Obama threatens to veto $440 billion tax deal (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:29:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama threatens to veto $440 billion tax deal (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama threatens to veto $440 billion tax deal  (Read 3504 times)
AggregateDemand
United States

« on: November 29, 2014, 02:41:43 PM »

Republicans "reward" their (white) working-class supporters by announcing that they would allow the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit to expire. Why? Because of Obama's executive action over immigration, of course.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ian-reifowitz/gop-payback-to-white-work_b_6239006.html

Petty, spiteful, etc.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. The Child Tax Credit is middle class avarice, and the EITC is its current form is basically the same irrelevant love for people who make children they can't afford to raise.

We'd all be better off if those policies were eliminated or reformed, even if Obama gets blamed.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 08:05:59 PM »

You can get EITC without having children. I know this for a fact because a couple of years ago I was eligible for it when I was in grad school and working part time.

Anyway, you can't run on "Ooooh, Obummer and the Dim-o-crats are gunna raise yer taxes! Oogah-boogah!" and then turn around and demand that poor white people pay more tax than they otherwise would.

Why not? Democrats ran on healthcare reform, but they passed a terrible "Republican" law that the executive branch couldn't even execute without crippling our fragile economy.

Yes, you can get EITC if you're single, but look up the benefits schedule and you'll see the amount is basically nothing compared to the scheduled benefits. The sad part is that we have bipartisan support for raising the EITC for single people by 200% or 300% depending upon the specific proposal. Unfortunately, EITC reform isn't good for a political punch-up so no one does anything about it. Kind of like corporate tax reform or income tax reform.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 09:20:06 PM »

Ah yes, tell us more about how unemployment and inflation have risen and job growth has plummeted since the ACA's provisions went into effect.

If you don't pay attention to the economy, what makes you think you can bluff your way through economic topics by provoking people to refute your baseless claims? It seems you are living in a world of make-believe.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies