Why did Paul Davis lose? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:41:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Why did Paul Davis lose? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why did Paul Davis lose?  (Read 8622 times)
Anonymouse
Rookie
United States

« on: November 27, 2014, 01:19:59 AM »

If someone could make 2002-2014 swing/trend maps, it would verify something. Barring that, it appears Democrats do better these days in suburban Johnson County while totally collapsing in most of the rest of the state. Probably due to to the national focus on social issues and the state focus on public education (rural Kansas schools are a dying breed and it affects fewer and fewer people)? End result: Democrats lose.

just for lulz: Ellis County (historically Democratic western Kansas enclave, comprised largely of German-American Catholics) 2002/2014: 62%/53%

That's a significant shift.
Anonymouse
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 01:42:12 AM »

In other news, Nixon rode the massive anti-McGovern wave to victory in 1972!

You guys actually to want to add something of substance, or am I wasting my time? Wink
Anonymouse
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 01:55:37 AM »

You guys actually to want to add something of substance, or am I wasting my time? Wink

There isn't really a reason beyond that and Kansas is super Republican and turnout wasn't great.

Hey, man. I'm trying to restore the oldAtlas standard of "don't say anything if you have nothing original/surprising/interesting" to contribute, at least re: elections. Stop humoring them! Wink
Anonymouse
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 02:22:57 AM »

Occam's Razor. It's not that complicated. Even if the year was only mildly good for Republicans, Brownback still would've lost.

Okay. Again, do you have anything to add, man? I'mn not trying to be a jerk. I'm decrying the degraded level of analysis here. Please don't try to use Occam's Razor again? And please don't hit me with Godwin's Law because of this post?

Dude, learn your history and culture- with regards to U.S. elections- and this is so much fun. It takes some time but lurk more.Smiley
Anonymouse
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 12:53:43 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2014, 01:08:50 PM by Anonymouse »

Yeah, looking back, I wouldn't have written that again, for what it's worth.

re: my post, I didn't expect it to be seen as some mindblowing revelation, but it's quantifiable and it does explain some things.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies