USA, Canada, and Ukraine alone in voting against UN Resolution condemning Nazism
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:10:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  USA, Canada, and Ukraine alone in voting against UN Resolution condemning Nazism
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: USA, Canada, and Ukraine alone in voting against UN Resolution condemning Nazism  (Read 1305 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 26, 2014, 07:55:21 PM »

http://www.globalresearch.ca/%E2%80%8Bus-canada-and-ukraine-vote-against-anti-nazism-resolution-at-un/5416128

You must be logged in to read this quote.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 08:10:31 PM »

55 nations abstained, incl. the EU, so there must have been some kind of catch here.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 09:49:52 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2014, 12:02:47 AM by Deus Naturae »

The International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination requires signatories to restrict free speech, so I'm glad this resolution (which was a blatantly disingenuous one sponsored by Russia anyway) pushing for its universal adoption was opposed by at least a few countries.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 10:18:20 PM »

The International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination requires signatories to restrict free speech, so I'm glad this resolution (which was a blatantly disingenuous one sponsored by Russia anyway) pushing for its universal adoption was defeated.

Yeah, that would explain this.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 10:50:24 PM »

Quite a few countries abstained as well, including such bastions of Nazism as Canada.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 10:50:37 PM »

FF countries.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 10:52:00 PM »

The International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination requires signatories to restrict free speech, so I'm glad this resolution (which was a blatantly disingenuous one sponsored by Russia anyway) pushing for its universal adoption was defeated.

No freedom to the enemies of freedom.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 11:02:08 PM »

As always...

Oh.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 11:19:21 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2014, 11:21:46 PM by Snowstalker »

As always...

Oh.

I'm not a fan of GlobalResearch (despite occasional good articles), but RationalWiki presenting itself as a reliable source rather than a circlejerk of liberal atheists is equally farcial.

(and it's not like they made up the vote either)

We judge the reliabilty of sources not on how objective they actually are (whether objectivity is even possible at all is another debate, of course), but on how well they conform to the official Western narrative. Western society is not free of propaganda--Western propagandists are only better at hiding it. But how can a country which has rejected the idea that children and the disabled have rights be seen as the leader of the "free" world?
danny
Israel

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 11:36:38 PM »

A shame that Israel voted for this resolution, although I can understand why they would.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 12:58:19 AM »

As always...

Oh.

I'm not a fan of GlobalResearch (despite occasional good articles), but RationalWiki presenting itself as a reliable source rather than a circlejerk of liberal atheists is equally farcial.

(and it's not like they made up the vote either)

We judge the reliabilty of sources not on how objective they actually are (whether objectivity is even possible at all is another debate, of course), but on how well they conform to the official Western narrative. Western society is not free of propaganda--Western propagandists are only better at hiding it. But how can a country which has rejected the idea that children and the disabled have rights be seen as the leader of the "free" world?

It is foolish to put all of the blame on this for me, oakvale. You were the one who told me to vote for the "Zionism is Racism" UN resolution. You were the one who told me that Venezuela should nationalize its oil industry. You were the one who told me to criticize the New Economic Policy for being too Capitalist. For you to hold me at fault here is ridiculous, and you are the one who looks foolish. You have lost all credibility with me!
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 07:33:09 AM »

But how can a country which has rejected the idea that children and the disabled have rights be seen as the leader of the "free" world?
Wow.  I never knew before that failing to ratify a particular UN treaty was equivalent to rejecting that their topic area had any validity.  Thanks, Snowstalker.  UNtil now, I never knew that UNless the UN is involved, it's impossible to have any human rights at all.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies