Racial divide on Ferguson indictment is almost identical to 2014 House vote
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:25:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Racial divide on Ferguson indictment is almost identical to 2014 House vote
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Racial divide on Ferguson indictment is almost identical to 2014 House vote  (Read 6148 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2014, 07:14:14 AM »
« edited: December 04, 2014, 12:55:28 PM by True Federalist »

It means 58% of whites in this country are degenerates.

Getting a little tired of this shtick from my fellows on the left. You're not going to win anyone over to your side with that kind of nonsense.

It's not nonsense and I'm not trying to win anyone over. The hicks can stay in hickland.

You live in Missouri.  Even when you tell someone you're from Kansas City, no one is going to think you're awesome or anything.

The geographical elitism on this board is sickening.  Let me guess, Maine and Vermont aren't hick states because they vote for your favorite team's party's nominee?  Just stupid.

FTR, I personally would consider Maine and Vermont hick states, just from looking at per capita income and demography (minorities tend to congregate in and around areas that are more developed and contributory to economies/societies). They vote Democratic mostly because they're virtually homogeneous states, racially-speaking, and don't possess the same cultural conflict that tends to lead to political parties becoming largely segregated by race. Increase Maine's non-white population to 40% and then see how the "natives" start voting.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2014, 12:50:21 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2014, 12:56:06 PM by True Federalist »

Getting a little tired of this shtick from my fellows on the left. You're not going to win anyone over to your side with that kind of nonsense.

It's not nonsense and I'm not trying to win anyone over. The hicks can stay in hickland.

You live in Missouri.  Even when you tell someone you're from Kansas City, no one is going to think you're awesome or anything.

The geographical elitism on this board is sickening.  Let me guess, Maine and Vermont aren't hick states because they vote for your favorite team's party's nominee?  Just stupid.

FTR, I personally would consider Maine and Vermont hick states, just from looking at per capita income and demography (minorities tend to congregate in and around areas that are more developed and contributory to economies/societies). They vote Democratic mostly because they're virtually homogeneous states, racially-speaking, and don't possess the same cultural conflict that tends to lead to political parties becoming largely segregated by race. Increase Maine's non-white population to 40% and then see how the "natives" start voting.

I'm perfectly fine with thinking of my home state that way.  There are a lot of very kind people up here who love nature and want the government the hell out of their lives.

I hope you're aware of how the country views Georgia, however. Wink

FTR, I'm not one to hate on any state I've never been to and even then I'm hesitant.  Home is home, and each state has its charms.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2014, 12:57:02 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2014, 01:12:08 PM by True Federalist »

But then there's the likes of North & South Dakota, who have no significant minority population, but still vote solidly Republican.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2014, 05:02:58 PM »

Since I'm a Green, where does that leave me?

You're watching Republicans watch the Les Miserable larp fest and asking "how can people be so cruel?" and "how can anyone believe in this sort of system?".

Libertarians are outside of the theater, handing out fliers to tell people most of the problems have already been solved by embracing social and economic freedom, rather than choosing one or the other.

Okay you deserve points for how funny these comments is.
Kraxner
Rookie

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2014, 06:44:36 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2014, 06:47:15 PM by Kraxner »

But then there's the likes of North & South Dakota, who have no significant minority population, but still vote solidly Republican.

They have been republican states since 1892, going for democrats only four times the past 100 years.

Plus the energy boom and the spillover economic boost from it on south dakota despite having less oil is making them more conservative economically, most energy extracting states and counties whether its oil in ND and texas, or coal in wyoming, wv or kentucky, or gas in louisiana and oklahoma, tend to be more economically conservative leaning, now you ever wonder why the democrat party and the democrat party base loves to destroy these the the energy industries? Cheesy
GaussLaw
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2014, 08:35:49 PM »

Im asian and most of my circle is mainly asian, make it 75% for approval of the grand jury's decision.

Being on the sidelines from the racial politics, a lot more of us have read the evidence and taken the events as a whole instead of taking one piece for racial agitation.

The 25% that don't are usually hard left/liberal/progressive holdouts who have decided to ignore the evidence in order to be social justice warriors.

Also the only education group that disapproves of the decision by net per net, is those with high school education or less.

I'm a little surprised by the "College Degree" vote being that strongly in favor of Ferguson's lack of indictment.  Is there a reason why less educated white moderates/conservatives are more sympathetic to Brown than those w/ degrees?
KCDem

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2014, 08:38:00 PM »

Im asian and most of my circle is mainly asian, make it 75% for approval of the grand jury's decision.

Being on the sidelines from the racial politics, a lot more of us have read the evidence and taken the events as a whole instead of taking one piece for racial agitation.

The 25% that don't are usually hard left/liberal/progressive holdouts who have decided to ignore the evidence in order to be social justice warriors.

Also the only education group that disapproves of the decision by net per net, is those with high school education or less.

I'm a little surprised by the "College Degree" vote being that strongly in favor of Ferguson's lack of indictment.  Is there a reason why less educated white moderates/conservatives are more sympathetic to Brown than those w/ degrees?

Minorities are less likely to have a college degree.
Kraxner
Rookie

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 09:21:30 PM »

Heres the full poll which you can adjust for race, sex, party, ideology, etc etc

Its a poll of all of the 1,000 that responded to the survey and included hispanics and blacks not just whites.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/page/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2014/12/02/National-Politics/Polling/question_15038.xml?uuid=FLp0InngEeSCQYzAo2cCOQ#

Check out the results for income...
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2014, 10:15:33 PM »

Another factor in the education data that mirrors the political data is the fall-off in support for those with advanced degrees. It is observed that the most reliable Pubs by education are those with a bachelors degree, but not a masters or higher. Those who got post-baccalaureate degrees are the only group of white registered voters by education (Pew 2012) who favor Dems (D+8), compared to those with a college degree (R+7), some college (R+12) and HS or less (R+9).
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2014, 11:10:32 PM »

Another factor in the education data that mirrors the political data is the fall-off in support for those with advanced degrees. It is observed that the most reliable Pubs by education are those with a bachelors degree, but not a masters or higher. Those who got post-baccalaureate degrees are the only group of white registered voters by education (Pew 2012) who favor Dems (D+8), compared to those with a college degree (R+7), some college (R+12) and HS or less (R+9).

I thought that the "Some College" group is the most reliably Republican of the educational cohorts (at least, in recent years).
GaussLaw
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2014, 11:13:06 PM »

I thought that the "Some College" group is the most reliably Republican of the educational cohorts (at least, in recent years).

Indeed.  This is why I was so surprised by how strongly the Bachelor's degree group broke against Michael Brown/in favor of Darrel Wilson.  Presumably this is because more minorities get an associates degree/some college compared to whites, but that number looks awfully high for those with a bachelor's compared to the "some college" group.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2014, 11:22:28 PM »

But we don't see that trend expressed at all in the >$100K income bracket.  Wouldn't people with postgrad education dominate or at least be nearly half of the >$100K households category?
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2014, 11:36:22 PM »

But we don't see that trend expressed at all in the >$100K income bracket.  Wouldn't people with postgrad education dominate or at least be nearly half of the >$100K households category?

No. It's true that the postgrads will be more likely to earn more than 100K, but that is more than over-balanced by the small number of postgrads to grads. Bachelors degree holders have a good rate of earnings growth in business and tech/engineering fields and they can get to 100K during prime earning years in numbers to overtake the postgrads who get there (and there are many postgrads who don't).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2014, 09:30:39 AM »

So Democrats are rioting and burning down their own commercial districts and economic opportunities. Tell us something we didn't already know.

Ferguson is a microcosm. Democratic voters can only rage, and give world-class amateur productions of Les Miserable. Republicans sit in the audience with their popcorn buckets and evaluate the individual performances.

Sharpton could use some acting lessons, imo.

99% of the rioting vandals arern't registered voters.

Your 'politics' really are just a pretext for fundamental character flaws.

Please stop making grotesque posts which embarrass the rest of blue avatars.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2014, 07:08:08 PM »

Something regarding the march towards the Missouri capitol by protesters:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2014, 07:13:10 PM »

The mirror doesn't make people fat, and the social commentary isn't the problem. If people don't like the macabre harlequin slapstick on the news every night, they need to mend their ways.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2014, 07:37:35 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2014, 08:08:53 PM by RR1997 »

I'd love to see what we Asian-Americans feel about the Ferguson indictment. I hate it when we are excluded from polls like these.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2014, 07:51:24 PM »

The mirror doesn't make people fat, and the social commentary isn't the problem. If people don't like the macabre harlequin slapstick on the news every night, they need to mend their ways.

Your pseudo-intellectual attempts at profundity, well, just suck.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2014, 08:09:19 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2014, 08:12:08 PM by RR1997 »

Minorities are less likely to have a college degree.

That's not necessarily true."Minorities" is a very broad term. For example we Asian-American have college graduation rates that are much higher than the graduation rates of whites and other Americans in general. I hate it when a minority group becomes sucessful they're suddenly not a minority anymore. For example, people always talk about how Silicon Valley has a "diversity problem" and "lacks minorities" when in reality there are plenty of East and South Asians in the Valley. Although it's true that Silicon Valley does lack African-American and Hispanic people (which is disgusting IMO), it most certainly doesn't lack "minorities". While discrimination against African-Americans is a serious issue, I hate all the self-hatred coming from young guilty white guys. There is nothing wrong with being proud about the fact that you're white.

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2014, 08:14:07 PM »

There is nothing wrong with being proud about the fact that you're white.

Why would anyone be "proud" of the fact that they're white? Huh

I'm white, it's a fact, no need to assign a value judgement to it-whether it's positive or negative.

(this is obviously different for racial minority groups that have experienced a history of discrimination and marginalization).
RR1997
United States

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2014, 08:17:47 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2014, 08:41:57 PM by RR1997 »

There is nothing wrong with being proud about the fact that you're white.

Why would anyone be "proud" of the fact that they're white? Huh

I'm white, it's a fact, no need to assign a value judgement to it-whether it's positive or negative.

(this is obviously different for racial minority groups that have experienced a history of discrimination and marginalization).
Forget that last sentence. I just kind of said that because I hate it when people overreact when someone claims to be proud that they're white. Patriotism/being overly proud of anything is generally awful all together, no matter what your race is (although patriotism is okay in some circumstances).
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2014, 08:17:54 PM »

The problem for the vast majority of Asians is that we're like the new relative that walked into a play about a family feud in the 23rd act, witness a few minutes of arguing, and then think we should lecture the participants on how to behave. Yes, the Chinese built the railroads and the Japanese were interned and Korean stores were burnt down in 1992, but for the most part this is between black and white, Asians aren't really fully involved in it.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2014, 09:02:57 PM »

I'm only proud of what I have accomplished myself.
GaussLaw
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2014, 11:34:16 PM »

So Democrats are rioting and burning down their own commercial districts and economic opportunities. Tell us something we didn't already know.

is a microcosm. Democratic voters can only rage, and give world-class amateur productions of Les Miserable. Republicans sit in the audience with their popcorn buckets and evaluate the individual performances.

Sharpton could use some , imo.

Please stop making grotesque posts which embarrass the rest of blue .

Truth.  AggregateDemand is the cancer of southern blue avatars, making us respectable ones like me, Yankee, and Del Tachi look bad.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2014, 04:39:40 PM »

Truth.  AggregateDemand is the cancer of southern blue avatars, making us respectable ones like me, Yankee, and Del Tachi look bad.

You guys believe that once you disperse the crowds, the circumstances that led to the rioting will also disappear. Truth is that some of you are dumber than the Democrats who support property destruction and violence against police as a means of demonstrating.

Blue avatar stands for competence, not propriety and piousness. You see all of these people wrecking their own towns and stealing as a means of acquiring modest amenities? They exist because you let the Donkeys run roughshod over the lower middle classes, and they persist because you're not willing to fix any problem that creates moral ambiguity or challenges your narrow interpretation of moral propriety. You're like a bunch of missionaries who worry about the damage to their reputation if someone sees them witnessing at a whore house.

The orange and green avatars know more about the depths of Democratic depravity than you clowns. They incorrectly identify it as neoliberalism, but at least they can see it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies