Racial divide on Ferguson indictment is almost identical to 2014 House vote
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:46:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Racial divide on Ferguson indictment is almost identical to 2014 House vote
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Racial divide on Ferguson indictment is almost identical to 2014 House vote  (Read 6138 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 02, 2014, 09:20:27 PM »

But what does it mean?
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 10:07:05 PM »

I think it means it's mostly only Republicans who support the failure to indict.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 10:59:01 PM »

It means that the perverse, crippling football team mentality continues to plague every social and political issue that becomes remotely important.
KCDem

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 11:04:11 PM »

It means 58% of whites in this country are degenerates.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 11:11:02 PM »

Getting a little tired of this shtick from my fellows on the left. You're not going to win anyone over to your side with that kind of nonsense.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 12:04:06 AM »

It means that the perverse, crippling football team mentality continues to plague every social and political issue that becomes remotely important.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 12:15:30 AM »

KCDem

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 12:21:43 AM »

Getting a little tired of this shtick from my fellows on the left. You're not going to win anyone over to your side with that kind of nonsense.

It's not nonsense and I'm not trying to win anyone over. The hicks can stay in hickland.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 12:38:30 AM »

As a rule I defer to the findings of a criminal court -- and if it is a choice between treating Darren Wilson as a sacrificial goat so that a bad police force gets away with its apparent awfulness in community relations and officer training, Darren Wilson must avoid punishment and the police force needs major reforms.

Wilson should have had and used a taser -- but he was apparently never trained in its use, let alone made comfortable using it.

Wilson's police report was adequately corroborated.   
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 12:42:23 AM »

It's not nonsense and I'm not trying to win anyone over. The hicks can stay in hickland.

It is nonsense, even the most hardened racist is capable of reform. And learning a bit of human relations is necessary in this business.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 10:26:37 AM »

AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 11:24:34 AM »

So Democrats are rioting and burning down their own commercial districts and economic opportunities. Tell us something we didn't already know.

Ferguson is a microcosm. Democratic voters can only rage, and give world-class amateur productions of Les Miserable. Republicans sit in the audience with their popcorn buckets and evaluate the individual performances.

Sharpton could use some acting lessons, imo.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 11:30:07 AM »

Ferguson is a microcosm. Democratic voters can only rage, and give world-class amateur productions of Les Miserable. Republicans sit in the audience with their popcorn buckets and evaluate the individual performances.

Since I'm a Green, where does that leave me?
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 11:36:03 AM »

AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 11:40:43 AM »

Since I'm a Green, where does that leave me?

You're watching Republicans watch the Les Miserable larp fest and asking "how can people be so cruel?" and "how can anyone believe in this sort of system?".

Libertarians are outside of the theater, handing out fliers to tell people most of the problems have already been solved by embracing social and economic freedom, rather than choosing one or the other.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 03:04:14 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2014, 12:49:35 PM by True Federalist »

You live in Missouri.  Even when you tell someone you're from Kansas City, no one is going to think you're awesome or anything.

The geographical elitism on this board is sickening.  Let me guess, Maine and Vermont aren't hick states because they vote for your favorite team's party's nominee?  Just stupid.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 03:05:05 PM »

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 03:37:04 PM »

AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 07:14:03 PM »

It's Les Misérables. You might benefit from reading it.

If anything is proof of not having read a book, it's failure to put the silent consonants on the end of French words.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 08:33:53 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2014, 12:52:19 PM by True Federalist »

So Democrats are rioting and burning down their own commercial districts and economic opportunities. Tell us something we didn't already know.

Do you even believe the stuff you type? A man was killed. His murderer walks free. His community reacts. And that's what you call a world class amateur production? You probably live in your safe little world in who knows where, and honestly who cares. The opinion of trash is meaningless. I hope you read this before it disappears. You will never understand injustice. You will never understand loss. You will never understand oppression because the system works for you, and only you. But you don't know that, and so you feel safe to look down on those who are oppressed and judge them for standing up for themselves.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 10:17:54 PM »

but America elected a black President*, therefore racism is over; and what about the reverse racism?!

*with ACORN's help (of course).
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 10:51:08 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2014, 12:54:15 PM by True Federalist »

Do you even believe the stuff you type? A man was killed. His murderer walks free. His community reacts. And that's what you call a world class amateur production? You probably live in your safe little world in who knows where, and honestly who cares. The opinion of trash is meaningless. I hope you read this before it disappears. You will never understand injustice. You will never understand loss. You will never understand oppression because the system works for you, and only you. But you don't know that, and so you feel safe to look down on those who are oppressed and judge them for standing up for themselves.

The system does not work for him unless he is a member of the owning class. You do not understand the contradictory nature of capitalism.
MurrayBannerman
murraybannerman

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: -2.09

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2014, 10:52:18 PM »

Good thing you already live in Missouri.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2014, 12:13:26 AM »
« Edited: December 04, 2014, 12:54:54 PM by True Federalist »

I don't wish to pour more fuel on the fire, but I doubt your family has been gunned down in the streets by police officers, which means your post is just another work of Oscar-worthy political pap. If that is not the case, my condolences.

The system doesn't really work for anyone. Even the wealthiest of the wealthy are reliant upon easing to support their fortunes, and the United States is forcing them to invest in foreign markets by poisoning the lower-middle class in the United States. Some people suffer more and some people don't really suffer at all, and every minute we spend crying about disproportionate suffering is another minute we should have spent trying to fix the problem.

We've been crying for 50 years. It's time to move on. Burning down your own town to avenge the death of an alleged felon doesn't get you anywhere, even if you believe the felon shouldn't have been shot.
Kraxner
Rookie

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2014, 03:53:57 AM »
« Edited: December 04, 2014, 03:57:29 AM by Kraxner »

Im asian and most of my circle is mainly asian, make it 75% for approval of the grand jury's decision.

Being on the sidelines from the racial politics, a lot more of us have read the evidence and taken the events as a whole instead of taking one piece for racial agitation.

The 25% that don't are usually hard left/liberal/progressive holdouts who have decided to ignore the evidence in order to be social justice warriors.

Also the only education group that disapproves of the decision by net per net, is those with high school education or less.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies