TX Man Tries To Burn Down Mexican Consolate--Anti-Immigration motive suspected
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:32:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  TX Man Tries To Burn Down Mexican Consolate--Anti-Immigration motive suspected
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: TX Man Tries To Burn Down Mexican Consolate--Anti-Immigration motive suspected  (Read 2141 times)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 28, 2014, 03:17:29 PM »

Apparently the predictions of 'chaos' and violence over Obama's executive order were right...
You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/28/gunman-killed-targeted-austin-buildings/19607141/

I wonder what this guys preferred sources for news/opinion were? Did all the talk of "emperor Obama" and how he must be stopped push him over the edge?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 03:43:51 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

God, this is just handing Texas stereotypes to the rest of the country on a silver platter.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 03:47:59 PM »

White culture is so toxic.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 04:03:53 PM »

Time to kick Texas out of the Union.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 04:11:15 PM »

I blame it on the breakdown of the family unit due to all those Democrat welfare giveaway programs. And that thug music that they all listen to these days. They have no one to blame but themselves and their violence-glorifying culture.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 04:19:05 PM »

But...the Mexicans are terrorists and want to kill us, right?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 04:21:50 PM »

But...the Mexicans are terrorists and want to kill us, right?

Nah, that's Saudi Arabia...
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 04:23:07 PM »

Is this gonna be another circumstance when clumsy Yankees stir up race/immigration tensions in the South and then the laugh when society starts coming unglued?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 04:29:15 PM »

Is this gonna be another circumstance when clumsy Yankees stir up race/immigration tensions in the South and then the laugh when society starts coming unglued?

You realize most of the politicians who are stoking this are Southern, right?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 04:29:44 PM »

Stop this nonsense.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 04:30:36 PM »

You know, there are 49 other states with less crazy people to move to...
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 05:01:28 PM »

Oh, I'm sorry, did we 'stir' up your perfectly structured society by suggesting that immigrants are human beings?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 06:03:33 PM »

You know, there are 49 other states with less crazy people to move to...

You know, there are 26 million other people in Texas that are less crazy.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 06:08:06 PM »

When will Gohmert defend this patriot killed by Obama police forces?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 06:24:30 PM »

This is a bad post on so many levels.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 06:25:16 PM »

Oh, I'm sorry, did we 'stir' up your perfectly structured society by suggesting that immigrants are human beings?

I'm not sure I needed you to prove my point, but thanks anyway.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 06:30:13 PM »

When will Gohmert defend this patriot killed by Obama police forces?
Right after he impeaches him.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 08:07:34 PM »

Keep in mind that if the Federal Gov't had done its job there never would have been an Arizona immigration law. As long as the federal gov't perpetuates the problem by failing to set upon a common sense policy and then enforce it effectively, it creates a vulnerability, an opening to be filled by the worst sorts. 
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2014, 02:32:19 PM »

Keep in mind that if the Federal Gov't had done its job there never would have been an Arizona immigration law. As long as the federal gov't perpetuates the problem by failing to set upon a common sense policy and then enforce it effectively, it creates a vulnerability, an opening to be filled by the worst sorts. 

That is the most cogent explanation of Republican inaction on immigration that I've seen in a while.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2014, 03:50:41 PM »

What is its job? If you expect us to make our several thousand mile border with Mexico so secure and armed that not a single person will ever pass unauthorized, I'm going to tell you it's a foolish pipe dream and that the costs of doing that far outweigh the benefits. This isn't Israel where you can just put some concrete barriers up in an area the size of Rhode Island. It's not Europe where you can keep East Germans from escaping with a few hundred miles of concertina wire and a guard tower every other mile.

No, there are none of the fabled Gay Mexican Muslim Communist Terrorists swimming across the Rio Grande to take away our freedoms. They're not stealing our jerbs. They're not lounging around raiding the public treasury.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2014, 05:25:54 PM »

Consolate..
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2014, 11:18:10 PM »

What is its job? If you expect us to make our several thousand mile border with Mexico so secure and armed that not a single person will ever pass unauthorized, I'm going to tell you it's a foolish pipe dream and that the costs of doing that far outweigh the benefits.

Do ever do anything else besides making false assumptions about people you disagree with. I don't expect you to carry a notebook, but I do expect you to have the common courtesy to if don't know, Don't Guess.

I have said time and time again the focus on border security was a shiny object and a distraction, cannot get more plain than that.

I explained it in the most simplest possible terms in the post you quoted. Set a upon a common sense policy and then stick it to it. Which means if someone comes illegally going forward you deport them. If a business hires illegals, you fine them. That is what the Federal gov't failed to do thirty years ago and the problem will continue until that changes otherwise immigration will always be broken system in need of a fix. When you say these and no more (referring to legalization, you have to mean it).
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2014, 11:26:15 PM »

Really, what is the "problem" with illegal immigration? If your issue is just with the fact that people are violating the law, just change the law so people have no incentive to violate it (ie, make it possible for anyone who wants to enter the US to do so). And before you bring up terrorists and the like, I'm not saying we should abolish all border checkpoint, just that we should allow anyone who wants to work to enter and become a citizen.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2014, 12:04:43 AM »

Which means if someone comes illegally going forward you deport them. If a business hires illegals, you fine them. That is what the Federal gov't failed to do thirty years ago and the problem will continue until that changes otherwise immigration will always be broken system in need of a fix.

That takes time, manpower and money. Are you willing to spend more on DHS? Where does that come from? Are we going to take money away from Americans to deport non-Americans? Are we going to raise taxes? Also, do we need to revisit just which party was in power thirty years ago and granted amnesty to illegal immigrants?

Quite frankly, I really don't understand what the big deal is. Are you really screaming bloody murder over Manuel the dishwasher who is too scared of getting arrested to try to sign up for any "welfare" programs and just wants to put food on the table, send his kids to public schools (which, in Texas, are paid for by sales and property taxes, which he most certainly does pay) and generally be left alone?
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2014, 12:44:16 AM »
« Edited: November 30, 2014, 12:45:54 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Which means if someone comes illegally going forward you deport them. If a business hires illegals, you fine them. That is what the Federal gov't failed to do thirty years ago and the problem will continue until that changes otherwise immigration will always be broken system in need of a fix.

That takes time, manpower and money. Are you willing to spend more on DHS? Where does that come from? Are we going to take money away from Americans to deport non-Americans? Are we going to raise taxes?

We don't need a police state to achieve what I am talking about. Technology makes the business enforcement end much simpler and far easier to find out who is not checking. Simply cross check employers with those who utilize the E-verify system. You then investigate only those that are 1) not utilizing it and 2) don't qualify for some kind of exception. A visa entry/exit system is another rather cost effective way to minimize the illegal immigration problem (40% are overstays).

I think the richest country in the world can afford to enforce its own immigration laws it seeks to set, particularly in the 21st century. You can probably eliminate some of the unnecessary border security funding and transfer it to internet enforcement and rely on deterants such as workplace enforcement to keep the flow in check.

Also, do we need to revisit just which party was in power thirty years ago and granted amnesty to illegal immigrants?

Considering I have actually said we need to move past Reagan, ironically, what point would that serve? Except to throw a "lol Republicans suck" line out. I get it you hate all parties. Reagan has little defining influence on my political philosophy or views. He may have been effective in formulating a Conservativism for the 1970's and 1980's, but of course this isn't 1978 anymore.

Quite frankly, I really don't understand what the big deal is. Are you really screaming bloody murder over Manuel the dishwasher who is too scared of getting arrested to try to sign up for any "welfare" programs and just wants to put food on the table, send his kids to public schools (which, in Texas, are paid for by sales and property taxes, which he most certainly does pay) and generally be left alone?

No, my problem is with a system that is blatantly corrupted by design. Keep in mind, my politics are defined by the 2005-2008 era and thus I expect naively so probably, a certain degree of honesty in policy. If a common sense immigration law is pointless, and effective enforcement is impractical, then I expect enough honesty from those who hold that position to take the route Deus just expressed.  
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies