when will bushie have to start using the motorized cart at wal mart
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:47:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  when will bushie have to start using the motorized cart at wal mart
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
within 5 years

6-10 years

never

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: when will bushie have to start using the motorized cart at wal mart  (Read 1036 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 29, 2014, 04:43:21 PM »

option 1, obviously.  but there is NOTHING WRONG with the obese having to use carts just to get around.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 05:21:17 PM »

I think that in all honesty, he probably has 6-10 years left before he has to start doing that - assuming he isn't lying about how bad his physical health is already. Also, this question asks when will Bushie have to start using it, and not when Bushie will start using it...
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 05:23:59 PM »

I bet he has used it already.  I know I have.  They're fun.  My son and I got into a races with them.  He actually has become a pretty good driver.  You have to get one with a fresh charge, like right after it has been plugged in for a few hours, to get top speed.  Otherwise they're sluggish.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 05:25:13 PM »

He'll rationalize it brilliantly no doubt. "I can still use my legs some ofthe time guys! I'm not that bad!!"
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 05:28:32 PM »

There are two Fats that I know of in the office building where I work who use motorized carts. It's rather amusing when they have to maneuver into the elevator and everyone else is basically pressed against the walls to make room. And of course they have handicapped parking spaces right by the door, so occasionally when I leave I see them coerce a security guard or passerby into folding up the cart and putting it in their trunk for them and then watch them huff and puff to sit down in their driver's seat and shut the door and leave. So sad...
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 05:29:57 PM »

He'll rationalize it brilliantly no doubt. "I can still use my legs some ofthe time guys! I'm not that bad!!"

Assuming his legs haven't been removed due to irreparable nerve and circulatory system damage brought on by diabetes and general inactivity.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 06:20:16 PM »

When will he need a permanent Rascal scooter is the better question.

This would be avoided if he would just get gastric bypass surgery.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 02:37:18 AM »

I'm kind of surprised that he isn't using it already.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 07:54:47 AM »

I bet he has used it already.  I know I have.  They're fun.  My son and I got into a races with them.  He actually has become a pretty good driver.  You have to get one with a fresh charge, like right after it has been plugged in for a few hours, to get top speed.  Otherwise they're sluggish.

As wrong as that is on so many levels, can everyone agree that angus is without question the coolest dad on the planet? 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 09:09:58 AM »

As wrong as that is on so many levels...

Now, now.  It's not as thought we're pushing the elderly and the infirm off of them to steal them.  That'd be rather like pulling a conch or an urchin out of his shell in order to collect the shell.  We go snorkeling and shelling from time to time, and we do not injure or kill the wildlife, or disrupt their habitat.  It's the same way with the mart cart and creatures that occupy them.

I did gain an appreciation for the good parking spots when I had my leg surgery.  Prior to that I often grumbled that I wasn't allowed to park in any of the best spots, even though they were usually empty.  About five years ago, I was on crutches for about three weeks and it was difficult to walk.  During that period I went to the store a few times and actually needed the mart cart.  It was then that I first used used one and became familiar with its operation.  During that period I also might have benefitted from the good parking spot.  I was advised by the hospital staff regarding how to get the little  sticker for my car, but I didn't want the stigma or the bad fung shui, so even though it was winter and I was living in the Upper Midwest and it was taking me ten minutes to get from my car to the door in some places, I decided not to get the permit.  Still, every time I hobbled past those (usually empty) spots in all the best locations, I could see that life would be easier if I parked there.  After that, I gained a new respect for them, and was glad for them for those who really need it.  (I also gained a new respect for my wife's automatic transmission car during that period because my five-speed car was exceedingly difficult to drive without two good legs.)

Anyway, I think the general social mode regarding the carts is pretty much the same as those that are formally posted on the "priority seating" spots on the subway:  you can sit here, but if an old or injured person shows up you should surrender the seat.  It's common courtesy.  So you only use the carts when you see that there are many available and fully charged, and don't use them too long, and in any case never cause unavailability when they're needed.  (The normal rules about not knocking over the displays, frightening customers, or destroying merchandise while racing also apply.)  I also understand why the best parking spots really can't operate that way, and I have attempted to pass that understanding on to the next generation.

J-Mann
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 04:06:00 PM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 07:18:36 PM »

Do the poll options assume he has ten years or less to live?

Yes.  Problem?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 07:38:47 PM »

Hopefully, never.  I'm nowhere near needing it at this point and have never considered a motorized cart.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies