Civil Rights Act of 2014 (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:38:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Civil Rights Act of 2014 (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Civil Rights Act of 2014 (Passed)  (Read 16693 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 01, 2014, 09:42:05 PM »

This goes against religious freedoms and as such I will fight to destroy this.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 02:08:24 AM »

I don't like that 'religious freedom' is a convenient code word for permissible discrimination. But overall, this bill takes a good message, that we should embrace difference and reject intolerance and discrimination to an extreme.

I don't believe that can force tolerance, if it is enforced by law, then it's not real. We need to change people's minds through deed and words.

But this, if passed, would render preaching against homosexuality or abortion as criminal offenses worth taking away the right to keep and bear arms. TNF fails to realize this is a freedom of conscience issue. Atlasians of faith will not stand for their rights of religious conscience to be violated in such manner. The bill would force tolerance down people's throats.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 11:11:48 PM »

I don't like that 'religious freedom' is a convenient code word for permissible discrimination. But overall, this bill takes a good message, that we should embrace difference and reject intolerance and discrimination to an extreme.

I don't believe that can force tolerance, if it is enforced by law, then it's not real. We need to change people's minds through deed and words.

But this, if passed, would render preaching against homosexuality or abortion as criminal offenses worth taking away the right to keep and bear arms. TNF fails to realize this is a freedom of conscience issue. Atlasians of faith will not stand for their rights of religious conscience to be violated in such manner. The bill would force tolerance down people's throats.

You know how the saying goes - "one's freedom goes as far as it limits one other's". There is a difference between "religious freedom" and preaching against homosexuality or abortion. The latter is not religious freedom, it is bigotry and defamation.

When both homosexuality and abortion are specifically condemned as sinful by both Jewish and Christian texts, to deny the right to teach such is counter to religious teaching. Thus religious freedom would be violated and governmental persecution against Christians and those with similar views would cause something this government could never handle.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 08:11:45 PM »

I would just like to put out there that appeals to 'freedom of conscience' won't change my position on this, as I do not categorically believe in the 'freedom' of anyone to be a Nazi, Klansman, or bigot. The only freedom I believe in for those enemies of working class unity is the freedom to get the s**t beat out of them when they open their mouths and shout their bile from a loudspeaker.

You don't hear any of us on the right trying to deny communists like yourself freedom of speech. So who are you to deny free speech to your fellow Atlasians because of their ideological views. While I catagorically think communism is a flawed and failed method of governance and economic theory, I will never act to take away your political voice TNF for the simple reason that your individual voice will spark another leftist like mine will spark that of a conservatarian. 

Motion to table the entire bill effective upon the results of the outcome of the amendment vote.

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 04:55:12 PM »

Aye for Senator bore's amendment

But yes, despite my remarks that I don't see any religious freedom in preaching against homosexuals or abortion, I am not the biggest fan of this, at least in the current stand. There are some parts I like, bit overall this gets to far. I'm sure however that there can be found a middle way which most are okay with.

I do see religious freedom in preaching against homosexuality and abortion. We don't preach against people. We preach against activities that will be destructive in this life and in the life to come. Do I need to site both Christian and Jewish scripture which condem both activities?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 03:26:52 PM »

Then my motion to table becomes active.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 03:07:22 PM »

Motion to table
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 02:42:17 PM »

Aye to Windjammers amendment
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 07:37:25 PM »

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 01:49:05 AM »

Aye on the amendment.

Why should Arabic be recognized but not Hebrew? Section 2.1 must be eliminated before I'll even consider supporting this bill.  The government shouldn't be funding everyone having birth control. My tax dollars shouldn't be used to fund the consequences of a couples loose moral choices. With punishing those of us who don't want to find others having contraception. This should always be a choice of the couple with the monetary consequences for that individual couple. Don't put it on celibate singles, the lgbt, or those whose religious beliefs discourage the use of such products. There are religious rights that you guys are not considering in this case.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 02:51:58 PM »

Aye
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2014, 05:55:15 PM »

Amendment to be offered

Clause 1 of section 2 is hereby repealed
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2014, 04:18:15 PM »

Aye
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 11:41:46 AM »

Aye
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 12:05:10 AM »

This is injurious to religious freedom. Where are the reasonable accommodations for pastors preaching and laymen preaching what their religious conscience dictates without fear of governmental retaliation? They aren't there. Please reconsider this signature and redraft the bill with clauses protecting religious conscience and freedom.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies