People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Alfred F. Jones (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:21:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Alfred F. Jones (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Alfred F. Jones  (Read 3085 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: December 06, 2014, 11:36:13 PM »

I will be representing the defendant.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 08:34:11 PM »

I would like to enter negotiations with the Attorney General for a plea bargain. I request the minimum sentence he would find amenable.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 03:04:34 AM »

I move to formally request the prosecution to accept a conditional plea.

Conditional on the acceptance of the above by all parties, my client wishes to conditionally plead guilty of all charges, on the condition that he is not prohibited from voting for a greater duration of time than two months.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 10:26:37 PM »

I move to formally request the prosecution to accept a conditional plea.

Conditional on the acceptance of the above by all parties, my client wishes to conditionally plead guilty of all charges, on the condition that he is not prohibited from voting for a greater duration of time than two months.

The maximum sentence for acts of treason is, according to the Re-Consolidated Criminal Justice Act, a lifetime ban from voting and holding any office under the Republic of Atlasia. Indeed, Alfred F. Jones' case appears very similar to the case of Snowstalker, who was sentenced to a three-year ban from voting and a lifetime ban from holding any office. While I appreciate the defendant's readiness to plead guilty I must say that a mere two-month ban from voting would seem a very lenient form of punishment, to put it mildly.

mitigating circumstances exist, including the fact that my client never threatened the use of nuclear weapons against the republic, and indeed did not directly threaten the use of violence against anyone. the terrorism charge is, in its entirety, a stretch. You can add whatever ban on office-holding you want on top of the two month ban, but two-months ban on voting is the most my client will agree to for purposes of a plea bargain.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 01:54:36 PM »

I am now consulting with my client concerning the plea deal.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 06:09:05 PM »

My client conditionally agrees to conditionally plea guilty on the condition that his sentence gives him a voting ban of no greater than six months, on the condition that the judge accepts and adheres to the conditional plea.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 09:54:34 AM »

Excellent! Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies