Israel General Election Thread: March 17 2015 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:58:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel General Election Thread: March 17 2015 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel General Election Thread: March 17 2015  (Read 168558 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: February 17, 2015, 03:05:24 PM »

Israelis hate the Jews. What else is new?

Even before Israel was founded they appealed to British authorities to ban Yiddish-language press. Frankly, it is extremely hard for me to see the reasons for the rosy view of my fellow diaspora Jews of this nation of uniformed ispravniks and beard-cutters.

And, right now, it's quite clear than Netanyahu would do anything to increase immigration to Israel, including endangering Jews in Europe.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 01:53:25 AM »

Question: You are opposed to a Jewish state, a Jewish state in Holy Land (like the Montreal Hasidics) or just opposed to religion-based states?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 02:06:34 AM »

So, your issue with Israel is than they act like if they are the voice of the Jewish people?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 06:31:31 AM »

Word is, prepare for heavy turnout. The official election website has crashed (see, Bibi can't even make a silly website!)

Neither could Obama!

So, the polls close at noon Pacific Daylight time?

13:00

Thanks!

More proof that I couldn't get a math degree.

Well, you would be right 11 months a year. It's just than we are on Summer Time, while Israel (and Europe) do the switch on the last weekend of March.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 01:34:22 PM »

No country with a non-Lutheran Protestant majority has elections on a Sunday, and it is no coincidence: once upon a time, it would have been viewed as very problematic.

France?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 03:47:14 PM »

G-d willing these exit polls are right and a right-wing coalition is formed.
Hamas says the same thing

The idea that of religion disgusts most of you, doesn't it? Comparing everything to religious extremism does not make it so.

No, it's Hamas themselves who said than they wished than Likud would win.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 04:36:43 PM »

Why is it that everyone assumes the (possible) election of Herzog as PM is magically going to make everything better; if he's relying upon a support base stretching from Balad to Kulanu the methinks his government is liable to end up as a total trainwreck.

Can he really do worse than Netanyahu? I doubt it. I expect a milder foreign rhetoric with no real change in action and a focus on the pressing domestic issues neglected by Likud.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies