Why did Paul Davis lose? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:15:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Why did Paul Davis lose? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why did Paul Davis lose?  (Read 8650 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: November 27, 2014, 01:29:54 AM »

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 01:57:27 AM »

In other news, Nixon rode the massive anti-McGovern wave to victory in 1972!

You guys actually to want to add something of substance, or am I wasting my time? Wink

Occam's Razor. It's not that complicated. Even if the year was only mildly good for Republicans, Brownback still would've lost.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 04:37:08 AM »

You guys actually to want to add something of substance, or am I wasting my time? Wink

Occam's Razor. It's not that complicated. Even if the year was only mildly good for Republicans, Brownback still would've lost.

Okay. Again, do you have anything to add, man? I'mn not trying to be a jerk. I'm decrying the degraded level of analysis here. Please don't try to use Occam's Razor again? And please don't hit me with Godwin's Law because of this post?

Dude, learn your history and culture- with regards to U.S. elections- and this is so much fun. It takes some time but lurk more.Smiley

My bad. Davis actually lost because 42 year old feminist soccer moms in suburban Kansas turned against him due to the strip club story. Is that better?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 04:49:02 AM »

What bothers me more is that the polls were consistently so off.  Davis led all eight polls issued after October 12th.  Similar story for Orman.

Lesson learned: do not trust Kansas polling, because no matter what, the Republican wins anyway.

Well, I doubt we'll be in a situation where a Democrat leads in any Kansas polls anytime soon. Tongue
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 12:54:04 AM »

Okay. Again, do you have anything to add, man? I'mn not trying to be a jerk. I'm decrying the degraded level of analysis here. Please don't try to use Occam's Razor again? And please don't hit me with Godwin's Law because of this post?

Dude, learn your history and culture- with regards to U.S. elections- and this is so much fun. It takes some time but lurk more.Smiley

You sound like a real asshole.

Not to mention his pretentiousness is completely unwarranted. His sole contribution to this thread is "muh suburbs trending D, muh rurals trending R". You know, the same thing that's happening almost everywhere. Hardly groundbreaking or insightful analysis.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies