Should Corn sold into shops be labelled as Genetically Modified Teosinte? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:28:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should Corn sold into shops be labelled as Genetically Modified Teosinte? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Teosinte --> Corn?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Should Corn sold into shops be labelled as Genetically Modified Teosinte?  (Read 7803 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« on: November 30, 2014, 10:01:34 PM »

From

To

I don't know about you but I don't trust the origin of such transformations of our food. God knows what else selective breeding can achieve. They could make Frankenfood and poison us with their wacky notions. This stuff needs information on it so we can feel safe and secure in our food Smiley.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 09:07:25 PM »

No.  Its intentional genetic modification through controlled breeding.  Perhaps ironically, its more "intelligent design" than evolution.

I think GM is supposed to mean gene splicing, not evolution with human input. Or are we going to say that dogs are genetically modified too?

But that isn't what is meant by its folk usage.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 06:36:25 PM »

Someone with more experience in plant biology than I have should explain the difference between artificial selection and genetic engineering.

Oh I understand the difference. But why I would want minor details to get in the way of a trolling exercise?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies