Office of The Game Moderator Dr. Cynic: A Really Depressing Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:26:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of The Game Moderator Dr. Cynic: A Really Depressing Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Office of The Game Moderator Dr. Cynic: A Really Depressing Announcement  (Read 6040 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2014, 02:03:28 PM »

Sorry about that. I was ill yesterday and couldn't sit here long enough to do the posting. I'll have that up for you now.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2015, 05:59:49 PM »

Next edition of the Atlasian Democrat will be up tonight after the Steelers playoff game.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2015, 07:20:09 PM »

I would like to post this listing in case anyone is interested in helping me out.

I have the power to appoint a Deputy GM. Anyone who is interested in the job is asked to please PM me and we can discuss it. My personal life is very hectic at the moment and that is also with my continuing to try and keep some news coming. So, if you are interested in assisting me, please drop me a PM. I'm always accepting applications.

Thank you for your attention.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 08:25:34 AM »

Mr. GM,
If I may, I would like to ask you for information, regarding Financial Transaction Taxes in other countries. Atlasia currently has one at a rate of 0.5%. Such a tax however does only make sense if the countries the other major financial hubs (London, Frankfurt, Geneva, Shanghai...) are located in, have a similar tax to ours. As such, I would like to ask what the current situation regarding a Financial Transaction Tax is in, let's say, the Eurozone, Great Britain, Switzerland, Canada, Australia, China, Hongkong, Singapore, Japan, India and Russia.
Thank you,

T. Cranberry
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2015, 06:41:42 PM »

I will look it up and get back to you as soon as possible.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2015, 06:35:26 PM »

Ok, Senator Cranberry, I've got your statistics for you:

In the Eurozone: 0.1% flat overall, though rates may differ in some participating nations and several have opted out.
UK: 0.5% on stocks.
Switzerland: .15% domestically and .3% for foreign securities.
Canada: Doesn't have one.
Australia: I believe it's at 0.3% on stocks, 0.6% on bonds.
China: 0.5% or 0.8% on bonds.
Hong Kong: 0.3% on stocks.
Singapore: 0.2%.
India: 0.5% on stocks and corporate bonds.
Japan: Had one until 1999. No longer does.
Russia: 0.2% of value of new share and bond issues.

So, Atlasia' rate is well within the global average of participants, however several nations such as Canada and Japan as previously listed, no longer have these taxes.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2015, 03:55:24 PM »

Tonight's edition of the news will cover the current economic forecast, a bit on the Presidential campaign and some regional news for those who've been wanting it.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2015, 08:58:24 AM »

Thank you very much, Mr. GM!
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2015, 10:39:00 PM »

I had planned to cover the terror attacks in France this weekend, but real life issues have kept me at limited connectivity.

I will try and do it this weekend, but if not, then the next edition of the news will be on Monday.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2015, 05:43:29 PM »

Just a quick couple of announcements:

Tonight's edition of The Atlasian Democrat will involve the news in France and how this act of terrorism is impacting Atlasians.

Also, I would like to announce the hiring of my first Deputy, Barnes. In his application, I was very impressed with his enthusiasm and his first news story will be printed in the news tonight.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2015, 05:59:36 PM »

I'm very happy to be coming on board here. Cheesy
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2015, 02:28:16 PM »

I'm still working on the revenue estimates for the budget. I'm hoping to have it done by Tuesday, after which I'll discuss it with Barnes, make any final revisions and have it ready.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2015, 12:56:17 AM »

I'm still working on the revenue estimates for the budget. I'm hoping to have it done by Tuesday, after which I'll discuss it with Barnes, make any final revisions and have it ready.

Great to hear, Cynic, thanks again for your hard work as GM!
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2015, 05:57:53 PM »

Great to hear, Cynic, thanks again for your hard work as GM!

Well, I'm doing my best at least. I'm currently in discussion with Barnes and we're going to get this done as fast as we can.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2015, 02:21:44 PM »

A minor delay in the budget work, I'm sorry to report...

I'm on a long road trip and have very limited access to net for the next few days... So, my desire to get the budget to you guys quickly is not turning out so great, but Barnes and I have both been hard at work with it... I know news has been quiet as well the last few days and I'm sorry about that.

I'm hoping the department heads will take this opportunity to put forward some work of their own and when I have full access again, I can help them out a bit more fully.

Again, I apologize for all the delays and the periods of quiet. It's not how I'd intended to work as GM, but I'm letting you know, my office is still trying to work everything out for you guys and that news updates will return when I'm back in Pittsburgh.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2015, 04:57:03 PM »

Enjoy your road trip. 'Tis just a game
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2015, 05:36:24 PM »

I'm happily assisting Dr. Cynic with the budget numbers and will PM them to him by the end of the weekend for his approval. 

Rest assured, we are working and are managing the issue to the best extent with regard to our outside lives and commitments.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2015, 02:24:57 PM »

There will be an edition of The Atlasian Democrat coming tonight after a very extended break. Hopefully you'll check it out!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2015, 02:54:43 PM »

LETTER TO DR. L.W. CYNIC, EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF THE ATLASIAN DEMOCRAT

Dear Dr. Cynic

An article recently appeared in your esteemed publication concerning the activities of the charitable arm of the Temple of The People (the charitable arm of the Transcendental Democrats). As chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Temple of The People and General Secretary of the TDP I would like to correct a few inaccuracies in your report.

1. The Transcendental Democratic Party has no intention whatsoever in engaging in anything even remotely resembling the embarrassing separatist activities of the brain damaged cultists of the Papal Patch movement. Our concerns are global and we do not seek to hide ourselves away from the rest of society.

2. We are also concerned about the comparison to the Papal Patch movement. The Papal Patch movement is known by all to be a cult. This is not a word that can be fairly used to describe either the Transcendental Democrats or to Temple of The People. Although we appreciate that this was not done in your article, we nevertheless feel obliged to make it VERY clear that ANY instance of the use of the word 'cult' in the context of either the TDP or its charitable arm WILL BE MET WITH IMMEDIATE LEGAL ACTION. The Transcendental Democrats are a legitimate political party and the Temple of The People is merely a social welfare movement that aims to reduce the rampant inequalities of Atlasian society. Accusations to the contrary are VILE SLANDER and will be forcefully rebutted in all instances.

Yours Sincerely

A.C. Sibboleth
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2015, 04:37:27 PM »

I'm afraid that I've got a very bad personal issue that I've got to deal with. I had hoped when I got the news of it on Friday that it could be dealt with without taking a great deal of personal time away from this job. Especially the time spent working on both the budget and writing the news.

But I've realized that my time online must be limited a great deal for the next few months... I tried to make it work, but it simply isn't going to.

Since I can't spend anymore than a short time online for the time being, the only recourse I have is to resign this office with both extreme reluctance and extreme depression. I had planned to actually serve until at least May (when I planned to focus on starting my own family), but even that now could be in disarray.

I did my best at this job that I could. I didn't accomplish all that I'd wanted, but I did try very hard at making this all work and I'm confidant that with the right person this job will continue to work. I thank you guys for giving me the opportunity to prove that this is a viable office. I would have kept going, but there are just some things I can't do and with a lot of disarray coming, it's best that rather than become a do-nothing GM until someone removes me, I need to do the right thing and step aside for someone who can do the job the right way. Maybe someday I'll get to come back and try again. I enjoyed the game.

See you around guys.

Doc.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2015, 04:39:08 PM »

Over the course of your work here, you gained my confidence. Good job man! Hope you make it out of whatever it is you're going through okay.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2015, 04:41:32 PM »

You did a fantastic job and will be sorely missed. Good luck with the real life issues.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2015, 05:28:38 PM »

You did a fantastic job and will be sorely missed. Good luck with the real life issues.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2015, 06:09:16 PM »

Good luck with your future endeavors.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2015, 06:33:37 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4