Israel General Election Thread: March 17 2015
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:18:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel General Election Thread: March 17 2015
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 56
Author Topic: Israel General Election Thread: March 17 2015  (Read 168133 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: March 17, 2015, 10:25:34 PM »

Is it more likely that Kahlon will recommend Netanyahu or Herzog, because at this point it looks like he will be the Kingmaker

It doesn't look like that, Buji has no coalition even with Kachlon, so Bibi is king by default, Kachlon will just have to recognize it and go with Bibi like Lapid did last time.

He does have an option: insist on the grand coalition. There are many reasons he would, probably, prefer to got with Netanyahu, but he does have an option. So he, certainly, may bargain.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1176 on: March 17, 2015, 10:25:58 PM »

So the last-minute "no statehood" pledge worked?

Yep. And, BTW, very likely it is exactly the one that is going to hold. Because another 10 years, and the Arabs will not be asking for a state.

Why not?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1177 on: March 17, 2015, 10:27:55 PM »

Yep. And, BTW, very likely it is exactly the one that is going to hold. Because another 10 years, and the Arabs will not be asking for a state.

Why not?

They might think they can take over demographically in the long run.

However, the Orthodox baby boom is likely to blunt that.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1178 on: March 17, 2015, 10:28:18 PM »

I'm 99.999999999999% certain that isn't going to be the case.

Do not be that certain. Because they will be asking for the vote.
danny
Israel

« Reply #1179 on: March 17, 2015, 10:28:39 PM »

Is it more likely that Kahlon will recommend Netanyahu or Herzog, because at this point it looks like he will be the Kingmaker

It doesn't look like that, Buji has no coalition even with Kachlon, so Bibi is king by default, Kachlon will just have to recognize it and go with Bibi like Lapid did last time.

He does have an option: insist on the grand coalition. There are many reasons he would, probably, prefer to got with Netanyahu, but he does have an option. So he, certainly, may bargain.

Kachlon doesn't need to demand such a thing, as long as there is no rotation (and with these results, there can't be), Bibi would probably prefer to add ZU, but I don't think ZU would agree, so it wouldn't matter what Kachlon wants.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1180 on: March 17, 2015, 10:29:16 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2015, 10:34:06 PM by Famous Mortimer »

They won't want THEIR OWN state, they will want the whole state.

I wouldn't be surprised if they got it in the next 10 years either.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1181 on: March 17, 2015, 10:29:36 PM »

My Hebrew isn't perfect, what colors represent which party?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1182 on: March 17, 2015, 10:33:31 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2015, 10:35:58 PM by DavidB. »

Light blue = Likud
Red = ZU
Yellow = UTJ
Light grey = Yachad
Dark grey = Shas
Rose = YB
Dark blue = Bayit Yehudi
Light green = Arabs
Purple = Kulanu
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1183 on: March 17, 2015, 10:42:36 PM »

If my calculation is right, if the threshold were 2%, Yachad would have had 4 seats, costing one each to ZU, YA, YB and UTJ. And if there were no threshold whatsoever, as in the golden days past, Ale Yarok would have taken a seat off Likud.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1184 on: March 17, 2015, 10:44:38 PM »

If my calculation is right, if the threshold were 2%, Yachad would have had 4 seats, costing one each to ZU, YA, YB and UTJ. And if there were no threshold whatsoever, as in the golden days past, Ale Yarok would have taken a seat off Likud.
Would be the best. Ale Yarok and Yachad deserve representation. Israel might need more stability but it also deserves pluralism. And outlawing soft drugs is really stupid.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1185 on: March 17, 2015, 10:48:04 PM »

Kachlon doesn't need to demand such a thing, as long as there is no rotation (and with these results, there can't be), Bibi would probably prefer to add ZU, but I don't think ZU would agree, so it wouldn't matter what Kachlon wants.

Well, on that you are, probably, right.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1186 on: March 17, 2015, 10:48:40 PM »

They won't want THEIR OWN state, they will want the whole state.

I wouldn't be surprised if they got it in the next 10 years either.

No, it won't be 10 years. More like 25. But today's result makes it much more probable.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1187 on: March 17, 2015, 10:54:20 PM »

Seems like a chunk of conservative/religious vote came in. UTJ nearly caught up with YB, and JL is lagging a bit behind now.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1188 on: March 17, 2015, 11:02:03 PM »

Is there a single place in Israel where Kulanu placed first? I can find places where all other parties won, but while Kulanu has lots of second- and third-place performances, I can't find anywhere they won.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1189 on: March 17, 2015, 11:04:40 PM »

Is there a single place in Israel where Kulanu placed first? I can find places where all other parties won, but while Kulanu has lots of second- and third-place performances, I can't find anywhere they won.

Nvm, I found a place -- small moshav in the north called, funnily enough, Lapidot. Results from there:

28% Kulanu
25% Likud
18% Shas
12% Zionist Union
6% Meretz
5% Yesh Atid
remainder others

Basically just a vote split. But most other parties -- even small ones like Meretz, Yahad, and Yisrael Beiteinu -- have strongholds they won overwhelmingly. Not the case for Kulanu.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1190 on: March 17, 2015, 11:05:15 PM »

Well, that seems to be it for the night. Netanyahu won. Still hoping for the 14th seat for the JL, but, otherwise, there is not much that may happen here.

It will be a lot more fun in 2040 Smiley
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1191 on: March 17, 2015, 11:06:33 PM »

BB is Prime Minister for another 4 years with a divided parliament.

Palestine needs its own state. State by state next to Israel, isn't the answer, with these results.  

As Iran will continue to build nuke bombs, but Assad should be thrown from power.
danny
Israel

« Reply #1192 on: March 17, 2015, 11:06:53 PM »

They won in some Druze places like Daliat Al-Karmel Isfiya, Hurfesh.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1193 on: March 17, 2015, 11:07:34 PM »

Palestine needs its own state. State by state next to Israel, isn't the answer, with these results.  

What does that mean? Are you proposing to send the non-Jews to Antarctica, or what?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1194 on: March 17, 2015, 11:13:01 PM »

For some reason Haaretz gives 14 seats to JL and only 6 to YB. They also give 10 to Kulanu and 4 to Meretz. Who knows what I am doing wrong.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1195 on: March 17, 2015, 11:13:21 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2015, 11:16:55 PM by sex-negative feminist prude »

I'm glad to see that the Democratic party's second attempt to swing an Israeli election has failed miserably, unlike their first attempt under Clinton which led to the election of Barak.

Oh please. The Republicans let Netanyahu use them as a backdrop for his dishonest, bellicose, alienating, almost palpably sleazy 'statesman' theatrics because they thought it would help them score points against a president who's already a lame duck. That's significantly more abject than anything the Clinton administration did.
danny
Israel

« Reply #1196 on: March 17, 2015, 11:14:18 PM »

After 4.016M votes (95.11% of the total, and I think the rest or almost all of it is counted tomorrow with soldiers prisoners etc.):

Likud: 23.26
Zionist Union: 18.73
Joint List: 10.98
Yesh Atid: 8.78
Kulanu: 7.41
Jewish Home: 6.41
Shas: 5.80
Yisrael Beitenu: 5.17
United Torah Judaism: 5.16
Meretz: 3.89
Yachad: 2.98
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1197 on: March 17, 2015, 11:16:12 PM »

Akram Hassoon should really have been higher on the list than twelfth place Smiley

Daliyat Al-Karmel is a 38-23 victory for Kulanu over Labor; not much of a landslide by Israeli municipality standards, but impressive for Kulanu. (It's a little unreal in a democratic society to see town after town having a result of over 95% for the Joint List).
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1198 on: March 17, 2015, 11:22:44 PM »

I'm glad to see that the Democratic party's second attempt to swing an Israeli election has failed miserably, unlike their first attempt under Clinton which led to the election of Barak.

Oh please. The Republicans let Netanyahu use them as a backdrop for his dishonest, bellicose, alienating, almost palpably sleazy 'statesman' theatrics because they thought it would help them score points against a president who's already a lame duck. That's significantly more abject than anything the Clinton administration did.

Good to see that someone called out that crazy statement.
danny
Israel

« Reply #1199 on: March 17, 2015, 11:23:49 PM »

Akram Hassoon should really have been higher on the list than twelfth place Smiley

Daliyat Al-Karmel is a 38-23 victory for Kulanu over Labor; not much of a landslide by Israeli municipality standards, but impressive for Kulanu. (It's a little unreal in a democratic society to see town after town having a result of over 95% for the Joint List).

And this is after passing Kadima over the threshold last elections, Hasson definitely deserves to get in to the Knesset, he probably brought more votes for Kulanu than the rest of the list combined (except Kachlon himself).
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 56  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies