Israel General Election Thread: March 17 2015
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:50:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel General Election Thread: March 17 2015
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 56
Author Topic: Israel General Election Thread: March 17 2015  (Read 168236 times)
Hnv1
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: March 16, 2015, 02:03:15 PM »

last minute prediction: JH will fall and likud will boost up to maybe even Labour who did the mistake of not attacking Lapid enough. Shas also falls badly
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #851 on: March 16, 2015, 02:12:13 PM »

last minute prediction: JH will fall and likud will boost up to maybe even Labour who did the mistake of not attacking Lapid enough. Shas also falls badly

I already had a feeling that Likud might end up better than the polls said. That's why I already upwheighted Likud in my prediction yesterday. Now they might even finish ahead of the ZU, with the latest right-wing stunt ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #852 on: March 16, 2015, 02:13:55 PM »

When will the polls close tomorrow in Israel? I would like to follow the results.

I guess at 10pm local time, which is 9pm CET or 4pm EST.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #853 on: March 16, 2015, 02:28:31 PM »

My prediction:
ZU: 24
Likud: 21
JL: 14
Yesh Atid: 14
JH: 10
Kulanu: 9
Shas: 7
UTJ: 6
Meretz: 6
YB: 5
Yachad: 4
DL
Canada

« Reply #854 on: March 16, 2015, 02:33:15 PM »

Weren't people speculating that ditching Livni from the PM rotation could net the ZU an extra two seats? who would those come from?
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #855 on: March 16, 2015, 03:07:10 PM »

If Lapid is "kingmaker", would he back Netanyahu or Herzog for PM?
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #856 on: March 16, 2015, 03:10:54 PM »

If Lapid is "kingmaker", would he back Netanyahu or Herzog for PM?
Herzog, unless he's a hypocrite. The real kingmaker is Kahlon.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #857 on: March 16, 2015, 03:16:05 PM »

I agree with danny and MalaspinaGold, it is not likely that 1. The Arabs would sit with a religious Jewish party  

Balad and Raam will not sit with any Jewish party. Most likely, the Joint List would not join any government. But they may be able to support it from the outside.

However, I do not think there is anything in particular that makes Shas a less acceptable coalition partner than, say, YA. If anything, Shas and many of the Arabs speak much the same language and understand each other better.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #858 on: March 16, 2015, 03:32:11 PM »

A crucial question is what will happen to YB, Yachad and Meretz.

I am still to find anybody, who is openly planning to vote for YB. I have seen some Russian-language bloggers who are voting Likud (mostly), JH (many, though many saying they might switch to Likud),  Yachad, YA, Kulanu and even Meretz (actually, probably even the Joint Kist, but I have not checked the usual suspects). But I am still to see anybody saying they would vote or advocating voting for YB. If they fail to cross the 3.25% threshold it would change the coalition calculus quite a bit. Of coruse, Yachad and Meretz are also in danger. This might be the main source for surpizes tomorrow.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #859 on: March 16, 2015, 03:37:38 PM »

Ok, let me try my forecast. Probably, completely off.

ZU 25
Likud 24
Joint List 13
YA 12
Kulanu 11
JH 9
Shas 7
UTJ 6
Meretz 5
YB 4
Yachad 4
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #860 on: March 16, 2015, 03:39:11 PM »

I am still to find anybody, who is openly planning to vote for YB. I have seen some Russian-language bloggers who are voting Likud (mostly), JH (many, though many saying they might switch to Likud),  Yachad, YA, Kulanu and even Meretz (actually, probably even the Joint Kist, but I have not checked the usual suspects). But I am still to see anybody saying they would vote or advocating voting for YB. If they fail to cross the 3.25% threshold it would change the coalition calculus quite a bit. Of coruse, Yachad and Meretz are also in danger. This might be the main source for surpizes tomorrow.

Link or it didn't happen.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #861 on: March 16, 2015, 04:03:59 PM »

Not at all qualified to make a prediction, but for the sake of peace and stability I hope Bibi is ousted.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #862 on: March 16, 2015, 04:19:08 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2015, 05:06:18 PM by ag »

I am still to find anybody, who is openly planning to vote for YB. I have seen some Russian-language bloggers who are voting Likud (mostly), JH (many, though many saying they might switch to Likud),  Yachad, YA, Kulanu and even Meretz (actually, probably even the Joint Kist, but I have not checked the usual suspects). But I am still to see anybody saying they would vote or advocating voting for YB. If they fail to cross the 3.25% threshold it would change the coalition calculus quite a bit. Of coruse, Yachad and Meretz are also in danger. This might be the main source for surpizes tomorrow.

Инджой

http://abu-tir.livejournal.com/?skip=20

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200362949672241&set=p.10200362949672241&type=1

And here the guy is, at least, considering this

http://yaqir-mamlal.livejournal.com/277263.html?thread=8781583
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #863 on: March 16, 2015, 04:33:39 PM »

Bibi has cut a last-minute campaign ad featuring Chuck Norris.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #864 on: March 16, 2015, 04:35:14 PM »

I know quite a few Russians who vote Meretz I'm not surprised by this at all. BTW fun fact, in the 90s they took all party platforms translated it to Russian and erased party names and Meretz platform was most popular among Russian immigrants.

Regarding Yachad I assume it's Russiam supporting Marzel (most of the hardcore of Kach were Americans and Russians) not so much supporting Yishai the 'papuas' (dirty word I heard some Russians call him when he was in Shas)
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #865 on: March 16, 2015, 04:51:14 PM »

Bibi has cut a last-minute campaign ad featuring Chuck Norris.

Is this something that Israeli voters would respond to? From an outsider's perspective (and, admittedly, a very badly informed one) this seems like the height of absurdity - and possibly a sign of desperation.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #866 on: March 16, 2015, 05:03:03 PM »

Ah, of course, Meretz

http://varana.livejournal.com/937972.html?thread=6852596#t6852596

http://kandidych.livejournal.com/2112992.html

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #867 on: March 16, 2015, 05:04:39 PM »

Regarding Yachad I assume it's Russiam supporting Marzel (most of the hardcore of Kach were Americans and Russians) not so much supporting Yishai the 'papuas' (dirty word I heard some Russians call him when he was in Shas)

Among "Russians proper", that is, of course, what it is. If we expand to "Soviets", there are also, possibly, some of the Bukharans and the Georgians. But that sector I know next to nothing about.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #868 on: March 16, 2015, 05:30:03 PM »

Among "Russians proper", that is, of course, what it is. If we expand to "Soviets", there are also, possibly, some of the Bukharans and the Georgians. But that sector I know next to nothing about.
I don't really group them together either and can't say I know much of their voting patterns. I did a quick look on some towns and cities I know there's a big 'Kavkaz' population and it seems Likud+YB dominated very strongly last time with JH coming second and surprisingly YA third. They are generally more religious compared to the secular Russians yet I still doubt even Yishai can appeal to them
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #869 on: March 16, 2015, 05:47:40 PM »

I don't really group them together either and can't say I know much of their voting patterns. I did a quick look on some towns and cities I know there's a big 'Kavkaz' population and it seems Likud+YB dominated very strongly last time with JH coming second and surprisingly YA third. They are generally more religious compared to the secular Russians yet I still doubt even Yishai can appeal to them

Well, considering that Shas has recently had a Bukharan and a Georgian MK, why not?
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #870 on: March 16, 2015, 05:52:20 PM »

From what I understand currrent Shasnik Avraham Michaeli was Georgian and was allied with Yishai...
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #871 on: March 16, 2015, 05:59:10 PM »

From what I understand currrent Shasnik Avraham Michaeli was Georgian and was allied with Yishai...

Was, and is.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #872 on: March 16, 2015, 06:09:57 PM »

http://www.timesofisrael.com/livni-forgoes-premiership-rotation-with-herzog/

Livni forgoes rotating premiership with Herzog

October surprise ?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #873 on: March 16, 2015, 06:17:52 PM »

More specifically, she says  she would forgo it if necessary for coalition formation.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #874 on: March 16, 2015, 06:19:38 PM »

Well, considering that Shas has recently had a Bukharan and a Georgian MK, why not?
Might be with earlier immigrants\very religious ones. I just can't see the appeal for more traditionalists with Yishai. But can't say I know that sector very well so we'll have and see the results to see if there was any sway  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 56  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies