People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. JoMCaR
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:39:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. JoMCaR
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. JoMCaR  (Read 1139 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 02, 2014, 09:08:01 AM »

In my capacity as the Attorney General of the Republic of Atlasia I hereby charge JoMCaR with voter fraud under the terms of the Re-Consolidated Criminal Justice Act:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The constitutional article dealing with trials states the following:

According to the aforementioned Re-Consolidates Criminal Justice Act evidence may present in one of the following manners:

I thank the honorable Judges for their attention. Should the Supreme Court decide to hear the case I will be ready to present evidence on this matter.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 05:35:29 PM »

Well, my admission was made a long time ago. Not much to say about it. I'll accept the Court's decision.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 05:46:11 PM »

With the hope this means they follow the law as it is, of course Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 03:00:56 AM »

This has been seen. Are we to take it that Mr. JoMCaR is not contesting the charges?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 03:23:38 PM »

Official Atlasia Supreme Court Release
Nyman, DC

People of the Republic of Atlasia v. JoMCaR

The Supreme Court of Atlasia has discussed this matter and designated Chief Justice bgwah to preside over the trial of JoMCaR, who stands accused of voter fraud.

The Court reminds the defendant that he has the right to legal counsel as guaranteed in Art. III, §2 of the Constitution. If he wishes to waive this right he should inform the Court of this.

These proceedings shall be governed according to  Art. III, §2 the Constitution of Atlasia, in conjunction with the Re-Consolidated Criminal Justice Act (2013).

Should the defendant plead no contest or enter a guilty plea, the jury empanelling process will be bypassed and the presiding Justice will proceed to sentencing.

The details of the trial will be announced upon the entry of a plea and the Attorney General and Mr. JoMCaR being informed.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 09:46:43 PM »

This has been seen. Are we to take it that Mr. JoMCaR is not contesting the charges?

Well, my admission was made a long time ago. Not much to say about it. I'll accept the Court's decision.

I guess I wasn't explicit in the past post, but I pledge guilty.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 05:56:39 AM »

I confirm that the prosecution has taken notice of the defendant's guilty plea.

Before the court issues a verdict in this case I would like to remind the honorable Justice of the fact that JoMCaR was already punished for the offense he committed when he was temporarily banned from the forum. Indeed, I believe it would be justified if the court took this fact into consideration and interpreted it in favor of the defendant.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 09:13:51 PM »

I confirm that the prosecution has taken notice of the defendant's guilty plea.

Before the court issues a verdict in this case I would like to remind the honorable Justice of the fact that JoMCaR was already punished for the offense he committed when he was temporarily banned from the forum. Indeed, I believe it would be justified if the court took this fact into consideration and interpreted it in favor of the defendant.

Fair enough ^^
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 12:25:23 AM »

The guilty plea has been noted, but will the AG please present his case & evidence regardless?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 11:51:32 AM »

Back in August JoMCaR was found to have created three sock accounts and was subsequently banned from the Atlas Forum for three months:

JoMCaR has been banned for 90 days.  His three sock accounts (WrathOfTheGods, WorkingClassBro, and Dr. Liberty) are permabanned.

Prior to that, the defendant had entered two of his socks into the tally of registered voters:

Creating sock accounts and adding them to the tally of registered voters is righfully considered a severe offense and therefore listed in the Re-Consolidated Criminal Justice Act as one of seven crimes against Atlasia which may be punished by a one-year ban from voting and officeholding in Atlasia.

However, I would like to highlight three additional facts which I consider important and potentially favorable to the defendant; firstly, JoMCaR's swift admission of guilt, secondly, the above-mentioned previous ban of three months the defendant already received, and, finally, the lack of malicious intent. In fact, JoMCaR entered two identities into the tally of registered voters who were diametrically opposed when it comes to their ideological and partisan background. Thus, it can be argued that the defendant probably did not attempt to aid or hurt a particular Atlasian party or ideological group.

If the court wishes to hear me in regard to sentencing, I will gladly provide my point of view.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2014, 06:48:23 PM »

If the court wishes to hear me in regard to sentencing, I will gladly provide my point of view.

Please do.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 04:05:18 PM »

Considering the mitigating factors I outlined in my previous post I think a ban from voting and officeholding of three months each seems sufficient.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2014, 02:26:58 PM »

Considering the mitigating factors I outlined in my previous post I think a ban from voting and officeholding of three months each seems sufficient.

I could agree to this ^^
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 10:58:01 AM »

Thank you both. Unless you have further comments, I will post a decision shortly.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 03:29:53 PM »

Supreme Court of Atlasia
Nyman, DC

People of the Republic of Atlasia v. JoMCar

Sentencing.

(The presiding judge, Justice bgwah, sentenced the defendant after he plead guilty to the charges against him.)

Over the years, many individuals have attempted to register multiple accounts into Atlasia's voter rolls. The motivation may not always be the same, but it is one of the more serious crimes we regularly encounter. As such, the crime and punishment are clearly defined in the Re-Consolidated Criminal Justice Act.

With confirmation from the forum moderation staff and a guilty plea, it is clear that JoMCar registered multiple accounts simultaneously.

The Court appreciates JoMCar's honesty in this matter, and agrees with the Attorney General that it should be considered in sentencing. Furthermore, JoMCar has already been punished by the forum moderation staff via a 90 day ban from the forum, which is by extension a ban from Atlasia.

JoMCar, having plead guilty, is hereby sentenced to a ban of three months from voting in Atlasian elections and holding any office under the Republic of Atlasia, at any level of government. He will be allowed to return on March 20th, 2015.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies