Could an atheist or person w/no religon be elected president in this country? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:56:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Could an atheist or person w/no religon be elected president in this country? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could an atheist or person w/no religon be elected president in this country?  (Read 15784 times)
ShapeShifter

« on: April 13, 2004, 07:35:38 AM »

A presidential candidate can never openly say they are athesist and expect to be elected. Not in this day of age. Maybe in the future when religion is not a big thing anymore.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 10:42:16 AM »

So you believe in absolutely no creator. When you die everything goes black. The end. You are in a small minority, and being as 90% of Americans express a belief in God, I do not see an atheist being president anytime soon.

Just because the majority believes in something does not mean it is correct. Not to long ago, people believe the Earth was flat.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 11:10:41 AM »

Actually, it wasn't common for people to believe the Earth was flat. The Church knew and preached a round earth.

Is.11:12,
Is.40:22,
Ezek.7:2,
Mt.4:8,
Lk.4:5,
Rev.1:17, 7:1

Well, according to these passage, your book inspired by *god*, said the world was flat.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 11:29:20 AM »

Is.11:12 - He will set up a banner for the nations,
And will assemble the outcasts of Israel,
And gather together the dispersed of Judah,
From the four corners of the earth. (Where is the earth flat comment?)

Is.40:22 - It is HE who sits above the circle (?flat? StRts) of the earth, And its inabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

Ezek.7:2 - An end! The end has come upon the four corners of the land.

Mt.4:8 - Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.

Lk.4:5 - Same as Matthew, I'm not retyping it.

Rev.1:17, 7:1 - 1:17 Has no reference to the earth at ALL.
7:1 refers to the four corners.

I dont see where you are getting "The earth is flat" thing from. The four corners are the edges of the "known world".

Circles don't have corners.

ShapeShifter

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 12:15:54 PM »

Your arguments are weak. Haven't you ever heard the expression, "Coming from the four corners of the earth"?

Honestly, that is not my argument really. Just playing devil advocate. Smiley I like hearing from all side than just mine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies