Obama "blames Bush"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:26:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama "blames Bush"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama "blames Bush"  (Read 2022 times)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 28, 2014, 12:31:47 AM »

I've literally never heard him mention Bush by name since his 2009 inauguration speech. Who are these brain-damaged cretins making absurd accusation day in and day out?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 12:38:03 AM »

Most people don't accuse him of blaming Bush, just his supporters. I haven't noticed much of it on this forum but literally every time I get into a political argument with an Obama supporter in real life they will either end up just refusing to continue the argument (which I'm generally fine with, since they're typically the ones who initiate it) or end up saying something to the extent of "yeah, well at least he didn't waste money on two wars!!" or "yeah well at least he didn't crash the economy like Bush!!" as if the actions of Dubya were an appropriate standard by which to judge Presidents.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 12:48:51 AM »

Explicitly blaming Bush would've flopped big time after a couple years of Obama being in office. The buzzwords therefore weren't "Bush sucked," but were instead "I inherited a big mess."
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 12:56:12 AM »

I've heard that they're actually rather fond of each other on a personal level, to the extent that Barack Obama is fond of anyone on a personal level, which isn't a very high standard considering the only people he doesn't seem to view with a cold mistrust and contempt are his wife and Valerie Jarrett.

He prefers to make amorphous references to "the failed policies that got us here in the first place" and let people fill in the blanks as they will.
KCDem

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 02:11:07 PM »

Republicans are morons. News at 11.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 04:34:51 PM »

Obama should have done a lot more blaming of Bush and why shouldn't he?

It's so absurd to think that Bush's giant mistakes are now just lost to the mists of history.  This was 2001-2009.  Obviously, Bush isn't responsible for everything that went wrong.  But, he should be blamed for everything he's responsible for.  How is that some foreign, unfair concept?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 05:02:09 PM »

20 years isn't going to be enough to remedy everything that reckless administration and their GOP Congress did, much less 5-6.  Blame away, Barry, you've every right. 
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 05:29:23 PM »

20 years isn't going to be enough to remedy everything that reckless administration and their GOP Congress did, much less 5-6.  Blame away, Barry, you've every right. 

Yeah, Obama actually blames Bush way too little, not too much. But the American people have the attention span of a goldfish and immediately started blaming Obama for everything by early 2010. Roll Eyes
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 05:37:26 PM »

Yeah, Obama actually blames Bush way too little, not too much. But the American people have the attention span of a goldfish and immediately started blaming Obama for everything by early 2010. Roll Eyes

The Republicans ought to thank Obama for taking the blame. He really helped us out there.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 06:02:14 PM »

He hasn't blamed Bush since 2008, but his supporters have. And honestly the Republicans will do the same thing if a Republican is elected in 2016.

Of course, the most hilarious argument I hear from Obama-bots is that Bush "spend recklessly on two wars", which is the only time they care about government spending.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 06:34:02 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2014, 06:38:16 PM by bedstuy »

He hasn't blamed Bush since 2008, but his supporters have. And honestly the Republicans will do the same thing if a Republican is elected in 2016.

Of course, the most hilarious argument I hear from Obama-bots is that Bush "spend recklessly on two wars", which is the only time they care about government spending.

Democrats don't just like spending money. 

Spending billions and billions on killing thousands of Americans and Iraqis possibly to no good end whatsoever = bad. 

Spending money to give Americans healthcare and improve our economy = good.

I know it's a complicated concept.  We actually don't like spending money per se.  Think about it like a business, ExxonMobil spends billions of dollars each year.  But, they don't go bankrupt because they get something out of it.  Or, like if someone buys a house and takes out a mortgage.  You could say, "hey buddy, why not raise your family in a studio apartment, that's would be cheaper."  But, you get some utility out of a house and it's an investment. 

That's part of what government spending is, an investment.  You pay teachers so you have the resource of educated citizens.  You build infrastructure which has a multiplier effect.  You build a bridge and it saves people time and money crossing a river.  In an economic recession, you spend money so you get people back to work and out of the downward spiral of economic contraction. 

Is this a foreign concept to you?
Rooney
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 06:37:09 PM »

Considering that George W. Bush and his government broke the world every president for the next century can safely blame him for everything bad that happens.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 06:44:29 PM »

Democrats don't just like spending money. 

Spending billions and billions on killing thousands of Americans and Iraqis possibly to no good end whatsoever = bad. 

Spending money to give Americans healthcare and improve our economy = good.

I know it's a complicated concept.  We actually don't like spending money per se.  Think about it like a business, ExxonMobil spends billions of dollars each year.  But, they don't go bankrupt because they get something out of it.  Or, like if someone buys a house and takes out a mortgage.  You could say, "hey buddy, why not raise your family in a studio apartment, that's would be cheaper."  But, you get some utility out of a house and it's an investment. 

That's part of what government spending is, an investment.  You pay teachers so you have the resource of educated citizens.  You build infrastructure which has a multiplier effect.  You build a bridge and it saves people time and money crossing a river.  In an economic recession, you spend money so you get people back to work and out of the downward spiral of economic contraction. 

Is this a foreign concept to you?

No, its not, your post was exactly what I was saying. I don't why you are trying to prove me wrong here. Liberals don't care so much about the spending part so much as the actual returns, unless its for something they don't like, then that's when they care about the spending (which, in the case of the Iraq and Afghan wars, was about the only time in the past 12 years they've complained about over-spending). Am I wrong here?
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 06:49:48 PM »

So their point isn't hilarious, it's totally valid.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 06:52:20 PM »

Yeah, Obama actually blames Bush way too little, not too much.

This is obviously a by-product of our country's love of racial stereotypes; "there goes the black man blaming someone else for his problems".
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2014, 12:54:18 PM »

Certainly, he can still blame Bush, in the Iraq War conduct, taken over by Isis, but the Economy in the sixth year of a prez, is on Obama's watch and the reason for Dems poor performance.  Restore the 40 hr work week in the Obama care and sign a compromise deal with the G O P on corporate taxes are the things he can make right in a still floundering economy.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 09:21:24 PM »

Yeah, Obama actually blames Bush way too little, not too much.

This is obviously a by-product of our country's love of racial stereotypes; "there goes the black man blaming someone else for his problems".

Give me a break.
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 09:25:36 PM »

Most people don't accuse him of blaming Bush, just his supporters. I haven't noticed much of it on this forum but literally every time I get into a political argument with an Obama supporter in real life they will either end up just refusing to continue the argument (which I'm generally fine with, since they're typically the ones who initiate it) or end up saying something to the extent of "yeah, well at least he didn't waste money on two wars!!" or "yeah well at least he didn't crash the economy like Bush!!" as if the actions of Dubya were an appropriate standard by which to judge Presidents.

But it's not like McCain or Romney would have done any better either.

There are valid criticisms to be made of him (NSA, net neutrality, financial reform, etc.), but the ones concerning the wars in the Middle East and the economy really don't hold any water at all. Especially those two, because those wars were doomed from the get-go and the Republicans have been egregiously uncooperative on fiscal policy.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2014, 10:57:59 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2014, 11:32:25 PM by Deus Naturae »

But it's not like McCain or Romney would have done any better either.

There are valid criticisms to be made of him (NSA, net neutrality, financial reform, etc.), but the ones concerning the wars in the Middle East and the economy really don't hold any water at all. Especially those two, because those wars were doomed from the get-go and the Republicans have been egregiously uncooperative on fiscal policy.
What? I'm not trying to defend Bush, just saying that the fact that Obama isn't as bad as Bush in and of itself doesn't make Obama a good President. Many Democrats seem to think that anyone who dislikes Obama is/was a Bush supporter so they can win any argument by reminding people of how bad Bush was.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 11:03:35 PM »

He's never said it, but Republicans insist that he did. They think he is responsible for Iraq, the response to Katrina and everything that happened under Bush, polling shows this.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies