Do you own any Political Yard Signs?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:52:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you own any Political Yard Signs?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Do you own any Political Yard Signs?  (Read 1382 times)
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 30, 2014, 10:33:26 PM »

Do you own any political yard signs?

I just recently framed my Tom Wolf and Gene Stilp (a candidate for the State House here), and have a few other signs from this cycle. I also have a bunch of Hawaii political signs, but they're in storage.

retromike22
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 10:36:02 PM »

I just have Clinton 2008 and Edwards 2008.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 10:37:02 PM »

I had McCain 08 and Romney 2012...but I might have thrown both out after my transformation. Not sure.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 10:39:03 PM »

I've collected dozens since I've been involved and also have a few framed. What's more extensive is my campaign literature collection. It doesn't matter how minor the office: if I can get my hands on a piece of candidate lit, it goes towards my collection. I don't collect lawn signs for candidates I don't like though. That would be stealing. Tongue
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 10:44:20 PM »

I've collected dozens since I've been involved and also have a few framed. What's more extensive is my campaign literature collection. It doesn't matter how minor the office: if I can get my hands on a piece of candidate lit, it goes towards my collection. I don't collect lawn signs for candidates I don't like though. That would be stealing. Tongue

Ah, neat. As to the Corbett sign, well, let's just say it was a "gift" from a friend.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 10:45:40 PM »

Yeah, your average NH Dem signs. Probably the coolest item we have is Maggie Hassan's State Senate signs.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 10:46:29 PM »

I had a Mark Warner lawn sign at one point (I lived in DC in 2008), but I don't know where it went. Otherwise no. I have a couple of Obama and DNC stickers and bumper stickers in my room though.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 10:46:50 PM »

I have several of Steve Grossman for Governor signs left over from September.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 10:50:00 PM »

We kept our Obama Biden 2008 sign. On the sign's fine print, it says that it was paid for by either the OFA NC chapter or the NCDP...I think that makes the sign slightly more significant, at least IMO, given NC was his closest state. A few weeks ago, I nabbed a Warner/Beyer sign that was left around here after the election.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 11:37:36 PM »

I'm more into buttons.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 02:30:51 AM »

Political yard-signs do not exist in Austria.

The thing that comes closest to it are political party posters or flags, which you can order from the parties for free and put up in your town or on your property ahead of the election.

And if you are a first time voter, you get some party stuff via post a few weeks/days before an election - like lighters, pencils, condoms etc.

If you are an older voter, the parties send you letters about why to vote for them and remind voters that they should vote.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 03:38:21 AM »

Ask me about my other (piles of) signs.

I come by them a dime a dozen; I have plenty from 2006-2012 as well left over. I end up keeping them to reuse the stakes for various local candidates, mainly, and usually wind up keeping some of the corrugated and vinyl just 'cause. As you can see, I still have quite a many Obama vinyl signs remaining (if anyone wants one and is willing to pay shipping, holla).

Time to deconstruct this year's batch!

MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 07:41:54 AM »

I have several Obama, McCain and Romney lawn signs along with lawn signs from local candidates. In addition, I also have a pretty big collection of political buttons for various candidates from over the years as well.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 09:56:38 AM »

None. Ironically, even though I was in charge of distributing Kasich signs in my county, my housing development's covenant prohibits political lawn signs.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 10:12:12 AM »

None. Ironically, even though I was in charge of distributing Kasich signs in my county, my housing development's covenant prohibits political lawn signs.

How undemocratic. The Elections Act here mandates that no one is allowed to deny your right to put up  a lawn/balcony sign.

As for me, I did "acquire" a small collection, but threw them away when I moved a couple of years ago. I do have one up in my daughter's window that's been up there since August 2013. No one can really see it though, as we're on the 15th floor.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 12:48:50 PM »

That's really cool, Adam.

Oh, and by the way, if any Hawaii posters are reading this thread and have some signs they want to go to a good home, PM me. Wink
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 05:22:22 PM »

How undemocratic. The Elections Act here mandates that no one is allowed to deny your right to put up  a lawn/balcony sign.

That doesn't stop some people I'm afraid. A HOA in Halifax got in trouble for this back in 2011.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 05:25:50 PM »

I have a Stephanie Herseth Sandlin sign from 2010.  I was never a huge fan of her, but her opponent was Kristi Noem.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 06:20:03 PM »

I had quite a few in 2010 and 2012 (Allen West, Ron Paul, Rick Scott) but none from 2014.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 09:07:28 PM »

I have a Dick DeVos sign from 2006 (which wasn't originally mine; my mom got it from someone who took it down after the election).  I also have a bunch of them from this year that I actually put up.  I had Snyder/Calley, Land, Moolenaar, and the GOP candidates for the state House and Senate.  Unforunately, the Snyder sign blew away on Halloween after we got a bad storm with snow and strong winds.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 09:21:03 PM »

Talking about buttons, this has to be my favorite one I've ever seen. Made by an 85 year old man named Jake in 2012.

Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2014, 02:03:00 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2014, 02:04:43 PM by Mr. Illini »

I've got a small collection of not just yard signs, but campaign gear in general. It includes an Obama/Biden car magnet, Ron Paul bumper sticker, Kennedy '80 pin, stickers from both Schneider and Dold since I've had interaction with both of them and of course their people want me to plaster my car (both unused Smiley), a Durbin sticker, some Kirk stickers, a Rauner sign (a friend's).

This is all stuff I have just kind of acquired and not tried to collect in an organized manner, but I am looking to build more of a collection, especially of yard signs. Many people I know display them and then throw them out, and I think it would be cool to de-stake them and save them for the years. My grandmother has a collection of Kennedy/Johnson '60 materials and I think it would be awesome to pull some of this stuff out decades down the line.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2014, 03:02:00 PM »

Thad for Mississippi 2014.  Like 100 of them. 
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2014, 04:31:44 PM »

I've begun a bumper sticker collection starting with the 2012 election and featuring various Senate and Governor's races across the country. I'm starting to amass some older ones, and I even have a Walter Mondale 1984 campaign brochure.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2014, 04:38:26 PM »

I don't like anything on my lawn........including punk ass kids, so no.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies