to release the name of the officer involved in these events.

The officer's name is Bacon King, and he has been with the Moderation Department for four years.  To date, he has but one disciplinary action listed on his service record, involving a prior case of false accusations of socking.

However, our thorough report of the present incident indicates that Officer King acted appropriately, and correctly identified Mr. Hellenes as a sock account of Mr. Reborn.  From this, one can only conclude that when Officer King opened fire on the individual he identified as Mr. Hellenes, he was in fact merely mortally injuring Mr. Reborn's typing hand.  Emergency surgery conducted by Dr. Modadmin Nym90 is expected to leave Mr. Reborn in such a state that he will never again be able to grace this forum.

Officer King is suffering symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder, and will be counseled by Moderation therapist Dr. Torie, as he attempts to continue with his life following this traumatic event.  He is set to be interviewed by George Stephanopolous to provide his side of the story within the next 48 hours.

This has been a trying time for all, and I understand that many of you are appalled by Moderation policy that force against socks is always justified.  However, don't you think there's a reason for that?

(too soon?)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 12:30:57 AM »

Jmfcst's ultimate ban was a bit of a mess.  His initial muting was due primarily to a number of unresolved reports of his posts on some of our less policed boards getting resolved all the same time (and also rather harshly in my opinion).  However, his response to what one could argue was a bit of overenthusiastic moderating was basically to say, "If you're gonna mute or ban me for that chickenscratch, I'll give you something worth being punished for."  If he hadn't gone ballistic, I think he'd probably still be here.

You're also skipping the part where he locked himself out of his account on purpose because he thought he spent too much time here, then made a sock account to come back, then pleaded with Dave to get his original account open again, before getting up to 100 points again for his actual banning.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies