Opinion of this Suburban White Kid's Account of the Ferguson Riots
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:44:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of this Suburban White Kid's Account of the Ferguson Riots
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
Freedom Journalism

Horrible Journalism

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Opinion of this Suburban White Kid's Account of the Ferguson Riots  (Read 2112 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 26, 2014, 11:17:21 PM »
« edited: November 27, 2014, 04:10:58 PM by Indy Texas »

http://steveschmid7.kinja.com/three-nights-in-ferguson-night-one-a-walk-on-the-othe-1663077578/+laceydonohue

I'm seriously wondering if this guy is a Forum member.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The last quote was referring to a QuickTrip convenience store. Yes, a QuickTrip. Not a carbon-spewing Koch Industries factory. Not a Bangladeshi garment sweatshop. Not a sinister Monsanto science lab. The place where you buy mediocre donuts and bucket-sized cups of soda while filling up your car.

White college student full of self-loathing and postmodern internal commentary hates an old white guy named Nixon. What year is it?

Send in the guillotines!

Our Hero, who risked his life to atone for our collective White sins:

RR1997
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 12:09:43 PM »

This is great. I can't stop laughing.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 12:12:19 PM »

Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 01:56:23 PM »

TNF, is that you?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 01:57:48 PM »

This is like a parody of TNF.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 02:12:53 PM »

He actually seems like he'd fit in well on Atlas, though he might end up with a lot of his posts in the sage garden.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 02:52:00 PM »

The QuikTrip being wrecked was a tragedy, the Little Caesar's was a public service.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 06:31:37 PM »

Just another lame ass SJW.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 12:09:17 PM »

What a douche!

No. It's more like a parody of Phwezer before he '180'd and became an anti-true leftist.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 01:28:27 PM »

Quality thread, FF. Guy sounds like Snowstalker.
Anonymouse
Rookie
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 01:58:43 PM »

KCDem

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 02:04:45 PM »

Nothing wrong with his commentary. I agree with much if not most of it. Suburbia is a horrendous place.
Anonymouse
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 02:07:15 PM »

Nothing wrong with his commentary. I agree with much if not most of it. Suburbia is a horrendous place.

And parents are the worst, amirite!?
KCDem

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 02:09:14 PM »

Parents who would raise their kids in a suburb don't deserve their name and should have their kids confiscated.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 02:31:46 PM »

Parents who would raise their kids in a suburb don't deserve their name and should have their kids confiscated.

Yes, how dare they raise their children in a place where they can afford a house large enough for them to have their own bedrooms and a yard to play in and at least semi-decent schools. Shame on them for not crowding into a studio walk-up in Williamsburg and spending evenings taking the kids out busking on subway platforms to make sure they experience "real sh!t."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 02:55:56 PM »

Yes, how dare they raise their children in a place where they can afford a house large enough for them to have their own bedrooms and a yard to play in and at least semi-decent schools. Shame on them for not crowding into a studio walk-up in Williamsburg and spending evenings taking the kids out busking on subway platforms to make sure they experience "real sh!t."
How dare people enjoy life!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 03:16:04 PM »

Horrible journalism,...not for being wrong,but for the melodrama and terrible diction.

Reads more like the average High School kid honestly.
KCDem

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 04:06:28 PM »

You made my point for me bro. Suburbia isn't real life. It's a disgusting experience and stop trying to cover for it. the subway is probably the most magical form of transit available to mankind.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 04:12:36 PM »

You made my point for me bro. Suburbia isn't real life. It's a disgusting experience and stop trying to cover for it. the subway is probably the most magical form of transit available to mankind.

Let me guess, you hate small towns too, huh?
KCDem

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 05:40:27 PM »

Eh they're actually not too bad. Small towns, cities, and rural areas are fine. Suburbia is the limbotic purgatory no-man's land.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2014, 05:43:37 PM »

Eh they're actually not too bad. Small towns, cities, and rural areas are fine. Suburbia is the limbotic purgatory no-man's land.

Why the singling out of suburbs?
Anonymouse
Rookie
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2014, 06:50:29 PM »

Because he was raised in suburbia as an upper-middle-class white boy and he hates that. Someday, hopefully, he'll grow up and realize that he's been spitting on the privilege many of us would kill to have.
KCDem

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2014, 07:59:59 PM »

Because he was raised in suburbia as an upper-middle-class white boy and he hates that. Someday, hopefully, he'll grow up and realize that he's been spitting on the privilege many of us would kill to have.

I actually grew up in one of the largest urban areas of the EU, so before you try to comment on my life learn the facts. I wouldn't expect much though, from someone who has barely 100 posts.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2014, 08:29:39 PM »

There are good, objective reasons to hate suburbia that don't make the person with said opinion childish or immature.  I'm personally horrified at the idea of my future children being raised in your average suburb.  Kids learn through experience.  What experience will they have being raised in the economically, racially, culturally homogenous 'burb?  What you get is the ignorant little a--hole that I was when I was 19, spouting out "n-gg-r this and sp-c that", referring to pedestrians who weren't given a car like me losers, and sneering at those in lower economic classes.  I was lucky enough to get to college in Camden, serve on SGA, and get to know a world outside of where I grew up, allowing such filth that had infected my mind to be permanently washed away.   
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2014, 08:36:03 PM »

I grew up in the suburbs of Louisville, and I am so glad that I wasn't raised to be a snobby rich kid.  This probably has to do with the fact that my parents grew up poor.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies