Office of The Game Moderator Dr. Cynic: A Really Depressing Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:15:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of The Game Moderator Dr. Cynic: A Really Depressing Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Office of The Game Moderator Dr. Cynic: A Really Depressing Announcement  (Read 6043 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2015, 09:38:21 PM »

Thank you for your service and I wish you well.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2015, 10:16:03 PM »

You were certainly a fantastic GM, Cynic, and I appreciate all the hard work you did for the position. Best of luck!
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2015, 09:45:36 AM »

You were one of the all time greats in the role Smiley

We're all wishing you luck in your own life, which, of course, comes first.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2015, 09:47:06 AM »

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2015, 09:55:44 AM »

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2015, 01:18:25 PM »

What's your problem?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2015, 01:20:31 PM »

You were one of the best Game Moderators I've ever seen in my time here. I hope everything turns out okay in real life and wish you the best of luck.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2015, 03:02:22 PM »

I can only echo the other comments made here. You did a terrific job, and will surely be missed.
Still, I hope you can resolve your real life issues as soon as possible!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2015, 12:17:31 AM »

Cynic was one of the great GM's and the fact that you'd just go and say that in a time of personal crisis for him made me lose much of the respect I had for you.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2015, 06:50:56 AM »

Cynic was one of the great GM's and the fact that you'd just go and say that in a time of personal crisis for him made me lose much of the respect I had for you.

Dude always has a personal crisis. He disappears every so many months.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2015, 07:03:41 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2015, 01:25:21 PM by IDS Emperor Flo »

And even then there's no reason for you to be so rude like that.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2015, 07:05:37 AM »

Sad

It sucks to lose you, Larry, as you were indeed an exemplary GM. However, real life must always take precedence over the game. Whatever is the nature of your personal problems, I'm sure it will all turn out all right, especially with you at the helm Smiley

If you ever need to talk, I'd be here.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2015, 07:06:08 AM »

Newsflash: some people got real lives.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2015, 08:53:07 AM »

I'm so sorry to hear this. Thank you for your service and hopefully we'll see you back in the game soon.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2015, 01:48:35 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2015, 01:55:12 PM by Dr. Cynic, GM »

If you really wanted to know what the issue was, I'll tell you. I didn't think it was something anyone really would need to know, but I'll be glad to tell you anyway. I have had very little work for quite awhile and have virtually depleted my savings since then. I even went on a multiple day trip in an attempt to shore up my savings a few weeks ago. I can't afford to live in my home anymore so I'm moving to stay with family who don't happen to have very good internet access. My priority is to shore up my savings because I've virtually neglected them. I've been under a ton of stress over this as well as trying to do this job. On Friday I basically got the news that I can't delay leaving any longer and I had to make arrangements to move.

Nick, you have virtually no clue what goes on in my life just like I don't have any idea what goes on in yours. I don't presume to know your life. I'll thank you if you don't presume to know mine. I considered you a friend for quite some time, but after this, I've lost all respect for you.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2015, 01:51:54 PM »

As for everyone else, thanks for the kind words, I appreciate that. I'll see you guys around when I can.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2015, 01:53:38 PM »

Sorry to hear that Lawrence; hope things work out. You were way more responsive to my deranged private schemings than most GMs have been.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2015, 03:33:47 PM »

Nick, you have virtually no clue what goes on in my life just like I don't have any idea what goes on in yours. I don't presume to know your life. I'll thank you if you don't presume to know mine. I considered you a friend for quite some time, but after this, I've lost all respect for you.

Oh no!

Jesus Christ, do you even have any ability to not be a complete f***ing prick?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2015, 03:37:09 PM »

What the hell, Nick?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2015, 03:42:19 PM »

Oh no!

Your behavior is appalling, SirNick, you obviously owe Cynic an apology.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2015, 05:05:13 PM »

When Cynic, or anybody else for that matter, says he have an emergency to handle in RL and, because of this, can't devote his time to the internet forum game, that's all we need to know. He doesn't have to explain himself to anybody, and certainly not to you, Nick.

And what the hell were your remarks supposed to mean? Don't you know people must face challenges in real life, or were you living your entire life inside a plastic bubble? Who the hell are you to say such a crap about a grown man with real responsibilities?

You should really do some serious thinking about yourself.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2015, 07:27:32 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2015, 07:38:25 PM by Barnes »

I've been away for a few days from Atlasia, so I'm just catching up to this.  I am obviously very sorry for Cynic and wish him the absolute best - he was a great GM to work with.  I'm sending him my support and care.

As Deputy GM, I have told President Lumine that I will keep the boat afloat here on a temporary basis, but I will not request to be nominated for GM - I simply do not have the adequate time to commit to do the job well.

More to follow.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2015, 11:24:31 AM »

Jesus, this really depresses me. You were fantastic at your job Cynic, and everyone is rightfully extremely appreciative for that. I really hope you're able to return to this role in the future my man. Godspeed.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2015, 12:04:37 PM »

If you really wanted to know what the issue was, I'll tell you. I didn't think it was something anyone really would need to know, but I'll be glad to tell you anyway. I have had very little work for quite awhile and have virtually depleted my savings since then. I even went on a multiple day trip in an attempt to shore up my savings a few weeks ago. I can't afford to live in my home anymore so I'm moving to stay with family who don't happen to have very good internet access. My priority is to shore up my savings because I've virtually neglected them. I've been under a ton of stress over this as well as trying to do this job. On Friday I basically got the news that I can't delay leaving any longer and I had to make arrangements to move.

I am so sorry to hear this and will keep you in my prayers.  You've always been one of the better posters both in and outside of Atlasia and easily the best GM we've had during my time here.  You don't have to explain yourself to anyone here, least of all SirNick.  As for SirNick, Kalwejt said about all there is to say better than I could. 
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2015, 07:39:41 PM »

I warmly welcome the nomination of Kalwejt as GM by the President. Kal and I have been friends and partners in Atlasia for five and a half years, and I consider him a personal friend as well.

I am thrilled to serve as his deputy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies